Valet badge

dsorber

Where do i get the Valet badge, the badge just says "Keep Paragon City's vehicles safe during a freakshow rampage." the wiki has no info on this badge and there is nothing on the forums either. Anyone who has achieved this badge please respond or send me a in game tell/email to @Mystic1 thanks and happy hunting.

It's in the Market Crash TF.

I can't remember which mission it is but it's the 1 where you protect Wentworths from the Freaks and Sky Raiders.

You have to stop the Freaks from blowing up the vehicles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bud said:

It's in the Market Crash TF.

I can't remember which mission it is but it's the 1 where you protect Wentworths from the Freaks and Sky Raiders.

You have to stop the Freaks from blowing up the vehicles.

Awesome! thanks for the info, will run that later. Appreciate it!

• 6 months later

I would like to get this badge, too.  And I've heard it's a hard one to get.  But good strategy in CoX seems to be the most powerful Power in the game.  Cadd in the Cosmic Council is passing out Really Hard Way badges every Saturday night.

So I imagine this one wouldn't be hard at all with some undistracted players.

Edit: Eww!  Necro-thread!

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• 3 weeks later

The other day I pug'd a team on lfg and specified the Valet badge and a request for serious badgers only.  I got a GREAT team with two people who knew the tactics.  So I split half the team with one tactician and the rest of us followed the other.  Easy, peasy.

A piece of advice: Stay on the ground!  If you aggro the Sky Raiders they'll start interfering (which might not matter, but you know...)

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

The strat is send one or two behind the building, and everyone ignore the mobs not fighting cars at first, just bounce spawn to spawn of those fighting cars both in fron, in back and on the side of the wents building.

There are 3 vans in back very close to one another, just have one or two people go back there and aoe/taunt the groups off them, there are 2 cars in front, and 3 cars on the side which you can just hop spawn to spawn and aggro the mobs while they chase you and stop attacking the cars.

It helps to have it set at -1/0 but you can do it at +4 if you want, just takes the bosses so much less time to wreck cars because they do much more damage.

We speed run this pretty much nightly, and valet comes with the package, since we have to kill all the mobs anyways, we just do it as we go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 2/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, Apparition said:

The trick to this is aggro, aggro, aggro.  You need everyone to run around the map and aggro the Freakshow destroying vehicles as quickly as possible.  I usually bring out my Lore pets, and run around, tossing out Ion Judgement and various AoEs as I pass Freakshow.

team AOEs/damage dont damage the vehicles?

• 3 weeks later

Cars count as "friendly" to you, the same as hostages.  I bet real-life law enforcement would love that...."He's got a hostage....quick, toss a grenade and use the flamethrower to take him out!"  And the hostage, as well as surrounding area, is unharmed, lol.

Edited by Hivercide

I was on a PUG that recently got Valet from the Market Crash, and I have a word of caution: As near as I can tell, the Freaks don't start damaging vehicles until they are engaged. As this mission starts from a train station, it isn't guaranteed that everyone will get to the mission at the same time, to say nothing about the delay from different gaming rigs/connections. The first 5 of us in the zone waited patiently by the mission entrance... the tank entered 6th with no communication and didn't bother to wait for players 7 and 8 before leaping like a madman to the first group of Freaks.

Luckily a couple of us had several powerful AoE (point blank and targeted) and knew where the scattered vehicles were. We were able to wipe out several groups quickly (and keep aggro from the survivors) but that was a little too rando for my taste, as five players had to scramble immediately after seeing what the tank was doing. There are too many Freaks for a single tank to hold the aggro and I don't think the tank had any idea of what was ahead.

• Like 1

On any Market Crash Trial, badge attempt or otherwise, I always either skip the second mission entirely (if it's a speed run), or leave the second mission after we rescue the Wentworth's employee, (if it's not a speed run).  Then I fly to the tram, and TP everyone to the tram after everyone is out of the second mission.  That avoids a lot of flakiness.  It means that I miss out on some XP, INF, and drops, but eh.  There's plenty of all of that elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, Apparition said:

On any Market Crash Trial, badge attempt or otherwise, I always either skip the second mission entirely (if it's a speed run), or leave the second mission after we rescue the Wentworth's employee, (if it's not a speed run).  Then I fly to the tram, and TP everyone to the tram after everyone is out of the second mission.  That avoids a lot of flakiness.  It means that I miss out on some XP, INF, and drops, but eh.  There's plenty of all of that elsewhere. 

That's a great suggestion!

4 hours ago, Kallisti said:

The trucks behind Wentworths are usually the things people forget. I usually jump along the left hand map edge to the far side of the map to save the 2 cars and a truck that are in the car park over there as those can be tricky to get to without agroing half the map!

Those three(?) trucks are a good candidate spot for a multi-AoE Blaster to attack first. In the case I mentioned, I was able to wipe out every freak except for the Bosses with just a couple of clicks and then the Bosses (and rezzed Super Stunners) stayed with me as I went to help other players. I think the trucks are a little tougher than the cars, but they are so close together that a a few AoE and a Judgement can clean those areas out.

• Like 1