Best Well Rounded Blaster?

Justisaur

5 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

So little?  I'm at +102%.  My primary rotation (first 4 single-target attacks) recharges in under 6 seconds: Sniper Blast, Power Burst, Power Blast, Power Bolt.  And the primary purpose of Power Bolt is Force Feedback: 33% Chance for +Recharge, which procs fairly reliably, adding another +100% recharge for 5 seconds.  I rarely wait for any attack to recharge, except Nova.

In order to take Hasten, I'd have to drop the Concealment pool, which would cost me a little defense, regen, and a few HP.  Definitely worth considering if I felt slow, but I don't really feel that way.

Hasten > stealth 

The thing to remember about hasten is its merely a tool to get to the recharge numbers you want to get your rotation and longer recharging powers down to a manageable level. if Raths build gets by without it because he has designs on the stealth pool for def purposes, then thats fine in terms of overall build viability and performance. 

I personally rate hasten very high in all builds, because the 70% rech is greater than the 7.5% global id get from a mule power in the stealth pool and the def I can usually squeeze out in other ways, but if this particular build works with 106% recharge instead of 150%+ recharge, then more power to it. Stealth is a pretty handy power now that the movement penalty is gone, although for def purposes, once it suppresses you only get a small boost in combat, which could possibly be replaced with agility incarnate if thats not already in play.

I think the overall consideration is always what you are trying to accomplish with a build, so if the extra rech% you get from hasten doesnt outweigh the benefits of the stealth pool in this particular case, theres no set in stone rule that hasten is always > stealth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One of the things that folks don't consider when just looking at the numbers is the animation times for attack powers.  Hasten reduces recharge time, but not animation time.  Energy Blast powers have really long animation times, so it takes time to cycle through each of the powers in a rotation.  It doesn't matter if the powers recharge quickly if I'm still busy cycling through the previous power.  If I'm still busy with firing off my T3 power, it doesn't really matter if my T1 comes back in under 1 second.  So the recharge provided by Hasten can sometimes be "wasted" while I'm waiting for animations to finish.

Just for chuckles and grins, I respec'ed my build to drop Stealth, Invisibility, and Assault, so that I could take Hasten, Super Speed (for stealth), and Vengeance (to mule LotG +Recharge).  I lost 5% of my defense for +70% recharge (for a total of +172%).  That seems like a good trade-off on paper, right?

That basically shaved a grand total of about 1 second off my normal single-target rotation.  One (1) second.  I ran a bunch of missions and there was no significant difference/improvement to my damage output.  I was still churning through my same rotation in about 5 seconds (instead of 6), because Hasten doesn't improve animation times -- they're still the same.  So the net improvement to my rotation was only 17%: that means that 53% of the +70% provided by Hasten was "wasted".  Sure, my other powers recharged faster, but I don't use them all the time.  So I could maybe justify it for those, or for long AV fights, but otherwise... meh.

So is a net +17% improvement to recharge worth a loss of 5% defense?  I'm not sure yet: I'm willing to keep trying it out for the moment.  YMMV  *shrug*

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

In the situation you described the decision for me would come down to the impact the change makes on Nova. If I'm happy having that up a few seconds earlier then I'd keep it. If it didn't matter to me, I'd go back to a little more defense. 

It occurs to me that the 1 second I gained is about the same benefit I get when Force Feedback: 33% Chance for +100% Recharge procs.  It's still proc'ing, but again, that has no effect on animation times, so my rotation was still 5 seconds total.  So basically, that entire proc is wasted now, too.  I'll have to keep testing with an additional emphasis on watching Nova to see if that matters.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

27 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I have an Energy/TA at 38 right now, so I'm very interested how this plays out. I like Super Speed, so a lot of times I'll take Hasten no matter what. But with /TA's movement and recharge boosts, skipping both Hasten and Super Speed is something I'm starting to consider. 

Tactical Arrow has Upshot (+30% Recharge for 10 sec) and Agility (+20% Recharge auto), while Temporal Manipulation has Chronos and Time Lord, which offer equivalent bonuses to recharge.  I have both Chronos and Time Lord in my build, so you would have the same benefits if you take Upshot and Agility.  I also have a 50+3 Archery/TA Blaster, who has both of these, as well.

@Rathstar

Here's a slightly revised build that keeps Hasten and Super Speed, but restores Assault by dropping Vengeance.  Losing +10% damage for +7.5% recharge isn't worthwhile (especially not if that additional 7.5% is "wasted" by long animation times).

