laptop GPU issues

ScrewySqrl

I have been able to get homecoming running just fine on my desktop.

However, on my laptop, in spite of setting the default GPU to my GeForce 1050, including specifically labeling Tequila.exe, homecoming.exe, and cityofheroes.exe as launching with the NVidia card in NVidia control panel, it always comes up telling my its using an out of date driver for Intel Graphics 630, and if it logs in at all, gives me only 30 fps in atlas park, and crashes regularly.

How can I get the program to properly run in NVidia?

My laptop is an Acer Nitro 5 with an i5-7400HQ and 4GB GTX 1050

Edited by ScrewySqrl

This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but if you are comfortable going into the BIOS you might try disabling the integrated graphics processor in the BIOS. That is what I did on my laptop, which is a couple of years older than yours if I have my dates right.

make sure you run intel driver updater that free from intel make sure your chipset and other drivers are up to date. also check to see if the laptop bios is up to date. on newer laptop in the bios should be some power setting for the gpu or laptop. if set to power savings the intel gpu will come on and be used. on some laptops you have to have power saving set to off. with windows 10 now you should not have to go into the bios to turn video cards on or off just go under device manager to video chipset and click disable on the intel gpu then reboot. you should then see only the nvidia gpu.