Costume Piece suggestions for character "The Passive Voice"

AmishJustice

I'm struggling with costume ideas for my heroic toon, "The Passive Voice" an Illusion/Sonic controller. As a schtick, he speaks only in passive voice ("A state of readiness is attained by me"), and is something of a pacifist. Other than the peace symbol chest detail, what other costume pieces do you suggest I embrace?

I'd go for robes, baggy tops and trousers, that sort of thing to suggest "soft" shapes, no armors probably.  Hoods was a good suggestion up there from mrinku.  And muted colors/earthtones.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Now I am tempted to create an entire roster of characters named after grammar things.  The Pluperfect Subjunctive, The Imperative Mood, The Ablative Absolute, The Split Ergativity, Polysynthetic, Proto-Algonquian. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Hmmm, not sure what the character's best costume options would be, other than things that look like they might alter/affect voice, and perhaps be a bit grey and aloof looking.

But his nemesis definitely needs to look like a grade 10 English teacher, grey hair, bun, horn-rim glasses, armed with a ruler and a sharp piece of chalk. Battle cry:

"The passive voice is weak! Use Active! Use Active!" <whack!>

On 8/11/2019 at 1:16 AM, Heraclea said:

Now I am tempted to create an entire roster of characters named after grammar things.  The Pluperfect Subjunctive, The Imperative Mood, The Ablative Absolute, The Split Ergativity, Polysynthetic, Proto-Algonquian. 

I just created a stalker named Shocking Conclusion. Not exactly grammar related, but more literary.