The Veteran Levels

Nericus

First, I like them.  They are a nice way to restore the vet badges.

But as I recall, they stop after 99, and I have heard of no plan to add anymore of them, which is fine. 

Yet I see some people that are significantly higher then vet level 99, which again is fine, mileage varies and to each their own.  But aside from in game status symbols or a players own sense of gratification/ego, and the occasional level up buff,  wouldn't it be better at vet level 99 to shut off XP gain and just rack up influence?

As someone who is vet level 528 I can assure you that I don't need more inf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

21 minutes ago, Veracor said:

How do you know for sure?  Do you have so much influence that you will give me a billion influence?  If not, then you don't have enough.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

29 minutes ago, Veracor said:

Well if you have 2 billion inf on that alt then yeah that is enough unless they raised the limit.

I mainly ask as my main is closing in on vet level 99, just wondering if I need to go past that point.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:31 AM, Nericus said:

Well if you have 2 billion inf on that alt then yeah that is enough unless they raised the limit.

I mainly ask as my main is closing in on vet level 99, just wondering if I need to go past that point.

There is no practical reason to when you can convert that wasted XP into influence.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• 8 months later

This is why most modern MMO's are failures.  Levels and, "End Game", are toxic concepts to a game you're supposed to keep playing--and paying for.  What more do I do, once I've reached the end?

Bad developers!  No donut!  Stop making scaling systems that have an end!

• Confused 1

To the point, though, did recent changes make it so turning off XP isn't useful?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I was on a server were Vet levels had been turned off.  You still earn salvage/threads/etc, but you didn't progress past level 50.  I didnt see any difference at all in gameplay other than the loss of salvage generated from leveling as a Vet.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!