Water Blast Secondary Choice

Mercurias

Heya. I’ve decided to dip my toe back into Blasters, and I figured the ideal choice would be finally playing a Water Blaster to 50.

if my goal is to softcap defense and play at all ranges, would I have an easier time pairing Water Blast with /Temporal, /Atomic, or /Energy?

Devices seems to have many powers that work to keep mobs at range and stay out of melee.  Made an archery/devices blaster that seems pretty safe for a blaster. And Halloween is coming.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

5 minutes ago, Mercurias said:

IS here an anything in particular that time does which Atomic doesn’t?

IF you mean temporal : 

- Passive absorb on top of the recovery ability

- highest absorb of all sets (due to the mechanics of the set that may get extra absorb by using chronos which is his buildup)

- inner -regen (which is quite nice if you run MO tf's

Atom currently while has on paper great stuff, it really is kinda behind dps wise (aside beta decay mechanics the best part of atom set it's his holds both pbaoe and single)

1 hour ago, Seale said:

IF you mean temporal : 

- Passive absorb on top of the recovery ability

- highest absorb of all sets (due to the mechanics of the set that may get extra absorb by using chronos which is his buildup)

- inner -regen (which is quite nice if you run MO tf's

Atom currently while has on paper great stuff, it really is kinda behind dps wise (aside beta decay mechanics the best part of atom set it's his holds both pbaoe and single)

It also does melee just as well.  The DPA on Future Pain is a little less than Positronic Fist, but the other melee ranged attack and PBAoE are both better DPA. Atomic though can get much higher recharge if you build them to hang out in melee range.

I rolled Water/Fire and was impressed by the sheer damage potential and survivability.

/Fire does cause Water/ to move into melee-ish range, but in practice its not so bad. 

What I like about /Fire is the heal over time in the sustain power which stacks beautifully with the HP restoration of Dehydrate. Neither power on its own is a life saver, but together they account for some impressive healing potential.

/Fire also has an impressive number of PBAoE damage abilities that allow a complete rotation of AoE attacks with minimal slotting.

/ice is a really solid choice, as well as thematic, but ice is a pretty solid choice for just about any blaster. Not really any special synergy except a heck of a lot of survivability to get your water chains running well, and the time you need to soak health from opponents.

energy is weird, especially when all of your knockdown suddenly turns into knockback again. but with dehydrate, you can fill a good chunk of your health bar.

Edited by Frostweaver

Temporal will serve you well.  

The absorb toggle is insane mitigation when paired with water.  Between knock ups, it basically means that the majority of hits you take will be reduced by up to 118 ( on my blaster ), more so if Chrono enabled.  Throw in the absorb proc and the +hp/end procs and you’re tanky AF. 

Plus you get recharge from chronos and r timelord. Combined with the +recharge proc options in water, you’ll sit at really high recharge rates. 

In my opinion Time takes everything water does good and makes it even better. 

• 1 year later
3 hours ago, Volcanic92 said:

anyone have a water/plant blaster build 

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Sargasso: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Plant Manipulation
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Entangle -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(3), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Water Burst -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(7), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Strangler -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Hold%(13), GldNet-Dam%(13), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(15), NrnSht-Dam%(15), UnbCns-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Dam(17), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(21)
Level 8: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Toxins -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(23), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Apc-Dam%(25), ThfofEss-+End%(25), AchHee-ResDeb%(27)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(27)
Level 18: Water Jet -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(29), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 20: Wild Fortress -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal(33), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(33), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 22: Weave -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(34), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(37)
Level 24: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 26: Steam Spray -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(39), HO:Centri(39), Ann-ResDeb%(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(40)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), Rct-ResDam%(40), Ksm-ToHit+(42)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 32: Geyser -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(42), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Vines -- Lck-Acc/Rchg(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-%Hold(45), Lck-Acc/Hold(45), Lck-Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 38: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 41: Char -- Dvs-Hold%(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(48), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(48), NrnSht-Dam%(48), GldNet-Dam%(50), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Spore Cloud -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 49: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 1: Combo Level 1
Level 1: Combo Level 2
Level 1: Combo Level 3
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
------------

On 10/9/2020 at 8:28 PM, Volcanic92 said:

anyone have a water/plant blaster build 

This is what I'm toying with, but as I posted in other thread, looking for feedback.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Water The Plant: Level 50 Technology Blaster
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Plant Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 1: Entangle -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Water Burst -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(11), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(48)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(11)
Level 8: Tidal Forces -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(48), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 10: Toxins -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(15), ThfofEss-+End%(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(17)
Level 14: Hover -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Ksm-ToHit+(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), BlsoftheZ-Travel(42), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(42)
Level 16: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(17)
Level 18: Water Jet -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(23)
Level 20: Wild Fortress -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Steam Spray -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(27), Artl-Dam/Rech(27), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(29), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(31)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Geyser -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(36), NrnSht-Dam%(39), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(40), UnbCns-Dam%(45), GldNet-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Spore Cloud -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(39)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), GldArm-ResDam(43)
Level 44: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Slow%(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(5), Prv-Absorb%(34)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Combo Level 1
Level 1: Combo Level 2
Level 1: Combo Level 3
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Clarion Total Core Invocation
------------