Add the old LRSF to Ouroboros

+1

If the content is still in the code, and intact ... making it accessible somehow (and Ouro makes perfect sense) would be MOAR CONTENT for relatively low investment of resources.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Paragon Studios had a plan to hold a contest to replace Statesman as FP's designated tanker with a fan created character. Positron would remain the leader of the team, but a process much like the creation of Numina would be outsourced to the fans. I think that should be done as a way of stamping Homecoming's own feel onto the game.

Though personally I'd vote for the Ascendant; he was probably the best known fan-character, shares statesman's power set, and was already kinda canonised.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

.... and what about people who might like what it has become now?  Tough luck for them?

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

.... and what about people who might like what it has become now?  Tough luck for them?

I guess. Who would prefer the version where NPCs are just missing?

The plan was always to replace Statesman's place in the Freedom Phalanx (as the designated tanker) with a fan created character, though not as leader as that was Positron's permanent new position. A plan that I think HC should go through with.

Also honestly Penelope Yin is much more dangerous than Psyche ever was.

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

The plan was always to replace Statesman with a fan created character.

Maybe. But I doubt she's more dangerous alone than Psyche + Statesman.

The plan was always to replace Statesman with a fan created character.

Maybe. But I doubt she's more dangerous alone than Psyche + Statesman.

Replacing Statesman with a new OC Tanker would probably make the new LRSF as hard as the old one; slightly harder probably since Psyche is replaced by the more dangerous Penelope; especially since Positron has gotten a big boy buff as is fitting for the "face" of Blueside.

Replacing Statesman with a new OC Tanker would probably make the new LRSF as hard as the old one; slightly harder probably since Psyche is replaced by the more dangerous Penelope; especially since Positron has gotten a big boy buff as is fitting for the "face" of Blueside.

Yin's pet and knockup AoE are annoying, but they aren't as dangerous as Statesman's four AoE attacks. Plus, Yin's always the first target teams take down, while Statesman usually needed to be saved towards the end of the fight, because his Unstoppable makes him 100% resistant to most damage. That means Statesman plays a bigger role over the course of the fight than Yin does.

As for Positron, his attacks are the same as they ever were.

They're not comparing Penny Yin to Statesman, they're comparing her to Sister Psyche.

The question is, does Ascedant (or other fan replacement) + Penny Yin = Statesman + Sister Psyche?

And honestly I like the idea of Ascendant as the fan tanker replacement, and I don't like the idea of bringing back a character to the main task force who has a memorial zone dedicated to them because they're dead.  Putting the old TF in Ouro, that's an idea I could entertain.  We could do that and add a fan replacement to the actual TF.  ^_^

As for the Statesman Task Force... is there anything about it that changed, other than the contact?  I didn't think there was.

They're not comparing Penny Yin to Statesman, they're comparing her to Sister Psyche.

The question is, does Ascedant (or other fan replacement) + Penny Yin = Statesman + Sister Psyche?

And honestly I like the idea of Ascendant as the fan tanker replacement, and I don't like the idea of bringing back a character to the main task force who has a memorial zone dedicated to them because they're dead.  Putting the old TF in Ouro, that's an idea I could entertain.  We could do that and add a fan replacement to the actual TF.  ^_^

As for the Statesman Task Force... is there anything about it that changed, other than the contact?  I didn't think there was.

Right as always...I shift my other +1 giving Ascendant Statesman's spot on the TF...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

It's a distinction without a difference. Yin is nowhere close to Statesman, so obviously Yin is not equal to Statesman + Psyche.

I'd prefer that Ms. Liberty take up the FP Tanker Status, have the new Fan created character join the Vindicators.

-It would make more sense story wise to handle it this way, and it could be used as a good story arc where finally we get a Sidekick character that takes over for their mentor. Story wise have some incarnate energy infect the Liberty Belt, which alters Ms. Liberty's powers to a more tanker type set. Have the fan created character be part of the arc as well. The end result would be Ms. Liberty joining the FP, and being the Incarnate signature character, with the Fan made character joining the Vindicators.

Yin is absolutely more dangerous than Statesman + Psyche, by the way. Have you SEEN the damage she puts out?! Girl can hit for 3k-4k on the straight hit part of her attack, then it dots for hundreds per tick for what seems like an infinite amount of time. They weren't kidding with that "most powerful psychic in the world" stuff.