Are Alignment Merits just not a thing on these servers?

Vanden

iirc you can convert reward merits to hero merits and vice versa in the AH - the machine to the right of the AH in Atlas (the one you but rare io recipes from - i cant remember its name)

That said i think everything is now purchasable via reward merits so hero merits are just a way to condense merits to send them to an alt

iirc you can convert reward merits to hero merits and vice versa in the AH - the machine to the right of the AH in Atlas (the one you but rare io recipes from - i cant remember its name)

That said i think everything is now purchasable via reward merits so hero merits are just a way to condense merits to send them to an alt

Yeah I found this earlier. 50 Reward Merits converts to 1 Hero/Villian merit at the reward merit... ATM? I remember it being a person, but I also didn't use them that much on live. I've been doing a ton more exploring lately to see what's different, and this is a cool change, I think.

Triumph - Fusion Force & Global Heroics

Even if that's true, an Alignment Merit was "worth" more than 50 Reward Merits, my memory has them valued at about 100:1 instead of the 50:1 we're getting now.

Also, simply pput, I don't see why the reward was changed.

Reward Merit costs are greatly reduced on the i25 servers; it's generally 20 merits for uncommon recipes, 50 for rares, and 100 for Purple/PVP/AT items. The loss of alignment merits for reinforcing your alignment isn't so bad in light of that, but it kind of ruins the rewards for doing signature story arcs because they haven't been replaced with anything there.

Reward Merit costs are greatly reduced on the i25 servers; it's generally 20 merits for uncommon recipes, 50 for rares, and 100 for Purple/PVP/AT items. The loss of alignment merits for reinforcing your alignment isn't so bad in light of that, but it kind of ruins the rewards for doing signature story arcs because they haven't been replaced with anything there.

Oh, well in light of that a lot of my concerns are pretty much allayed.  Thanks.

Speaking as someone that exclusively used SBOs once they were available (on more than 40 characters), I find this Merit system to be so much better than what he had access to before.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I think the reason they removed the align merits from SSAs is because it overly incentivized being Hero/Villain; because Align Merits were basically worth 100 Reward Merits, Who Will Die part 1 gave a MASSIVE reward for 10 minutes of minimal risk, whereas a Rogue/Vigilante could only get 20.  Add in that at SSA launch, they were on a daily timer and Morality missions were basically every other day, and you had Hero/Villain being able to haul in the equivalent of 300 merits to a rogue/vigilante's 90.  Add in that the hero/villain powers are just flat better than the rogue/vigilante ones, and the mechanics pushed even hard RPers to bow to the necessity of being Hero/Villain only.  As it sits now, it's much more balanced overall across the alignments.

Can anyone who has waited the 7 days after doing their first hero/vill morality mission (so teh countdown to whatever powers appear) confirm there are NO alignment merits? Like..ever? I got a level 22 Vill I was waiting a week on, to start getting Vill Merits.

Also..do rogues/vigilantes get 50 reward merits per Morality mission as well?