Remove or drastically reduce the endurance cost from travel powers.

Neogumbercules

New proposal!

Add "free" Slots to Travel Powers.

I have /no/ idea what would be involved in that, but a little part of me thinks that it's not quite that simple.  

On the one hand, we have a mechanic which can give new Powers automatically upon level up, or when you get one Power it grants another Power . . . so what if Travel Powers came Pre-Slot'd?  Would that resolve some of the concerns some of you have?  Are the Travel IO Sets really /that/ powerful that just giving the Slots for free would be detrimental to what little semblance of "balance" exists?

17 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

New proposal!

I have /no/ idea what would be involved in that, but a little part of me thinks that it's not quite that simple.  

On the one hand, we have a mechanic which can give new Powers automatically upon level up, or when you get one Power it grants another Power . . . so what if Travel Powers came Pre-Slot'd?  Would that resolve some of the concerns some of you have?  Are the Travel IO Sets really /that/ powerful that just giving the Slots for free would be detrimental to what little semblance of "balance" exists?

Or... if you want to keep your travel power on all the time, you must choose to devote slots to said power, then slot things like end redux, to compensate...  It's an opportunity cost you must pay, in order to benefit from the convenience.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

New proposal!

I feel like if that were to happen then there is a decent chance they wouldn't be able to slot sets at all, and that's not something I would like. I use the +Stealth IO in Super Speed on every non melee character I make.

I already said it in this thread, but... I just don't see why this is an issue. Keybinds make cycling travel powers on and off trivial at worst, and Hurdle + CJ is indisputably the best in-combat movement you can get and requires virtually no endurance to use. Honestly, outside of RP reasons there really isn't a reason to not take SS/CJ on everything especially with the availability of all-you-can-eat jetpacks at the P2W vendors.

• Like 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Just now, ShardWarrior said:

Not all enemy NPCs are melee.

Not all. Just the vast majority.

And even 'ranged centric' NPCs typically have a few really vicious melee attacks because otherwise they wouldn't hug the Tanker even with a taunt. 

Nemesis probably has the most 'Almost entirely Ranged' units and even they run in to stab you with their bayonets before standing gormlessly 3ft away, sticking their gun-barrel through your torso, and lining up shots for .75 seconds before pulling the trigger.

I wish the AI had better 'escape from melee' functions but the game would become nearly unplayable to the people whose idea of tanking is "Taunt everything then PBAoE 'til it's all dead"

29 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

And even 'ranged centric' NPCs typically have a few really vicious melee attacks because otherwise they wouldn't hug the Tanker even with a taunt. 

Yup.  NPCs with holds/stuns/immobs don't really need to be in melee range either.  Flight isn't the "combat immunity" that some make it out to be.  Not saying this is what you were suggesting.

Just now, ShardWarrior said:

Yup.  NPCs with holds/stuns/immobs don't really need to be in melee range either.  Flight isn't the "combat immunity" that some make it out to be.  Not saying this is what you were suggesting.

Oh! No! Not immunity. Every NPC in the game has at least 1 ranged attack and a lot of control effects are also ranged, no doubt!

Just some absolute damage mitigation vis a vis Melee attacks. Unless you fly too low. Or the enemy (ARACHNOS) has -fly effects.