July 2019 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hey everybody!

Here is an update of our current finances, including a log of expenses over the last month and a list of expenses that we expect for July.

Earlier this month our host consolidated all of our bills into one large invoice without warning which resulted in us being charged a lot earlier than we expected to this month and us being put quite far into the negative.

Because of this a large part of this donation window will be used to recoup the negative balance and refill the contingency fund, and we will also be moving our donation windows to be the last Saturday of each month, rather than the first, starting at the end of this month.

As explained last month, we are still working towards becoming a fully charitable non-profit. The next move we need to take to achieve this is to file to open the NPO and file for 501(c)(3) status. We’re still working out some of the details and legalities, but we’re actively working towards it!

Last Month Breakdown
Last month we accepted $7,629.99 in donations after PayPal fees. Here’s a breakdown of where the funds were used (in no particular order):

As detailed in our post last month, we needed to expand a little - so here’s exactly what we got:

• 1 Advance-4 server (CA) for $377.99 (Invoice)
    • Development & Beta servers
    • Datacenter license for Hyper-V flexibility

• 1 Advance-3 server (CA) for $213.99 (Invoice)

• Central services, deployments, backup worker

• Central services, deployments, backup worker

• 1 STOR-2 server (DE) for $188.99 (Invoice)

• Central database for EU and primary in-OVH backup target for all servers.

Here’s a list of other one-off and new expenses from the past month:

• We purchased some additional IP addresses for two of the servers, costing $36.00 in total (Invoice 1, Invoice 2).
  • We purchased Invision Community w/ the IP.Commerce module for the embedded support system, costing $400.00 in total (Invoices). We’re still working on getting the new forums ready!
  • We moved to Atlassian Jira Cloud for task management, costing $10.00. This will be a recurring fee.
  • We started using Google’s G Suite for email, collaboration, and as an additional off-site backup location. The bill for the past month was $51.20.

After adding the cost of licenses, last month’s one-off and new expenses came out to $1,536.97.

As mentioned above our host decided to consolidate our billing without warning, so the bills for our existing infrastructure are a little weird this time around. You’ll see in the invoices that all of the servers charged from June X to the 30th prorata - we did not request this, but our host decided to do it anyway. Here’s a list of servers and their associated invoices from the past month:

This Month
The consolidated billing on the first and fourth left us $1,444.37 in the negative after draining the contingency; this will be added to the total for this donation window.

Here’s a breakdown of all of our recurring expenses and their associated cost, totalling $4,732.60. Note that all of our servers have been upgraded to the 1gpbs vRack option.

We heard gifs were all the rage these days, so here’s a 30 second long gif of our main server invoice totalling $3,678.83.

In case the first one wasn’t enough, here’s another one for the second server invoice totalling $683.34.

On the 7th, we will be billed for our additional IP addresses, totalling $36.00.

On the 10th and 14th, we will be billed for 4 SQL Server 2017 licenses, totalling $257.60.

On the 23rd, we will be billed $10.00 for Atlassian Jira Cloud.

All of that said; in this donation window we will be looking at $1,747.97 for recurring expenses until the last Saturday of the month and to pay back the negative balance, $1,250.00 to refill the contingency, and $964.00 to file for the NPO and 501(c)(3) status ($600 to the IRS (source) and $364.00 to our registered agent to file to open the NPO).

The final total for this donation window is $3,961.97.

As of the time of this post our donations will be open again at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/donate/ and will automatically close as soon as this window’s goal is met.

Thank you again for your continued support. As always we’ll do our best to ensure that this remains a fun and welcoming community for all 🙂

Update: Here's a screenshot of our PayPal transactions from the first of June to the 5th of July.

qbaMXgp.png

And some further information:

Just wanted to provide a screenshot of our PayPal invoices from June through to July 5th (everything between donation windows) to help provide some clarity on what happened with the unexpected early billing. The further-right number on these transactions was our PayPal balance after the transaction completed. The two transactions on July 2nd and July 5th are where we went negative due to the billing change.

I also wanted to take a moment to address the misinformation floating around that we're being investigated or are in trouble with the IRS as I have had a few people message me concerned about us.

This is untrue. We have not been contacted by the IRS or any other authorities, and have been operating everything as above-board as possible. We will continue to do everything we can to ensure that we are in full compliance with the IRS as well as state and federal authorities.

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Saw the admin post on the server.  Immediately copypasted.  Put in credit card info.  Had to put it in again, typed wrong.  Barely got in under the wire.  Looks like 9Min or less.  Good job.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Proof positive that this community, and this game are as eternal as the Incarnates!  I missed the window, because I chose that 30 minutes to jump in the shower, and before I got back to the forums, it was already over.  I regret the timing, and my inability to contribute once again, but I am uplifted by the continuing exuberance, and enthusiasm for this game! 

I guarantee I will be around for the next window of opportunity, and for any that follow!

What was no more, is REBORN!

In my window of being awake but still missed. The wifelet and I will get in on the donations one day :)

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Out of curiosity - any official time for how long it was open?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Thanks -- wow I got lucky. I am not usually up that early.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **