Is there some kind of superpowered outside heroes (and villains)

ZeeHero

For instance if someone is super strong or can control earth, say theyre just as squishy as a normal person and are afraid to become a hero but want to help people or make a living with their powers, they really could be useful to a construction company...

Yes - Companies would probably hire less "Super-Powered" individuals then our heroes/villains/rogues (HVR).

If they had a chance to hire someone for $20 an hour that could move dirt with a thought or pay 250k for a bulldozer most business owners would go with the person. Brings new meaning to the question "What type of special Skills do you have".

So in a "Super-Power" rich environment I am sure there are regular smucks with powers working for the man on a 9-5 job.

There is this notion of "required secondary powers", where characters typically have all the other aspects necessary to use their powers safely, (such as a superspeeder having ligaments and tendons that can withstand the additional forces), but what if your character didn't?  As to your example of the person who can control earth, but is otherwise as vulnerable as a regular person - there are a few ways to go about it;  You could RP that a sufficient motivation arose in their life, for them to put themselves in harm's way, (maybe a loved one was kidnapped or murdered, maybe there was some other villain-caused disaster that spurred them to action, etc).  Another approach is to impose a "hardcore mode" limitation on yourself - play the character conservatively, but if they die, you delete them.  I mean, regardless, I'm sure someone who can control the earth would be really helpful in rescue operations or construction...

Edited by biostem

This is actually discussed a bit in My Hero Academia. One of the coolest things about that show is the everyday use of superpowers. Like the main character's mother using her weak telekinesis as basically a third arm. And there's one girl who can make things weightless who wanted to help her parents' construction company, but they insisted she go to school.

• Like 1

An Earth/Nature controller would make for a pretty epic one-person landscaping company.

I have an Elec/Storm Corrupter whose main job is being a guest commentator on magic-related matters for news programs. He's fussy, self-interested, and secretly insecure due to comparisons between himself and his prominent Midnighter-affiliated family.

• Like 2