Possible to restore the Ragnarok proc to its full functionality?

Vanden

As if the targeted AoE IO sets didn't have enough problems, the Ragnarok purple set is the only damage purple set that doesn't get a damage proc. When purples were first added to the game, the Ragnarok proc was a chance for Fire Damage AND Knockdown. For some reason, it never worked like they wanted it to (what it was supposed to do and wasn't, I have no idea), so they finally just removed the chance for Fire damage and left it only Chance for Knockdown. The powers system seems a lot more robust these days, however, so maybe it would be possible to make the Ragnarok proc the proc it was originally meant to be?

• Like 7

• 1 year later

While it seems odd that the Ragnarok Targeted AoE set doesn't include a %damage proc, the HC devs have already added another targeted IO set (Bombardment) which includes a %damage (Fire) proc. Targeted AoE requires the least love, from my PoV. Lets look at Fear sets first, followed by Taunt.

Yes, I am aware that Very Rare %damage procs do more damage when they fire, and that they exemplar to the lowest levels... but this seems like a problem for the 1% to me. Even without a secondary effect on a ranged AoE attack that can open up other %proc choices, you can slot the following %damage pieces, in addition to multiple ways to get %controls (including Knockdown):

• Bombardment %Fire
  • Positron's Blast %Energy
  • Javelin Volley %Lethal
  • Annihilation %-Res

Writing only for myself: While I have a few builds that would certainly add a hypothetical %damage piece to a power using 5-pieces of Ragnarok, I also have several builds that use the %Knockdown Ragnarok piece by itself (as a 1-off)... because the Overwhelming Force piece is also a unique, and only powers which take knockback enhancements can accept a Sudden Acceleration KB->KD piece.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

While it seems odd that the Ragnarok Targeted AoE set doesn't include a %damage proc, the HC devs have already added another targeted IO set (Bombardment) which includes a %damage (Fire) proc. Targeted AoE requires the least love, from my PoV.

In my defense, I started this thread long before Bombardment and Artillery were added.

• Like 1