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Rathstar 3: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 1: Time Wall -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A)
Level 2: Power Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 4: Time Stop -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(11), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(13), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(13), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(15)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(19)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(21), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(21), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(23), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(23), ExcCnt-Stun%(25)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), Ksm-ToHit+(29)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 18: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal(36), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(36)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(39), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Chronos -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Nova -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(43), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 38: Time Shift -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(46), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(46), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(48), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), CldSns-%Dam(48)
Level 41: Time Lord -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ImpSki-Status(50), GldArm-3defTpProc(50), Ags-Psi/Status(50)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), Prv-Absorb%(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(11)
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Clarion Partial Core Invocation 
Level 50: Ion Partial Radial Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Partial Core Graft 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Total Radial Conversion 
Level 50: Longbow Total Core Improved Ally 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

8 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

How long can your build keep up the rotation without going dry on endo? 

With Temporal Healing (+50% Recovery, a.k.a. Eagle Eye in Tactical Arrow) and Stamina (+42% recovery, slotted)?  Um, almost forever?  My end use is under 2/sec, and my EndRec is over 4/sec.  And that's with nine (9) toggles running.  On my A/TA Blaster, I run ten (10!) toggles simultaneously.  I barely ever see my blue bar move, much less "run dry".

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

3 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

With Temporal Healing (+50% Recovery, a.k.a. Eagle Eye in Tactical Arrow) and Stamina (+42% recovery, slotted)?  Um, almost forever?  My end use is under 2/sec, and my EndRec is over 4/sec.  And that's with nine (9) toggles running.  On my A/TA Blaster, I run ten (10!) toggles simultaneously.  I barely ever see my blue bar move, much less "run dry".

Cool thanks for the info.  I've never played a blaster before, and i'm just starting my research into them.      I appreciate you sharing your process on this build with the community.

6 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Cool thanks for the info.  I've never played a blaster before, and i'm just starting my research into them.      I appreciate you sharing your process on this build with the community.

Oh, now I understand.  Welcome to the wonderful world of blasters!  😁

Here's my leveling build for my A/TA Blaster.  You might find it useful for modeling/adjustments.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1

Wrongbow SO: Level 50 Natural Blaster
Primary Power Set: Archery
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Snap Shot -- Dmg(A), Dmg(3), Dmg(3)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- Immob(A)
Level 2: Aimed Shot -- Dmg(A), Dmg(5), Dmg(5), RechRdx(7), RechRdx(7), RechRdx(9)
Level 4: Glue Arrow -- Slow(A)
Level 6: Blazing Arrow -- Dmg(A), Dmg(11), Dmg(11), RechRdx(13), RechRdx(13), RechRdx(15)
Level 8: Aim -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(23), RechRdx(23)
Level 10: Hover -- DefBuff(A), DefBuff(15), DefBuff(17)
Level 12: Explosive Arrow -- Dmg(A), Dmg(17), Dmg(19), RechRdx(19), RechRdx(21), RechRdx(21)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight(A)
Level 16: Flash Arrow -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(25), RechRdx(25)
Level 18: Ranged Shot -- Dmg(A), Dmg(27), Dmg(27), RechRdx(29), RechRdx(29), RechRdx(31)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- EndMod(A), EndMod(31), EndMod(31)
Level 22: Stealth -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(33), EndRdx(33), DefBuff(33), DefBuff(34), DefBuff(34)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(34), EndRdx(36), DefBuff(36), DefBuff(36), DefBuff(37)
Level 26: Tactics -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(37), EndRdx(37)
Level 28: Agility -- Flight(A)
Level 30: Upshot -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(39), RechRdx(39)
Level 32: Rain of Arrows -- Dmg(A), Dmg(39), Dmg(40), RechRdx(40), RechRdx(40), RechRdx(42)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(42), EndRdx(42), DefBuff(43), DefBuff(43), DefBuff(43)
Level 38: Gymnastics -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(45), EndRdx(45), DefBuff(45), DefBuff(46), DefBuff(46)
Level 41: Kick -- KBDist(A)
Level 44: Tough -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(46), EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Weave -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(48), EndRdx(48), DefBuff(50), DefBuff(50), DefBuff(50)
Level 49: Afterburner -- Flight(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod(A), EndMod(9)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight(A)
------------

Edited by Rathulfr
Added build.
  • Thanks 1

@Rathstar

6 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Oh, now I understand.  Welcome to the wonderful world of blasters!  😁

LOL.   My understanding of blasters are two general and broad ideas.   

1. You want some defense/resists so you can keep blasting even if under attack and not insta die. 
  2. You want enough endurance so you can keep blasting.   
  3. and i guess the 3rd would be.  Keep blasting.

I always hear about the whole Knockback thing with Energy Blast.  So that has always made me shy away from Energy.

- edit-  Have you posted your A/TA build anywhere?     I think this Energy/Time blaster and a  A/TA blaster are combinations in which i could come up with a character concept  - ahh i see you posted it   Thanks!!

Edited by SmalltalkJava

4 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

LOL.   My understanding of blasters are two general and broad ideas.   

1. You want some defense/resists so you can keep blasting even if under attack and not insta die. 
  2. You want enough endurance so you can keep blasting.   
  3. and i guess the 3rd would be.  Keep blasting.

