Tw/rad or tw/bio

Bubbles232

• 3 weeks later

both are pretty close, /rad seems to keep things a little closer and has fewer 'click to not die' defenses that interrupt tw/ momentum, while Bio just has moar damage overall.

IMO, Rad is a slightly better general set, but Bio's ability to adapt to various types of teams/farming makes it selectively more useful in the hands of a skilled player.

They both have obnoxious graphics.

both are pretty close, /rad seems to keep things a little closer and has fewer 'click to not die' defenses that interrupt tw/ momentum, while Bio just has moar damage overall.

IMO, Rad is a slightly better general set, but Bio's ability to adapt to various types of teams/farming makes it selectively more useful in the hands of a skilled player.

They both have obnoxious graphics.

Agree ... both are good sets and play similarly, but Rad is a tad less fiddly which I would think would be important when paired with TW.

Bio will give you at least 25% more damage usually more.  Recharge is better in Rad.  Survivability?  On my WM/bio I kill things so fast solo mission leveling that I barely take damage, on a TW/Bio build... the mobs may just kill themselves when they see you coming.  I think both are ok,  Cheaper endgame for Rad, more killtastic for Bio.  Bio is probably a good bit more expensive to build end game sets for.

Rad:

Good Resistance set

Heals/absorb/Rcovery

T8 group utility

+Recharge

Cheaper to get sets for than Bio from what I am told.

BIO:

Res S/L and Defence and the main others.  Mixed set.

Heals/absorb/Recovery

-Res and -DMG toggles

at least 25% more damage than RAD

Honestly most people never even use any stance other than Offensive, at least from what I can gather from other forum posts.  I know I don't even have the other 2 slotted.

• Like 1

Have TW/Bio.  Damage is dumb, as is regen.

However, its a mixed resist/def/regen set with no defense debuff resistance and very limited resist to psy and energy, the main endgame damage types of concern (toxic also gets an nod) Rad is a res set with heals and a lot of utility, and solid resists against the Endgame Damage Types.  Truely awful stuff (Tin Mage Bobcat, Goliath Walkers, Banished +4/x8) will debuff your Bio defense to nothing, pour in exotic damage you cant deal with, or just hit like 5 lined up trucks (screw you, Bobcat)

(Funny note - if you have hover, you can ‘hoverblast’ Bobcat with TW - your TW barely outranges her normal attacks, leaving just focus and shockwave.  She can and will still kill you with those...)

Rad will probably be more survivable - but then your a resist set with scrapper resist caps.. and we might end up chasing survivability off into brute/tank land.

Either could be great.  I like my TW/Bio for All The Damage, but Rad will outtank even defensive stance bio.

• Thanks 1

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

• 5 months later

Scrappers benefit from the best soul mastry powers in epic tho. Shadow meld. 22 second recharge and 15s duration that pushes every degence up. Mine can run happily at 54% defence to psionic virtually continually, the 10 seconds its down is when your either running to next mob or using a clickie. Can cut through any mob or AV at lvl 54, some AVs have tough regen mind!

But praetorians, defence force, malta, nemesis,  council, cimeroras, parthenon, all just cant stand up. Canaries bosses do a auto hit -33% defence attack so if 3 of those are in 1 mob it stings, bit but having 3k hp sponge will hold you up for the few seconds it tales to cut them down!