Plainguy's old Robots/Traps build. Is this still viable?

Rebel230

I don't see a trap build doing +4/8 incarnate missions. The AE damage is so absurd that it takes a strong party heal to get past the initual AE damage.

No I don't think anyone can do 4/8 incarnate. Not because of the mobs but the end bosses.

But I have done Pylons with with my last pet with demon pain.  YES it took me a bit. Ate inspirations. But was able to do it with just last pet and whip attacks.

You need to remember when you have like 10 level 50s all defense capped you get bored. You start to look for something to do.

I had a Thugs dark ONLY for the guns before DP came out.

But I have done AE missions with my trap toons. The biggest issues as I mentioned everything gets aggro. This includes force field generator. Which is pumping out a major part of your defenses. So you need to eat some purple luck inspirations until you get that rhythm going.

Yea you get some bad starts  and some cascade failure at times. But I assure you it all can be done. 

Give me time let me get him up to 50 and slotted out and we can do some testing and screen shots.

Incarnate helps out TONS for any toon.

I can do +4/8 incarnate (including the bosses set at EB) just fine with demons/time BUT it can be tight on the roller coaster of damage taken vs damage healed. The reason I can't manage AVs is because of the level of health they regen.

Here is a variation on the "Live" Bots/Traps build discussed in this thread (Crafted in updated Pine's). Power selection and order all the same. It adds KB protection, additional recovery, and additional haste (near-permanent hasten) at the expense of some HP and Regen. The lost Regen can be made up with more up-time on double-stacked Triage. Other than two slots, it avoids boosted enhancements (one recharge in hasten and one LotG Def in Force Field Generator). Somewhat more expensive with an additional purple set and more MM ATOs. It retains defense softcap without relying on Protector bubbles.

Thanks again to Plainguy's original build and excellent chassis!

So you know it doesn't rely on the bots for defense cap. The bots are extra.  Just reverse the IOs to blank set and click everything off and you will see defenses are zero.

But I am getting an error on the import both ways and would like to see the build.

I recreated the build from what was listed.

I swear this isn't a epeen competition but I do look and compare.

Your short some numbers in defense cap. 44 for melee and 47 for AOE.. Can be fixed.

You are also taking a hit not only in regen and recovery but also accuracy and damage bonus, by a lot.

And the recharge rate is only fractions of a second faster just look at triage beacon on both builds and compare. 

You do have some higher resistance numbers.

I can't see the cost for for these IOs if your not really getting anything greater out of it.

My build is about 100 million. Your triage beacon is 120 million.

Both builds are created in Pines.

Again I am not trying to fire a shot across your bow here.

I am just looking at mids and making sure the settings are correct, which they are and reporting what mids says.

In comparing Mids to Pine’s version 2.23 (the linked version in the post above and the one suggested on Homecoming’s boards), there are some real differences in power activation times. Makes me wonder if there are not some other wonky things going on. I won’t be able to get in game to double check for a bit. WTF...

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

@plainguy

@ TheAdjustor - I'm sorry but no clue what your saying.

Your build is short in positional defense cap. The number is 45%.  Pine is showing 41 melee, 40 range, 43 AoE.

Further you should check your config settings as they are wrong and misleading you in some of your numbers EG resistance values. You are not maxed resistance. You are set for PVP as well.

You also killed the recharge rate by 10 seconds.

I don't know where you got that from.

Pines doesn't show the 7.5% you get from the protector bots forcefield you add that in and you are well over the cap, smashing lethal are both above the 75% resistance cap and I am in PVE mode. Having greater bot survivability seems well worth giving up a bit of recharge

Personally I am kind of giddy at the idea of having the bots out with capped defenses and 20% bonus resistance

@Rebel230

Thank you for taking the time to do this, I really appreciate it. I will compare it and see where I can adapt. I started bidding and buying IO from his build but am only about 1/2 way so should not be an issue.

Now do you have anything for either thugs/cold, or mercs/ trick arrow? lol, im a MM dabbler, lol

Glad you liked the build, it's a pleasure coming up with these.

@plainguy, I added your build to Pine's for the lvl 30 build, and it only shows a total of 30.5 Def. I'm trying to figure out where the missing 7% is. You mention Kismet in your post, but it's not listed as slotted anywhere.

Also, do you have an update on your build so far? Curious where you went after lvl 30.

Thanks so much for your help with this. Bots/Traps is my favorite build now. I've been able to tankermind like never before. It's so dang neat!

On 7/22/2019 at 11:29 AM, MechTon said:

@plainguy, I added your build to Pine's for the lvl 30 build, and it only shows a total of 30.5 Def. I'm trying to figure out where the missing 7% is. You mention Kismet in your post, but it's not listed as slotted anywhere.

Also, do you have an update on your build so far? Curious where you went after lvl 30.

Thanks so much for your help with this. Bots/Traps is my favorite build now. I've been able to tankermind like never before. It's so dang neat!

Sorry meant Steadfast. 

It is in the build I posted though. 

The bots are giving me 7%.

I also updated Mids with a patch that cleaned up a bunch of stuff that pines added that just isn't in game. 

AT lvl 36 I slotted the Gladiators Armor TP protection +3% defense. So at 40% Defense ATM. 

With the 2nd Upgrade to the bots I am now doing 1/8 smoothly.  That hellfire AOE attack from the Assault bot is great. 

I mentioned this on the old forums and I will mention it here.. There has to be a bug somewhere in the code because I always have one Battle drone that ALWAYS runs off to fight.  I notice it every time.

I just leave myself with 2 battle drones and only resummon when another one dies and I am down to one. 

But again something is clearly wrong as one Battle Drone always just decides to move closer to the mobs even with me spamming Stay. 

On 7/24/2019 at 11:02 PM, plainguy said:

Sorry meant Steadfast. 

It is in the build I posted though. 

The bots are giving me 7%.

I also updated Mids with a patch that cleaned up a bunch of stuff that pines added that just isn't in game. 

AT lvl 36 I slotted the Gladiators Armor TP protection +3% defense. So at 40% Defense ATM. 

With the 2nd Upgrade to the bots I am now doing 1/8 smoothly.  That hellfire AOE attack from the Assault bot is great. 

I mentioned this on the old forums and I will mention it here.. There has to be a bug somewhere in the code because I always have one Battle drone that ALWAYS runs off to fight.  I notice it every time.

I just leave myself with 2 battle drones and only resummon when another one dies and I am down to one. 

But again something is clearly wrong as one Battle Drone always just decides to move closer to the mobs even with me spamming Stay. 

Yes, and for me at least it is always the exact same battle drone.    At first I thought it was just coincidence.  I had to use GOTO quite liberally on my Bots/FF

So I got my Bots/Traps to 40 and used Null the Gull to switch over to villain side to work on getting patron powers. I'm in the process of working on Ghost Widow's arc. I plan to switch back to hero-side once I unlock the powers. Does anyone know if you can keep picking powers after switching back? For instance, after grabbing dark embrace at 41, can I switch back to hero-side and still have access to oppressive gloom at 47 and soul storm at 49 even if I'm back to being a hero? What happens if I choose to do a respec back on hero-side, will it turn off soul mastery? Just don't want to go through the work of doing the Ghost Widow arc just to lose access to the powers when I go back to hero-side. Thanks!

Update: Found my own answer on the wiki. As long as I play through the arc and unlock the pool, it still works regardless of alignment.

Edited by MechTon