Mad geniuses of the forum: Necromancy secondary insights?

ParaBruce

On 10/1/2019 at 4:57 PM, biostem said:

She's currently level 38.  It's not a bad set, but there are definitely some stinkers in there.  Acid arrow is defintiely my mainstay power.  Ice arrow, once fully slotted, is quite useful.  I haven't been able to fully slot up EMP arrow, but I imagine it'll be pretty good once I do.  Flash arrow is also quite useful;  It allows my zombies and grave knights to get really close without the enemy noticing.  I have to use my origin power (taser) to ignite oil slick arrow, but sometimes I prefer to leave it unignited to enemies just keep slipping on it.  Disruption arrow stacks nicely with acid arrow for even more -res.  I'm using entangling arrow as a mule for a few set IOs, (the set that also causes immobilizes to have a chance to deal lethal damage, and it also gives all my powers +9% acc).  I'm debating slotting flash arrow for more -tohit, but it seems like a rather low amount that it applies - though the set does kind of lack ways to keep your pets alive, (though that is somewhat mitigated as your pets get drain life with the level 32 upgrade)...

Don't forget your PGA. it's a large area (way bigger than the animation) -31% Dam patch. With good recharge you can easily perma it and it does well for keeping pets alive and the sleep is very fast ticking so that helps make it a staple power in TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

Wired choice but here it goes

Sonic

Why>?

Green shield gives a goolish glow to Necromancer pets

Is it the best I would say dark is the best fit had it on live but Sonic is not weak and fully spec should make a very  good tankermind, but for now I am in the lvl process and it is in the middle but with a fun factor of 10. Just a suggestion those Sonic shields really make the Necro pets pop!

Very team friendly to except for the sound effect on the repel anchor that with KB to KD IO become a moving anchor Ice patch pretty awesome KD if you mute COH, only one team out of 100 ask for it to be turned off  everyone else takes the ear pain for the mitigation it has on your team

Edited by Ironscarlet

On 9/30/2019 at 3:16 PM, Force Redux said:

In my experience, the Necro pets behave well. Zombies and Knights start at range, then move into melee. Lich stays at range. He'll often be behind you as you position near melee to heal and debuff (on my Dark). 

I've heard that the Knights can get range locked into Gloom or whatever, and needed a Go-to prompt, but I've never experienced it.

Having played Bots, Necro, Mercs, and Thugs extensively, my opinion is that Necro pets are the best behaved and predictable of those sets.

Having played a necro now to higher I can second that.  My bot and thug MM's tend to have things running around and things getting more spread out.  Necro tends toward being much more controlled and contained.  The pets seeming to be better behaved is one thing, but also I'd say due to no fire patches to send things running and of course having the lich with its aoe immobilize (tentacles) and an aoe knockDOWN (torrent) controlling things. 

I find playing necro I have to worry less about "keeping an eye" on exactly where all my pets are running and making sure they don't run off into the next group 300 yards down the hall.  If you want a MM to really help keep things wrapped tight and less babysitting, necro is a winner.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ironscarlet said:

Wired choice but here it goes

Sonic

Why>?

Green shield gives a goolish glow to Necromancer pets

Is it the best I would say dark is the best fit had it on live but Sonic is not weak and fully spec should make a very  good tankermind, but for now I am in the lvl process and it is in the middle but with a fun factor of 10. Just a suggestion those Sonic shields really make the Necro pets pop!

Very team friendly to except for the sound effect on the repel anchor that with KB to KD IO become a moving anchor Ice patch pretty awesome KD if you mute COH, only one team out of 100 ask for it to be turned off  everyone else takes the ear pain for the mitigation it has on your team

Fully agree. Necro/Sonic is an *unsung* gem. Disruption Field and Sonic Repulsion (with the KB-KD IO slotted) on the grave knights is music to the ears.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

9 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Fully agree. Necro/Sonic is an *unsung* gem. Disruption Field and Sonic Repulsion (with the KB-KD IO slotted) on the grave knights is music to the ears.

Not to mention resist capped T1 and T2 pets (at 90% no less) and nearly fully capped T3.  My Necro/Sonic is into the forties now and rolling along pretty well.  It's not a super active combo, but I think it's very effective.  

I'm flying by the seat of my pants build-wise.  Have to say, I just didn't understand Sonic Repulsion.  I was expecting something like FF's Repulsion field but it sounds like it's something else?

I've currently got a wee Necro/Cold mastermind going. Why? Because I was inspired to make an ice zombie themed MM. It's too low level to tell you how it's working though, all I can do at this point is shield my zombies.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 1 month later

I've been playing around with a necro/kinetics because I wanted "fast zombies".  It's pretty fun, but it is a TON of micromanagement and just messy aggro as your rage fueled minions chase a runner all over the map and bring back ten more.  Just hit 32 and it's going to be a long slog until 38 when we get fulcrum shift.

Who run Bartertown?