I always hear about the whole Knockback thing with Energy Blast.  So that has always made me shy away from Energy.

My priorities are:

1. Keep blasting, always.
  2. Feed the Blue Bar, always.
  3. Prioritize ranged defense over anything else: the other positions/types will come along for the ride.
  4. Get used to mezzes and the taste of warehouse floor: you'll never be rid of them. (LOL)

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

4 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Get used to mezzes and the taste of warehouse floor: you'll never be rid of them. (LOL)

Yes,  I know that for sure! my main is a Beast/Nature MM that plays in melee range using Entangling Aura to hold mobs to make up for my non-capped defenses.   It's the mezzes that usually get me.  It detoggles my hold

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Don't let the turkeys get you down.  Knockback is the Energy Blaster's damage mitigation mechanism: EMBRACE THE KB!  However, I have learned the following tips and tricks for being a "responsible" KB King:

• Hover is your friend: get above your targets and knock DOWN, not back.  If you're above them, your KB will knock them to the floor.
  • Check your targets: are they being used as debuff anchors?  If so, skip over that one, and choose a different target.  Is your tank working on that target?  If so, skip that one, too.
  • Check your geometry for backstops: if you can't KB down, can you KB into a wall or corner instead?
  • Single-target KB is fine: but know that if you knock 'em back, you're committed to knocking them out.  Don't start what you can't finish alone.
  • AoE KB is a headache for everyone else on the team.  Slot the Overwhelming Force or Sudden Acceleration KB-to-KD conversion procs into your AoEs a.s.a.p.  I put the OF set in Explosive Blast and the SA proc in the 6th slot of Nova (I don't take Energy Torrent, because I hate it).

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

2 hours ago, TungstenShark said:

How do you slot the four non-arrow powers in TA (Upshot, Agility, Eagle Eye and Gymnastics) for your endgame 50+3 build?

TBH, I haven't played my ATA Blaster in weeks, since I started playing my EBTM.

I'd probably slot it the same as Chronos, Temporal Healing, and any of the other defense powers.  Upshot might have gotten 2 or 3 recharges, Agility stayed single-slotted (it can't take any IO sets), Eagle Eye got Numina's 6-slotted for its bonuses, and Gymnastics got either LotG, Reactive Defenses, or Red Fortune.

@Rathstar

Ok, I changed my build a little to get back the 5% I lost when I dropped Stealth/Invisibility for Hasten/Super Speed.  It ends up being a cheaper build, as I swap out the purple Hold set for a yellow Hold set, and a pricey orange Defense set with the scaling resistance proc (which isn't worth the slot, in my case).  Both of these sets offer ranged defense bonuses to pick up the slack and push me back over cap.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3

Rathstar: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 1: Time Wall -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A)
Level 2: Power Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 4: Time Stop -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(11), Lck-Rchg/Hold(13), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(13), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(15), Lck-%Hold(48)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(19)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(21), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(21), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(23), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(23), ExcCnt-Stun%(25)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), Ksm-ToHit+(29)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 18: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal(36), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(36)
Level 22: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(39), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Chronos -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Nova -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 38: Time Lord -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ImpSki-Status(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 41: Time Shift -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(48), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(48), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(50), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50), CldSns-%Dam(50)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), Prv-Absorb%(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(11)
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally 
------------

Edited by Rathulfr
Tweaked build

@Rathstar

32 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Your rotation includes a power with no slots in it though.  Enough Haste removes that.

The purpose of that power in my rotation is to trigger the Force Feedback proc, which has a 33% chance to trigger 100% recharge for 5 seconds.  That's why I didn't have Hasten in my original build in the first place: the proc removed the need for it (as I indicated in my previous replies).  The net result is the same, either way: 5 sec vs 6 sec, with no appreciable difference in damage output.  We've come full circle on this now.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

My suggestion would be Assault Rifle/Devices.

You get three single target and three AOE attacks. The snipe, according to  Mids, one of the strongest in the game.

Three damage types lethal/smashing/fire.

Stealth, def, hp, and endurance recovery in one power.

Another power with a first hit damage bonus, +tohit, and perception buff with resistance. If you have been blinded by Archanos you will understand why this is useful.

Lite crowd control with caltrops, web grenade, beanbag, and taser.

And a pet.

Downsides, several attacks have KB, using the KB->KD IO is mandatory.

Lack of any serious debuffing.

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:

The purpose of that power in my rotation is to trigger the Force Feedback proc, which has a 33% chance to trigger 100% recharge for 5 seconds.  That's why I didn't have Hasten in my original build in the first place: the proc removed the need for it (as I indicated in my previous replies).  The net result is the same, either way: 5 sec vs 6 sec, with no appreciable difference in damage output.  We've come full circle on this now.

Force feedback on a power that recharges that fast is barely ever on.  I have it in storm kick and it’s active maybe every four minutes.