Defender Incarnates?

evox288

hey, ive been at level 50 with my Rad/Sonic Defender for a while, my alpha slot is completely upgraded and now i have no idea what to do with the 5 other slots.

i have been running incarnate trials like crazy and have enough materials to get 3 level 3 incarnate abilities slotted, i just really dont know which ones are useful for a defender.

any guidance is greatly appreciated.

29 minutes ago, evox288 said:

hey, ive been at level 50 with my Rad/Sonic Defender for a while, my alpha slot is completely upgraded and now i have no idea what to do with the 5 other slots.

i have been running incarnate trials like crazy and have enough materials to get 3 level 3 incarnate abilities slotted, i just really dont know which ones are useful for a defender.

any guidance is greatly appreciated.

It depends on what you need for the build. For Destiny, you might want Clarion for the mez protection. T4 core offers 120 seconds (perma) mez protection, whereas the T4 radial offers 90 seconds (75% uptime) mez protection but comes with a +Special Boost which will help most of your buffs, debuffs, and mezzes. The other popular option is Ageless which gives back endurance and a nice boost to recharge.

For the others, it really depends on what you need. If you're lacking somewhere, the options can help fill gaps. Personally, I like Ion judgement for the 40 max targets, but I also like Void for the -DMG effect, so I usually go with one of those two. Hybrid, Support or Melee probably make the most sense, again one because it offers status protection and resistance buffs, the other offers an endurance protection and boosts defense/damage/special.

For interface I usually go for the -res proc, but the -HP is good (but popular) too.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I definitely like the Destiny 120 sec Clarion mezz protection for a Rad/ defender, getting mezzed can be death in a lot of TFs and trials since your AoE debuffs have been generating aggro all this time.  As a Rad/ I don't tend to need more End, between the  "you are on a team" defender inherent and perma-Accelerate Metabolism, so I didn't bother with Ageless.  

• Like 1

For interface, I like Diamagnetic or Degenerative,  though Reactive is always a popular choice.  

For judgment, it's really up to you, they're all pretty good.  Ion is easiest to use I think.

For destiny, it's often good to have multiple options.  My Rad defender has many t3s here.  Rebirth gives you a massive heal which can be helpful.  Barrier gives good armor and can rez your teammates.  Clarion, as mentioned, gives mez protection.  Incandescence can be handy on some trials and the increased healing it gives applies to all sources.  Even Ageless can give defense debuff protection if you've gone for an IO defense build.

Lore is down to preference really, though Longbow is handy for the debuffs and Seers can be good for the psy damage 

Hybrid you'll likely want Assault for the damage boost, though Melee can work well if you're running Choking Cloud.

Edited by Justaris
Fix typos

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

thanks for the advice everyone, sounds like Clarion and Ion are no brainers, and i am strongly considering the rest of your recommendations for incarnates.

seems like the option to become a stronger support or upping my own damage makes the most sense. so i will likely make a few level 3's of the Hybrid and Interface slots.

last seems like the oddest choice, but the Lore slot i will most likely put on hold till i know what their benefits are. gotta earn some threads anyways.

It's best to make multiples depending on the situation. UG I'll slot Clarion, Keyes I'll slot Incandescence if we're going for a badge run. Barrier Radial for the extra Rez for most group content. If I'm soloing I'll slot damage in Alpha and Hybrid. Support for Hybrid and Vigor for Alpha if I'm raiding.

There also a nice chart for Lore pets here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_Slot_Abilities#Forum_User_Testing

Lore, I generally roll with Robotic Drones as a thematic choice, but if I need single target damage I'll use Cimeroans and Polar Lights for AOE, like during the Mindwash Prisoner escape during BAF.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster