Positron 1 bug. Doc Buzzsaw shows up as a level 15.

Sovera

I believe that this is easy to replicate since it always happens in the same fashion:

If someone is level 8 (minimum level for Posi 1) as they start the TF then the whole party and the enemy NPCs stay at level 8 for the duration even if the leader keeps on leveling past level 8 during the TF. Easy to test and see this. Then Doc Buzzsaw spawns as a level 15 and everyone is level 8 making it a +7 EB. The TF is a bust since we cannot hurt it. This forces a disband and do it all over again. Since we no longer are level 8 we now have ours and enemy NPC scaling working as it should and Doc Buzzsaw spawns correctly.

As someone who does one DFB to reach level 8 and then start with Posi 1 this happens a LOT until I figured it out. The trick is just to pass leadership to someone who is not minimum level. I forgot to do it today. So we are restarting it and in the interim I'm finally posting about this.

• Thanks 1

Good to know.  My practice always was to pass leadership to the lowest person on Posi 1.  Level 8 means no Ruin Mage. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

This is similar to Doctor Vahzilok in Positron 2; some enemies just don't have level ranges low enough to accommodate teams lead by lower level player-characters.   So, it's not so much a Bug, as an intended feature and/or programming oversight.

Not saying it shouldn't be changed, of course . . . just that mentioning that we want it changed should probably go in the Suggestions and Feedback section, rather than the Bugs section.

• 5 weeks later

Ran into this problem just now too.  It wouldn't be a problem if the team either weren't locked at the level they begin at (we were all level 15 by the time we got to her) or if the EB had the proper range, but the two combined make it pretty infeasible to complete, and you don't discover it 'til you're almost done.  Very unfortunate.

As an addendum this happens on LGTF as well, where we can start it at 35 but the Hami mission spawned us level 50 mitos and we had to give up even with EoEs.

• 3 months later

This bug is still active, guys. I duoed it today since no one else was interested and since both of us were level 8 we couldn't pass the leader to a level 15. Again we started at 8 and stayed 8 even as we leveled through the TF, but the boss spawned as a level 15 unlike the level 8 mobs surrounding.

We had to cancel the TF again.

Call it whatever you'd like then. A 'feature' if you want. How can you possibly argue that is normal if the TF prevents us from leveling from the level with which we started it and then we are presented with an enemy 7 levels higher effectively being impossible to kill?

IT IS JUST CODING! Lets not make this a huge impossible thing omg, hard coded into the system!

Either the TF lets us level while we're inside (we were, I think, level 11 at the time, so the boss at level 15 would have been difficult but not completely impossible), or it PREVENTS THE TF TO START IF TOO LOW LEVEL TO COMPLETE THE TF!

This is not rocket science. If lowest limit to defeat a level 15 boss is level 10 then up the TF's minimum to level 10.

This is the LGTF all over again with a minimum level of 35 and then Hami spawning at 50. IT IS NOT MINIMUM LEVEL 35 IF WE NEED TO BE AT LEAST 45 TO COMPLETE THE TF!

I accept it is a bug or an oversight, I'm just saying that it is there and is in need of being fixed in one way or another.