Off Topic Forum?

Coin

I know you guys and gals are incredibly busy setting up the awesomesauce that is these new servers and this is a minor thing in comparison, but, is there any chance that we could possibly add an Off Topic forum for us to chat in, especially when the servers are down?

I used to love the OT forums on the old boards and it would be a great place to discuss things like Avengers Endgame, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who etc.

Usual rule would apply, try to steer away from political stuff, add a spoiler tag if it's a new movie etc, but I do miss the chance to chat and compare notes and theories about the subjects we all love :)

I know you guys and gals are incredibly busy setting up the awesomesauce that is these new servers and this is a minor thing in comparison, but, is there any chance that we could possibly add an Off Topic forum for us to chat in, especially when the servers are down?

I used to love the OT forums on the old boards and it would be a great place to discuss things like Avengers Endgame, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who etc.

Usual rule would apply, try to steer away from political stuff, add a spoiler tag if it's a new movie etc, but I do miss the chance to chat and compare notes and theories about the subjects we all love :)

An off-topic board is a great idea.

• 3 weeks later

So, I'm guessing this fell down the board because of lack of interest? Or is it just a dead parrot I'm trying to sell? :)

The team hasn't been super publicly responsive to the forum community's requests. When they have done/changed things in the forum, they've done it in the background without really talking about it. I don't know why. Also, they don't really seem to be responding to PMs much. It's a mystery!

I'm out.

OMG please no. Al these guys will talk about is politics and you know it. Other games are ruined with this crap now.

Actually, no. The old boards had an off topic forum that had the specific rules of no politics, religion etc and it worked extremely well. People talked about movies, TV, comic books, geek stuff like conventions, cosplay etc.

For an internet forum, it was remarkably well behaved and one of my favourite places on the internet. Hell, people who barely played the game anymore still chatted in the OT forum.

So, I'm guessing this fell down the board because of lack of interest? Or is it just a dead parrot I'm trying to sell? :)

The team hasn't been super publicly responsive to the forum community's requests. When they have done/changed things in the forum, they've done it in the background without really talking about it. I don't know why. Also, they don't really seem to be responding to PMs much. It's a mystery!

They are very much concentrated on Discord as the main mode of communication. 

Forums are the red-headed stepchild right now.  :P

I am just not 'into' Discord, sorry....pretty sure I am not alone in that, or my total dislike (ok, hatred-of) Facebook. These forums are the only source of info for folks like me.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I am with you on both of those... While I do use discord and I am in the Homecoming channel on discord... I don't USE it for my information - I use the forums. And to show even more how "out of touch" I am with social media... I loathe twitter, instagram, and snapchat lol.

I am just not 'into' Discord, sorry....pretty sure I am not alone in that, or my total dislike (ok, hatred-of) Facebook. These forums are the only source of info for folks like me.

They are very much concentrated on Discord as the main mode of communication. 

Forums are the red-headed stepchild right now.  :P

That's one of the main reasons why I created City of Forums.  That, and it's on a much more modern and solid base than SMF.  I realize that some people would rather not go elsewhere, but it's clear that if you prefer forums over Discord, something had to be done.

Apparition, that is a nice forum setup. Thank you!

Might I suggest lightening it or a color pallette change?

While dark dark is great for a corrupter, its tough for old eyes to read.

Dark is the default for mobile usage to save battery, but if you scroll all the way down to the bottom, at the bottom left is the name of the theme, "Default Dark."  Click it.  Then you should see, "Default Style," and "Default Dark."  Click "Default Style."  It's much brighter.  We have a light and dark theme, just the dark is by default.