Bio armor skippable powers

DarknessEternal

None, they are all very good. But if I absolutely had to choose, it would be the last one, Parasitic Aura, because it's the one I find myself pressing the least. Especially so once you get Incarnates. But it's still pretty good in the end as an "oh crap" button and I wouldn't skip it.

Edited by Seigmoraig

27 minutes ago, Shoulung said:

Everything after T1, because you can slot pool powers after that. I tend to slot most the powers in my primary and secondary sets though, as I want the flavor of that particular build.

All the powers are skippable because you can get tough, weave and maneuvers ? You must really like to play on -1/0 and get CCed every 3 seconds....

Edited by Seigmoraig

12 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

All the powers are skippable because you can get tough, weave and maneuvers ? You must really like to play on -1/0 and get CCed every 3 seconds....

Just a bit of a troll answer.

On a Brute/scrapper almost none can skipped. At most I'd probably say Parasitic Aura since it's a panic button and depending on what content you do you might never find use for it. For regular farming there is almost no need, and I would almost say for regular teaming the same. Extreme soloing might bring it more to fore, but respecs are cheap so pick it and see if you remembered to use it. If ten missions later it never got used then consider swapping for something else.

The other would be Evolving Armor. The damage resistance and the +damage taken are such itty bitty numbers I doubt they really are perceptible.

IMO that's about it though. But outside of a vacuum both those powers allow to slot more sets which makes incorporating them into the build more tempting despite their situational use.

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

The other would be Evolving Armor. The damage resistance and the +damage taken are such itty bitty numbers I doubt they really are perceptible.

The damage resistance of this power scales the more targets are around you so it becomes sizable when you are in the fray. Also do not forget that these powers give additional benefits when you are in one of your forms. In Offensive Form, the one i'm in 95% of the time, it also gives a bonus to recharge and recharge per target.
But like you said, the only real skippable power is Parasitic Aura

36 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

The damage resistance of this power scales the more targets are around you so it becomes sizable when you are in the fray. Also do not forget that these powers give additional benefits when you are in one of your forms. In Offensive Form, the one i'm in 95% of the time, it also gives a bonus to recharge and recharge per target.
But like you said, the only real skippable power is Parasitic Aura

Yes. According to HD if surrounded by 10 mobs we get a total of 4.5% to all resistances. That's total, not per mob. I'm not going to spit on 4.5% but it takes being surrounded by ten mobs to get it. According to the info in-game being in Offensive gives it a damage resistance debuff (so we do more damage to enemies) and not recharge.

Since HD doesn't show this since it does not show the Adaptation effects I don't know how much it increases, but according to HD, without the Offensive bonus, it's something like ... well, it's hard to tell. the tooltip says 7.5% extra damage we deal to those around us, but the numbers in Effects say something like 4.2% for L/S and 1.25% for fire, cold, energy, etc.

Edited by Sovera

5 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Yes. According to HD if surrounded by 10 mobs we get a total of 4.5% to all resistances. That's total, not per mob. I'm not going to spit on 4.5% but it takes being surrounded by ten mobs to get it. According to the info in-game being in Offensive gives it a damage resistance debuff (so we do more damage to enemies) and not recharge.

Since HD doesn't show this since it does not show the Adaptation effects I don't know how much it increases, but according to HD, without the Offensive bonus, it's something like ... well, it's hard to tell. the tooltip says 7.5% extra damage we deal to those around us, but the numbers in Effects say something like 4.2% for L/S and 1.25% for fire, cold, energy, etc.

Still though, skipping defensive toggles is generally never a good idea. I would need to check it out in game because I am at work, but you are right finding precise info is kind of a pain.

I got the recharge info from one of the wikis.
" When faced with danger, your Bio Armor reacts by becoming incredibly durable as well as infecting nearby enemies, lowering their resistance to damage. While active, Evolving Armor will grant you small amount of damage resistance, plus an additional amount for each nearby target. Nearby foes will also be taunted and have their damage resistance reduced. While no Adaptations are active, this power grants a moderate bonus to Regeneration and Recovery plus a tiny amount of both for each nearby foe up to 10 foes. While Defensive Adaptation is active you gain a very minor amount of defense and damage resistance for each nearby foe. If Offensive Adaptation is active you'll gain a moderate recharge bonus, plus a tiny recharge bonus for each nearby foe up to 10 foes, as well as empowering Evolving Armor's resistance debuff moderately. These special bonuses are unenhanceable. Recharge: Slow "

Edited by Seigmoraig

14 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Still though, skipping defensive toggles is generally never a good idea. I would need to check it out in game because I am at work, but you are right finding precise info is kind of a pain. I got the recharge info from one of the wikis.

Alright, done and tested.  All in Offense adaptation. I only have Evolving Armor slotted with one 38 Res/End IO.

- A 7.5% damage resistance debuff to all types of damage (so we are increasing the team's damage, w00t!) Unaffected by the number of enemies in range.

- With about ten mobs, give or take some, 34% resistance to S/L went to 44% (so no relation to what HD says). But for Fire/Cold/Energy etc I went from -1% to 6%. With one enemy it was 5% S/L, and 3.25% Energy etc.

So, yeah, definitely more than HD says. Listen to Seig, Darkness!

• Thanks 1

The last one for end-game builds I make, Parasitic Aura can be too much to really whittle down to a decent recharge and so I often skip it as it only benefits me half the time if I would've taken it (usually)...

Other than that, I wouldn't imagine skipping any of the other ones.