Supergroup Window crashes to desktop

ShardWarrior

For some reason, I'm unable to open the Supergroup window.  If I click Super, the game crashes to desktop.  It happens to every character in the SG.  I'm still able to enter the base and use the SG chat channel, but opening the window crashes the game completely.

UPDATE:

Tried file verification through Tequila and a complete uninstall/re-install and no dice.  All characters within this particular SG are affected.  I can log in and play them, just can't bring up the SG window.  If I do, the game crashes to desktop.

Doesn't appear to be an account based issue either as characters on my sons account are affected as well.

Any help clearing this would be appreciated.  I'd prefer not to re-roll all the characters or have them quit the SG as I have quite a lot of stuff in the base.

You'll probably need a ticket.

Have you tried adding someone to the SG (/sgi [character name]) and seeing if they get the same thing?

Do you have a Data folder inside the game installation that you're maybe copying back each time?

Have you tried from a different device / same account?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Double check that the homecoming exe is added to your graphics card "priority list".

I had window crashing issues on my laptop which has both an Intel chip and an NVidia chip.  Had to go to the NVidia control panel and add the homecoming exe to the list (and set the desired graphics for it as well).

You'll probably need a ticket.

Have you tried adding someone to the SG (/sgi [character name]) and seeing if they get the same thing?

Do you have a Data folder inside the game installation that you're maybe copying back each time?

Have you tried from a different device / same account?

[*]An in-game ticket?  Or somewhere here?  Where does one file a ticket?

Online is the location.  Go to the City of Heroes: Homecoming at the top of this page.  Scroll down to the Help & Support section, and you'll find the Help / Ticket System

Hope this helps...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Yes, I have tried logging into my account on my sons computer and get the same problem.

Then this is an account issue, not a game issue. You'll want to do the ticket for sure.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Hmm hmm hmm. 

Are there other people besides you and your son in the super group and, if so, are they having similar problems?

If not, then we can probably setup a 'test' run using a fresh alt for you. IE: say something and we can try a meet-up. Or you could just ask a rando on the server to be a temp member.

Hmm hmm hmm. 

Are there other people besides you and your son in the super group and, if so, are they having similar problems?

Not at the moment, no.  I suppose someone could help test by putting a random alt into it to see.

Thanks for the response!  Let me know if there is any further info I can provide.

• Retired Game Master

Good news!

I can indeed confirm your supergroup is very, very, very broken.

Threw me right to the desktop as soon as I tried to do anything with it.

Bad news!

I don't _yet_ know what to do about it.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

• Retired Game Master

Fiddleback and I were able to at least free your characters from the stricken SG while the admins diagnose what's wrong with it.  If the SG can be saved I'll send you an update to the support ticket you've filed about this problem.

C

Fiddleback and I were able to at least free your characters from the stricken SG while the admins diagnose what's wrong with it.  If the SG can be saved I'll send you an update to the support ticket you've filed about this problem.

C

GYAH! A rare Capocollo has appeared! Squirtle, use Water Jet! It's Super Effective! I gotcha in the Dev Tracker now!

mQHCswN.png

Where do these new GMs keep coming from, and why aren't they announced anywhere?  los3Hmo.gif

I'm out.

I've been on board since the beginning of June.  I just don't post much; I tend to only handle tickets.

Just don't forget your ticket, right?

giphy.gif