Jump Pack/steam jump

graeberguinn

If you shut them off before 30 secs of use, it will recharge and be ready again in 30 sec.

If you use the whole 30 sec, it will not be usable again until you zone (map, train, tunnel, whatever).

It's working "as designed" but it's a very crappy design...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

1 hour ago, justicebeliever said:

If you shut them off before 30 secs of use, it will recharge and be ready again in 30 sec.

If you use the whole 30 sec, it will not be usable again until you zone (map, train, tunnel, whatever).

It's working "as designed" but it's a very crappy design...

Is that intended? Because I let it timeout all the time on my 50s no problem. It's low levels where timing out usually grays it out, for me. 

Everlasting: American iDoll, Dumbelle, Chernobyl Rose, Caged Cuckoo, Joseon One

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

46 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

Is that intended? Because I let it timeout all the time on my 50s no problem. It's low levels where timing out usually grays it out, for me. 

It’ll recharge for 30 sec no matter what.  But if you’ve already used it for a full 30

before that, it’ll just stay gray after the recharge.

that was how it was implemented on Live. Like I said, I think it’s a pretty crappy design 

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

That may be how it's supposed to work -- I vaguely recall that from live, now you mention it -- but then it's inconsistent the other way:

spacer.png

Runs the full 30 seconds, recharges, no problem. Notice this on my 50s, while my low-levels are stuck with that not working.

think the characters that don't have this issue have global recharge, which would indicate some incredibly sloppy coding.

Edited by Sunsette

1 hour ago, Sunsette said:

spacer.png

would indicate some incredibly sloppy coding.

This is my shocked face.

To think that would be ANY incredibly sloppy coding in a game that Noble Savage himself told me, in person, at the 2012 Player Summit was ... and I quote ... "all spaghetti code now" ... is ... um ... entirely predictable and only to be expected.

I mean, it was only Arbiter Hawk himself who said at that same Player Summit during a panel that for some parts of the game, working on the base game code was like trying to work with a jenga stack WHILE IT'S ON FIRE!!!!!!!

So yeah ... this is my shocked face.

Right.  Moving on ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

49 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

jenga stack WHILE IT'S ON FIRE!!!!!!!

Great, now I want to start a Staff/Fiery Aura scrapper named Jenga Stack On Fire.  Just what I need, another alt, thanks a lot.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I used the jump pack as my ghetto travel power on many brutes from issue 10 on when I joined. It was never buggy. I ran through the whole charge without turning it off and it cycled back.  Just.  Like.  Any. Other. Power

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I used the jump pack as my ghetto travel power on many brutes from issue 10 on when I joined. It was never buggy. I ran through the whole charge without turning it off and it cycled back.  Just.  Like.  Any. Other. Power

Okay, but this is in fact a bug that commonly occurs:

spacer.png

Incidentally I did some basic testing -- all of my characters I was able to replicate the issue on right away were below level 50 or had become exemplared below level 50. No level 50 characters had the issue without exemplaring. However, some non-50 characters did not trigger the issue. It appeared to occur irrespective of the amount of global recharge, so probably a spurious bit of memory on my part prior.

Anecdata tabulation
Character Security Level Combat Level Has Global Recharge? Grayed Out?
A 50 50 ✔️
A 50 29 ✔️ ✔️
B 50 50
B 50 29
C 50 50 ✔️
C 50 29 ✔️ ✔️
D 32 32
E 35 35 ✔️ ✔️
F 30 30 ✔️
G 12 12 ✔️

Edited by Sunsette
  • Like 1