Build Up Slotting

Leogunner

I would never slot more than the initial slot with the gaus proc. You really need the slots on attacks and elsewhere to get to the defense caps or squeeze out more global recharge reduction.

And it 'feels' like the Assassins Mark proc happens quite often, so i feel no need for a better recharge.

But YMMV, like allways.

I would definitely put one slot towards Recharge in Build Up after the Gaussian proc, rather than dedicate it to global recharge. Build is like, THE main thing you'd want the global recharge for, nothing else in a Stalker's kit has such a long recharge, and the 53% recharge from a 50+5 recharge is way more than you could get from a set bonus.

50 minutes ago, Vanden said:

... nothing else in a Stalker's kit has such a long recharge,....

Lightning rod, Shield charge, energize, instant healing and various other powers. With 170% and more recharge you have the cooldown so low on Build Up that you are speaking about one or two seconds faster recharge. And sloting a 50+5 is not going to have such an impact on the build like getting another important set bonus elsewhere.

But as i said it is just my opinion.

It all gravitates around build investment.

I don't have many characters that have fully optimized builds, in fact, I'd say I only have 2 with one being complete and another a WIP.  Most of my characters aren't even max level because max level is boring and unchallenging.

Someone said don't put slots at all, and I'm sure that's very beneficial for his build with kitted out recharge bonuses, but not for someone who just wants to get some use out of an IO proc.  That being said, I probably will drop the slotting for BU and just the the BU refresh proc for a certain build, but for leveling, it's likely going to be a staple to have Gaussian's proc + 1-2 slots for rech for my leveling stalkers/scrappers. 

3 hours ago, Redlynne said:

So you DON'T use 6 slotting Gaussian's to help you get to the Defense caps?

Eh, only for positional defense sets.

I wouldn't say that Build Up is the #1 reason to want global recharge, nor even especially close to it. And like @Croax, for me it seems to recharge through Assassin's Mark faster than any amount of slotting would give. But that might depend on the number of AoE attacks you have, since it feels like AM gets a separate proc chance for each hit.