Cimerora: What's the deal?

RikOz

Is there any actual storyline in Cimerora?

I did the initial introductory mission, meeting a bunch of NPCs.

Only two of them seem to have anything for me to do. Marcus Valerius just keeps giving me the same random missions over and over, and Imperious wants me to form a Task Force.

There is also Sister Airlia, who is IIRC for villains only.  (Daedalus is heroes only.)  Neither of their missions have much to do with Cimerora; I remember Arachnos and Malta being heavily featured, so they may not be worth the bother. 

I do spend a fair amount of time killing Romans on the walls by the door to the ITF final mission.  This used to be a sweet spot for recipe drops; not sure it is any more, but it is a good test of level 50 survivability and tactics. 

Marcus Valerius is basically the zone equivalent of radio missions.  Like Borea in RWZ, his are all timed.  He is good for solo grinding between 35 and 50, but there is no story there either.  You wonder how he gets reception on his cell phone.   Avoid anything that mentions 'dark crystals' or 'shadow cysts'; those are the old time squidkiller cysts that generate vast numbers of nictus mobs. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

But, if you haven't done an ITF, definitely do it!  At least once, but I'm guessing you will want to repeat it once you've done one.  Provided you get on a team not attempting to speed through it, that is.  You want to go through at normal speed, at least the first time.  There is absolutely the payoff to the story line in Cimerora in there.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, Sunsette said:

Daedalus has a plotline at level 40, but after that it's pretty much just the ITF. Honestly, Cimerora seems a little... bare? to me for the amount of work put into it with its different aesthetic exteriors.

Ah, okay. Montague Castanella sent me there before I was 40. I left when I couldn't find anything to do, and did some missions from Founders Falls and some Tip missions to hit 40. Now that I'm 40 I'll go find Daedalus.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Marcus Valerius is basically the zone equivalent of radio missions.  Like Borea in RWZ, his are all timed.  He is good for solo grinding between 35 and 50, but there is no story there either.  You wonder how he gets reception on his cell phone.  

But at least he doesn't have to worry about Roman charges…

• Haha 2

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!