Where to put ATO procs?

Sura

Hello!  I'm working on my Ice/Elec tanker, and I'm wondering about the ATO procs.  Where would they be best slotted for me?  Right now I don't have the resources for whole sets, but it seems like the procs would be good to have.

In my secondary I have everything except Jacob's Ladder.  It looks to me like I would have to put them in Charged Brawl, Havoc Punch, Thunder Strike, or Lighting Rod.  Would it be better to put them both in one of those powers?  Did I miss any possibilities?

Thanks!

Been a long time since I've played an Ice tanker?  Can they be slotted in Icicles or Chilling Embrace?  That is the obvious place to put procs - if the powers will take them. 

Otherwise, they belong in your quickest recharging AoEs: Thunder Strike or Lightning Clap, Jacob's Ladder if you had it. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I would put Might of the Tanker in Icicles. It triggers easily and lasts a long time, so that should be a guaranteed doublestack without any action on your part as long as you have at least one enemy in range. With the Superior version, that's +13% res to all.

Gauntleted Fist has a much lower chance to proc, so I'd stick it in a long recharge ST attack personally (as to have it against a tough target like an AV, where you're likely to need it). /elec doesn't really have that, so I'm inclined to follow what Heraclea says. Thunder Strike might be a good spot for it, given that the AoE radius is small it shouldn't lower proc chance too much.

Cripes, Icicles never occurred to me.  I have it and use it, so that's where I'll put MotT (I'll have to see if I can get the Superior version).  My current projected build has two slots free for the procs, I just need to manipulate things to get them in the right powers.  

When you respec do slots even really get a level anymore?  If so I'll need to mess around and make sure I've got slots of the appropriate level worked out.

Thanks a bunch to both of you!

I think the slot level question was referring to the number of slots a power is able to have at certain levels of play.  For instance, when you select your level 16 power it only has one slot and at level 17 would have a max of 3 slots.  I have noticed if you do a respec at level 16 you are actually able to 6 slot that power you just selected.  I don’t remember it acting in this way on live, I believe it tracked your level while placing your slots to prevent such shenanigans.  This may have changed in one of the final issues of live and I don’t remember.  

• Thanks 1

Guardian survivor

47 minutes ago, Mr.Sinister said:

I think the slot level question was referring to the number of slots a power is able to have at certain levels of play.  For instance, when you select your level 16 power it only has one slot and at level 17 would have a max of 3 slots.  I have noticed if you do a respec at level 16 you are actually able to 6 slot that power you just selected.  I don’t remember it acting in this way on live, I believe it tracked your level while placing your slots to prevent such shenanigans.  This may have changed in one of the final issues of live and I don’t remember.  

Yep, that was the question.  I respecced last night and as you say, it didn't seem to matter the level of slots.  I also don't remember when this changed, but I'd rather have it this way.  🙂

I remember respeccing back in the day and looking at the powers list when assigning slots and the powers would be kind of grayed out until you reached the level of slots associated with the level you took the power.  That was not the case last night; it didn't seem to track level at all when assigning slots, which was certainly easier.  

10 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

If you can’t pick up the Superior version (or are still below 50), just use a few Catalysts on the regular ones.

Didn't see that til just now.  Thanks a bunch for posting, I had a bunch of Catalysts and was able to Superior the procs right away!

• 1 month later

Hi Tankers

Just wanted to sanity check with the wisdom of the crowd.

I have both ATO sets on my Invuln / Street Justice tanker and am going to do a fine tuning respec soon.

Which powers would be best for the ATO sets?

Thanks, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."