Best IO to put in a single-slot of Stamina & similar powers?

Seroster01

Title is basically the question.  This question came up primarily in regards to Bio Armor, Will Power, and other sets that have something similar or identical to Stamina in their kits (at least in terms of Recovery/sec).  For pretty much any character that doesn't have these things, putting a single slot in stamina is a bad idea, and the normal suggestion I've seen amounts to 2 pure-recovery IOs (usually a generic + Perf Shift End mod) and the Perf Shift proc.  But since several character concepts can include basically double stamina, it seems they'd might be able to allocate those slots to something else (slots that I really for my current WM/Bio build plan, and I might use it on other characters if it works out well).  Given that this question this spans across multiple classes, the fact that the same power set for different ATs almost always have different values, & that I didn't see anything like an AT-agnostic "Builds" board, I thought General would be a good place to put it.

My assumption, given what I've seen in other discussions of how to slot stamina, is that 1 50+5 generic End mod IO in each power would probably be the best, but I wasn't sure if that was actually better than a Perf Shift in each, or if either scenario would have a specific set of upsides & downsides. 

Anyone got advice for this?

It's funny, but I was just having this discussion yesterday with a SG mate. He wanted to know if it was better to use a Performance Shifter +End proc, or a regular End Mod enhancement.

I can't confirm the numbers, but I'll give you the same answer I gave him. The PS +End proc has a PPM of 1.5 and it grants a 10% endurance (keep in mind, that is a percentage of your max endurance, not necessarily equal to 10 endurance). I have 120 max endurance, so when it procs, I get 12 endurance back. But for the sake of simple math, let's assume my max endurance is 100.

A 1.5 PPM proc means it will fire once every 40 seconds. That means I get 10 endurance every 40 seconds, or 0.25 endurance per second.

When using Pine's (Mids Reborn), I slotted a lvl 50 EndMod IO (42.4% enhancement) and my recovery went up 0.17 endurance per second.

It would seem the +End Proc is simply better than using an EndMod enhancement.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

It really depends. You have to actually look at how much the power gives to begin with and compare to your AT's natural recovery rate, as well as consider your level. For example, Perf Shifter is about equal to 0.25/s End, and a single 50+5 End Mod in Sentinel Quick Recovery grants 0.27/s End, meaning that at the end, the 50+5 is better but at lower levels before that, the Perf Shifter proc may be superior.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

I would also point out that the Performance Shifter proc is not a unique.  If you have another passive power like Quick Recovery, another IO can go there also.  That's usually worth an extra slot to add it.

The best use for Health is to add the Miracle, Numina's, and other +recovery passives, as many as your character needs to get by.  Health does very little to actually keep you alive. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

A few additional points on the Perf Shifter proc:

[*]It doesn't care about -Recovery, so even if your Recovery is floored, it will get you some endurance back.

[*]While it is better on average than an EndMod in stuff like Stamina, it's also more volatile than just enhancing your Recovery rate, sometimes you'll get a good streak of procs, other times you'll go a good while without any.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.