An Observation on Conduct

So, today I've been home ill (yay food poisoning!) and as a result have basically been playing all day.  I have done 3 TFs, and while they were all very different, one thing really stands out in this game.

People are really nice.

That may seem like a fairly inane comment, but each group had their issues: in the first TF, the servers went down half way through but when we logged back in, people came back to the group and we waited for quite a while for stragglers before moving on.

In the second one, I had to run off and hurl my guts up for 15mins, and the rest of the team was good enough to wait for me to come back.

In the last one, it was Synapse's TF (I now remember why I started avoiding it on live... so many clockwork!) and even when people started getting bored and exhausted, everybody was still friendly and supportive.

I have played a lot of online games since CoH went dark, but I am struggling to think of any where people are just so genuinely laid back and nice to play with.  Even in Rift, which in my experience had one of the more mature player bases, nobody would have blinked an eye at kicking somebody for going AFK or taking too long to get back after a break, and the less said about some of the players I've met in WoW raids the better.... ;)

So yeah, it's good to see that the community I remember in this game is, you know, exactly as I remember it! :D

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

Normally, I don't like teaming with random people in a game. Back in the old days this game changed that. I teamed up quite often and the majority of people were nice and laid back. Of course, if you think about it the game itself is somewhat laid back. This is the only game I've played where you can type something quick in chat in the middle of combat and still fight well. The game system itself encourages interaction.

I'm not a big team content person myself but I will say that one of the things about City of Heroes/Villains is that the people are generally some of the nicest people you will play with.  I'm sure that will continue to hold true in its rebirth.  It's just the culture that evolved around the game, I think. 

On live, I had a 'putersaurus that would make teaming action turn into a slideshow...my graphics were set at bare bones. I soloed most of the time. Now that I have a new gaming computer, it's SO awesome to be able to be on a huge team with no lag. I look forward to teaming and finally doing missions/TFs that I still haven't experienced after all this time.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Of course, if you think about it the game itself is somewhat laid back. This is the only game I've played where you can type something quick in chat in the middle of combat and still fight well. The game system itself encourages interaction.

That's true- and especially playing a healer, it's quite rare to have the chance to talk while also keeping an eye on what's going on.  And yet, even with the time to type a quick comment or two in chat, the combat still feels like it's moving at a good pace! 

On live, I had a 'putersaurus that would make teaming action turn into a slideshow...my graphics were set at bare bones. I soloed most of the time. Now that I have a new gaming computer, it's SO awesome to be able to be on a huge team with no lag. I look forward to teaming and finally doing missions/TFs that I still haven't experienced after all this time.

I hope you enjoy it!  Feel free to come and say hi if you see Guide of Misguidance or Pink Champagne anywhere around- I'm always open for team-ups! ;)

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

I find people here pretty forgiving and understanding, perhaps a lot more than other games.

I usually play melee, but I switched to support at the request of Sister Flame (my lovely daughter). I have no idea really how to play a good healing support and I am just mimicking what I see others do. None of the pick up teams have had any issues with "the rookie" and I even had some positive comments on my heals. Granted, there has been a team wipe or two... but heals were never to blame.

I also run into quite a few new players who feel the need to apologize for their inexperience. I just laugh and tell them not to worry about it: it is just a game and we are here to have fun.

OP, take this one to heart:

I just laugh and tell them not to worry about it: it is just a game and we are here to have fun.

it is just a game and we are here to have fun.

[shadow=white,left]it is just a game and we are here to have fun.[/shadow]

I'm out.

I hope you enjoy it!  Feel free to come and say hi if you see Guide of Misguidance or Pink Champagne anywhere around- I'm always open for team-ups! ;)

GUIDE!

DUDE!

Fancy meeting you here. XD

(And if that grinning Abyssal of yours happens to be on Everlasting, Amun and Anut would absolutely run around with him.)

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

GUIDE!

DUDE!

(And if that grinning Abyssal of yours happens to be on Everlasting, Amun and Anut would absolutely run around with him.)

I KNEW I RECOGNISED YOUR NAME!! :D 

This is amazing!!

I'm maining on Torchbearer right now, but I have toons on every server and we absolutely need to meet up there sometime!

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

GUIDE!

DUDE!

I KNEW I RECOGNISED YOUR NAME!! :D 

This is amazing!!

I'm maining on Torchbearer right now, but I have toons on every server and we absolutely need to meet up there sometime!

1ezh3Mb.jpg

Ah, I LOVE a good meadow run...

I'm out.

I usually play melee, but I switched to support at the request of Sister Flame (my lovely daughter). I have no idea really how to play a good healing support and I am just mimicking what I see others do. None of the pick up teams have had any issues with "the rookie" and I even had some positive comments on my heals. Granted, there has been a team wipe or two... but heals were never to blame.

One thing to keep in mind is that healing is the weakest form of support in CoH. As you get higher level you'll find that your healing is overshadowed by the other abilities in your set (even for Empathy which is the most healing focused set). So don't focus on healing to the exclusion of other powers as you level up.

To steal a quote:

"What are you trying to tell me? That I can heal wounds?"

"No, WyllPrime. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to."

Defender Smash!

It's wierder than that, Knight- we don't even know each other from CoH!  We met through an entirely different hobby. XD

It's true... We both knew the other played City, but just never managed to be on the same servers at the same time. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

It's wierder than that, Knight- we don't even know each other from CoH!  We met through an entirely different hobby. XD

It's true... We both knew the other played City, but just never managed to be on the same servers at the same time.

Seriously- I remember seeing screenies from your time in Paragon City and wishing I was on the US servers. XD  And now... well... I kind of am!!

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)