Thursday Night Rikti Mothership Raids

Apparition

Now that the Rikti War Zone zone player cap has been fixed, it's time to give this a go again.

I will hold two weekly back-to-back Rikti mothership raids every Thursday evening (with the exception of holidays), at 8:30 P.M. ET/5:30 P.M. PT, starting this Thursday, September 12th.  We will meet in Pocket D.  You must be level 35+ and have the Member of Vanguard badge to participate. 

When the Rikti mothership raid begins, we will start with Pylon 11, going in a roughly clockwise formation.  When Pylon 1 is destroyed and the Rikti mothership's shield drops, we will stay at the Pylon 1 location and buff up.  Once buffed up, one or two people from every team will plant a bomb on the mothership, and everyone else will head directly to the bowl.  Once the Rikti mothership raid is over, we'll begin the Rikti dropship hunt.  Once the dropship is destroyed, we'll give a five minute rest period for everyone to do what they need to do, then queue up again.

Hope to see y'all there.

Edited by Apparition
Changes for the new instanced trial version.
  • Like 4

We had two successful Rikti mothership raids this evening, both with full leagues.  Personally, I netted 3,389 Vanguard merits between the two, which is more than any other two back-to-back Rikti mothership raids I've been on since Homecoming started!  Zone cap be darned.

A huge thanks to everyone that came!  I hope to see y'all next week.

• Like 1

Just FYI - There's a new instance version of the Rikti mothership raid available on the beta server.  You can read more about it here.

The new Rikti mothership raid trial requires testing.  So, I will hold a Rikti mothership raid trial on the Pineapple beta server tomorrow, Sunday, September 15th, at 7 P.M. ET/4 P.M. PT.  If you have a character on the beta server or are willing to make one, you are more than welcome to attend.  We will form up in Pocket D.

It took me about a hour last night to make a new character, level it to level 50, acquire and slot enhancements, acquire and slot enhancement boosters and catalysts, and acquire Incarnate powers.  If you choose to make a character for this test, I strongly recommend using this tool.

Hope to see some of you there.  If not, I will see you on Thursday!

Now that the instanced Rikti mothership raid trial is available, we will form up our weekly Thursday night Rikti mothership raids in Pocket D.  You must be level 35+ with the Member of Vanguard badge to join.

Hope to see y'all in Pocket D Thursday evening!

Thanks App!  I thought that went well other than the badge thing.  I felt like the instance had much better performance.  And that was by FAR the smoothest bomb setting I've ever seen.

Competing with ToT is difficult right now.  🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sura said:

Thanks App!  I thought that went well other than the badge thing.  I felt like the instance had much better performance.  And that was by FAR the smoothest bomb setting I've ever seen.

Competing with ToT is difficult right now.  🙂

Thank you for coming!  Yeah.  Now that I know what happens when someone in the league doesn't have the Member of Vanguard badge, I know what to look out for.  The instance indeed felt smoother.

Indeed.  Competition from the Halloween events and Hamidon raids made a second mothership raid last night impossible, but there's always next week. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

So, is there a place for a guy who hasn't done this raid in seven years and really doesn't remember/know what to do or how to do it?

Certainly!  All you need is a level 35+ character with the Member of Vanguard badge.  We meet up in Pocket D, and I normally start forming the league about fifteen minutes ahead of time.  You are more than welcome. 

• Like 1

Just FYI, I'm only going to lead one MSR trial run for the next three weeks.  The league has been absolutely falling apart after the first MSR trial run the past two weeks to the point that there's only ten or so people left and I have been unable to recruit more than a handful of additional people.  I suspect that it's a combination of the Halloween event and competition from the nightly Hamidon raids.  So for the remainder of the month, there will only be one MSR trial run.

Hope to see y'all in Pocket D tomorrow night at 8:30 P.M. ET/5:30 P.M. PT!

Last night, you announced you were forming up, and I was near the end of Dr. Q. 
I figured there was only 10-15 minutes left, and tried to lfg "join events in progress" and nothing happened after 7 minutes, so I just figured you guys were already done, or lfg just didn't want to work. 

The hami raid is also suffering from a lack of attendance, so my guess is it's the halloween thing.

9 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Last night, you announced you were forming up, and I was near the end of Dr. Q. 
I figured there was only 10-15 minutes left, and tried to lfg "join events in progress" and nothing happened after 7 minutes, so I just figured you guys were already done, or lfg just didn't want to work. 

The hami raid is also suffering from a lack of attendance, so my guess is it's the halloween thing.

Unfortunately, Leandro said a month ago or so that the "Join Events in Progress" under the LFG tab is broken, and as far as he and the Homecoming team are able to determine it never worked even prior to sunset.  The only way for someone to get into an instanced trial after it starts is for the league leader to directly invite the person to the league.  At least there is a way.

Yeah.  It's a combination of things, with the Halloween event being a big one.  We struggled to get enough people to start the MSR trial last night, and wound up queuing with seventeen people.  That was after five people left the league to go do other things because they were tired of waiting for it to start.  It is what it is.