Auto-fire buffs?

dmaker

I was thinking it might be nice if we could select more than one power to autofire, but only if that power is a  buff. Specifically, in my case, it would be convenient if I could put Barrier/Rebirth/Ageless, Assault, Focus Chi, those kinds of things on autofire. Then I can just focus on my attack chain. 

I don't perceive any balance issues with this. They are not attack powers. I could be wrong, just a simple suggestion.  

• Like 3

I'm actually ok with this. But, the number should be limited to less than five powers, and they should all be powers that ONLY effect the user. I know this kneecaps Incarnates, but we don't want to build scripting for botting. You might think it sounds like a mild issue at best, but I came to Live in i6 from Ragnarok Online, where the bots ran wild. The mods couldn't act fast enough, and it got even worse when the game went F2P. It was up to the userbase to deal with them.

Edited by ChocolateMercenary

1 hour ago, ChocolateMercenary said:

I'm actually ok with this. But, the number should be limited to less than five powers, and they should all be powers that ONLY effect the user. I know this kneecaps Incarnates, but we don't want to build scripting for botting. You might think it sounds like a mild issue at best, but I came to Live in i6 from Ragnarok Online, where the bots ran wild. The mods couldn't act fast enough, and it got even worse when the game went F2P. It was up to the userbase to deal with them.

People that want to bot already have ways of doing it (that are against the code of conduct, mind you). Making multiple powers autofire isn't going to cause botting, and you can already do clever things with binds/macros to make an effectively infinite number of powers autofire anyways.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

You can get creative with binds to effectively have rotating autopowers if you throw in a commonly used button ( like tab or run forward)

So everytime you run forward you trigger hasten if its up. 

Everytime you click Tab you trigger rage if its up,

Etc

Edited by Haijinx

I'm also in the camp for having more than just 1 auto application. 3-5 would be much more preferable. Some builds just have multiple things you'd like to have on Auto, plain and simple.

Or we just make it so you can't put any attacks on Auto and allow us to auto everything else if we like.

Edited by Cooltastic

I don't see an issue with having it, you can already do it with fancy binds. And it doesn't do anything to prevent botters. Maybe with the state of the game code it's harder to do than we suppose... it wouldn't be the first thing we were told wouldn't be done for one reason only to find out later that the code was too much of a mess to understand...