Question Re: Debuffs!

natewest1987

Was looking for information on this and was a little confused by what I found.   Does anyone know if resistance debuffs from the same character stack ?   For instance - if a sonic defender uses two abilities that both debuff resistance by 15%, does it just re-apply that buff, or does it add on itself to make 30%?

Similarly, will the debuffs from annihilation -res and achiles heel -res stack ?   What about powers of the same set that apply different levels of -res debuff? Do those powers add on eachother, overwrite another, or x?

Thanks for any insight!

Buffs or debuffs from different powers or different players always stack. Some buffs or debuffs are flagged to not stack from the same player, like Force Field bubble, but Sonic Blast attacks and most support-set debuff powers do stack though. Unfortunately, power info does not display the "does not stack from same caster" flag, so it's hard to tell which powers will or will not stack with themselves except by direct testing or looking through City of Data.

As an additional wrinkle, a few debuffs (mainly Tanker Bruising, the Achilles' Heel proc, and Interface procs) do a weird thing: rather than actually applying a debuff, they grant the target a short-duration temporary power, which is an auto power that reduces resistance. This means they don't stack even from different players, because you can't have that same temporary power twice. On the other hand, it means these debuffs are not reduced by the purple patch, because it's the target debuffing themselves, so the level difference is 0.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hopeling said:

This means they don't stack even from different players, because you can't have that same temporary power twice. On the other hand, it means these debuffs are not reduced by the purple patch, because it's the target debuffing themselves, so the level difference is 0.

This might not be true. I've done some testing and have observed the Achilles debuff as changing based on the level of target. I need to grab the link, but someone posted a screenshot that shows otherwise in the Blaster forum (page 1).

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I’m at work so I can’t dig in to deep, but...

This url has some info on resist debuffing

And how resists actually resist, resist debuffs 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Resistance_(Mechanics)

This one has some proc info 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Set_Enhancements_with_Special_Effects

This one has damage scaling based on combat level of the mob

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Invention_Origin_Enhancement_Proc_Damage_Scaling

My initial thought is that mobs combat level and its actual resists, May impact the amount debuffed.   

As to actual stacking I can’t say. 

Back to work for me