Freebies Popmenu - Give yourself levels, inf, and enhancements

What's this?

To make building your characters easier, I am sharing a popmenu that I made for the beta server. It's simple to install, easy to use, and powerful. You can add/set your character's inf, set their level, and give them enhancements.

How to install

Download freebies.mnu ver 20190824.01

Above is a file freebies.mnu. This .mnu file needs to go in your game's directory, in .\data\texts\English\menus\ .

For example: If your game is installed at C:\CoH\ then the menu needs to reside at C:\CoH\data\texts\English\menus\freebies.mnu.

Note: If you do not have a data directory in your CoH folder, you need to create the folder structure (e.g. right-click, new folder).

pi2CQzj.png

After it's there, restart your game (if it's launched) and either make a macro:

/macro free "popmenu freebies"
/macro free "popmenu freebiesc"

Or call the command manually:
/popmenu freebies
/popmenu freebiesc

Using "popmenu freebies" the menus are nested, which lets you see more things at once.

Using "popmenu freebiesc" provides vertically stacked menus, better for smaller displays.

Change Log

• Implemented "freebiesc", a more compact popmenu for smaller displays - use `/popmenu freebiesc` to see it
    • Adjusted logic for attuned enhancements
    • Removed crashy level -1 enhancements
    • Corrected typo Sudden Acceleration (was Sudden_Accelaration)
    • Added custom solution for Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
    • Added quantity option for 10
    • Corrected Hami/Hydra/Titan Origin
    • Removed Archetype IO levels, as they're attuned
    • Changed Basic IO "Recovery" to "Endurance Modification"
    • Added quantities (1, 3, 5)
    • Added PvP level IOs
      • 25 for Bloody Bay (min 15, players are 25)
      • 30 for Siren's Call (min 20, players are 30)
      • 40 for Warburg (min 30, players are 38)

• Fixed references to internal typos
      • Cacophony (is Cacaphany)
      • Debilitative Action (is Debiliative_Action)
      • Numina's Convalescence (is Numinas_Convalesence)
    • Fixed typos of my own
      • Ascendency of the Dominator (was Ascendancy_of_the_Dominator)
      • Stalker's Guile (was Stalkers_Guide)
      • Sudden Acceleration (was Sudden_Accelaration)
      • Undermined Defenses (was Undermmined_Defenses)
    • Fixed texts for AT IOs for heroes
    • Added basic IOs
    • Added Hamidon, Hydra, and Titan origin enhancements
    • Removed duplicate entry for Cleaving Blow set
    • Initial release

To Do

• Add more stuff, if the admins give us more commands!
  • Other suggestions?

Screenshots

ICE5QHX.pngfOPY1KV.png3j4ExyN.pngOEyLCXu.pngcJyeW1w.pngQThRLSL.pngbQS2Vri.pngbIjZhdl.png98nBQdJ.png

Edited by NobleKangaroo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 11

Great add on.

A very minor point, relative path names begin with a dot.  So it should be .\data\texts\English\menus (for Microsoft, forward slashes for everyone else).

On another note... it's hard to believe the "cacophony" and "convalescence" typos are still in there after all this time.

A very minor point, relative path names begin with a dot.  So it should be .\data\texts\English\menus (for Microsoft, forward slashes for everyone else).

Yeah, that's true. I added a preceding dot for clarity just in case it helps even one person.

it's hard to believe the "cacophony" and "convalescence" typos are still in there after all this time.

I think at the time of adding it to the game, it became easier to just leave it as is. Even looking at the code to get the "wrong" (right??) names, I saw several references to each.

Yeah, that's true. I added a preceding dot for clarity just in case it helps even one person.

As a programmer, I see the missing dot and my mind says "bug".  :D

This is great, now being a jerk hacker and dupin rares is simples!

Gone to the Americans!

• Like 1

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

Brilliant!

Winter's Gift is missing from the event IOs. (Winters_Gift 50).

Thanks, it's not in the Merit Vendor so it got missed. Good eye!

I think the basic Endurance Modifcation IO is also missing from the list.

It's listed as "Recovery" but I'll rename it to "Endurance Modification" in the next version as it's more representative.

This is great, now being a jerk hacker and dupin rares is simples!

Gone to the Americans!

Step 1: Popmenu

Step 2: Jerk Hack

Step 3: ??

Step 4: Profit

I can't seem to get this to work.

I had a problem at first too but the issue was I have 2 installations of the game.

I originally installed it to My Documents/My Games/

and the executable and my bind files and wdw.txt and all the stuff that the game runs on are dumped right there. Meanwhile I have folders for other games and an extra folder that says /coh. That /coh folder is a 2nd copy and not the one I'm running. When I put the data folder in there, it didn't work. When I moved it to the higher level it worked fine.

Ugh, that folder is a mess I sorta think I may need to do some manual cleanup there.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

After creating the correct folders in my coh directory and restarting the game, I still can't seem to get this to work. I should mention that I am not tech savvy and could have made a simple mistake somewhere.

Project Manager, Haphazard Projects

Founder of the L.A.U.G.H. SG

"If you don't laugh at yourself, someone else will laugh at you first!"

Added PvP levels (25, 30, 40), quantities (1, 3, 5), and the ability to only get a single enhancement, versus the whole set.

If you have any issues, please let me know. I wrote a script to generate the entire popmenu, so it's a LOT easier to make changes now.

Thanks,

NobleKangaroo

After creating the correct folders in my coh directory and restarting the game, I still can't seem to get this to work. I should mention that I am not tech savvy and could have made a simple mistake somewhere.

Here's an example of where it needs to go.

pi2CQzj.png

I'll add this to the original post too for others.

When trying to get regular (non-set) IOs from the popmenu, getting error "Enhancement set does not exist". Happens for all of them, regardless of quantity. Set IOs work just fine.

Edit: Looks like they all have "_A" at the end of the IO names that shouldn't be there. For example, the game is saying that "Crafted_Recovery_A" doesn't exist in the chat log, but the correct syntax when creating one is "Crafted_Recovery".

Edit 2: The set "Annihilation" (Targeted AoE Damage) is missing.

When trying to get regular (non-set) IOs from the popmenu, getting error "Enhancement set does not exist". Happens for all of them, regardless of quantity. Set IOs work just fine.

Edit: Looks like they all have "_A" at the end of the IO names that shouldn't be there. For example, the game is saying that "Crafted_Recovery_A" doesn't exist in the chat log, but the correct syntax when creating one is "Crafted_Recovery".

Edit 2: The set "Annihilation" (Targeted AoE Damage) is missing.

Thank you very much. This weekend I wrote a Python script to generate the popmenu and the "_A" was a typo on my part. Annihilation is missing from the Enhancement Sets page of ParagonWiki. Both reported issues have been fixed. Check the original post for the fixed menu file. Thanks so much for your help making the menu awesome!

I used the menu for the first time a few days ago; very nice!

My only suggestion/question would be about adding a third view style that's sorted by Enhancement Type (e.g. group all the Melee Damage together, Ranged Damage, etc.) rather than alphabetically. Is that a doable thing?

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Hm. I'm clearly missing something. I downloaded and installed the menu, no problem.  It pops up when I ask it to... great.  I select some things... but... nothing happens.  :(

"Face the impossible... and make it your bitch."

~ Dynamistress

www.dynamistress.com

Hm. I'm clearly missing something. I downloaded and installed the menu, no problem.  It pops up when I ask it to... great.  I select some things... but... nothing happens.  :(

What are you selecting? I tested them just now to make sure nothing is broken and don't have any issues myself. There should be a message in your System tab when you receive the enhancement (or if there's a bug with it). Could you check that for me please?