New badge tracker

KeyboardKitsune

45 minutes ago, Green.Dwarf said:

I noticed some badge names were not correct when I updated my Rogue.  Wasted Resource should be Wasted Resources, Burger Meister should be Burgermeister, and Task Force Commander should be Task Force Commander/Abandoner.  Thanks.

Were you looking at the badge tracker spreadsheet or the Badger website? This thread is geared toward the website, and those names are correct there. 

Not sure on that one, it's more of a question for @KeyboardKitsune. I just help maintain the data that shows up on the website, and answer the odd question if I can.

13 hours ago, Green.Dwarf said:

The spreadsheet, sorry.  Any thoughts about creating an export from spreadsheet tool?  To make it easier for people to swap over to the web app?

No plans sorry; it was a pain to maintain, which is part of the reason I made the app instead... and since any updates to it don't copy across to people's individual copies, making any sort of export tool would be a ton of work for not much benefit since you'd have to copy to a new version of the sheet anyway.

I'm sure I could come up with something on the app side... but, it's still a lot of work that I'd rather not do at the moment ^^;

I've been playing around with using logchat and popmenus to load up my character with all the settitles (currently using 1-2430) so I can use the chat log to tell me all my current badges.  I believe that is how we got HeroStats to read them in for export to Badge-Hunter.  We would need to fix the HeroStats app or build an app ourselves to read through the chatlog and get the up-to-date character badge list, but it could be relatively easy to do.

5 hours ago, Green.Dwarf said:

I've been playing around with using logchat and popmenus to load up my character with all the settitles (currently using 1-2430) so I can use the chat log to tell me all my current badges.  I believe that is how we got HeroStats to read them in for export to Badge-Hunter.  We would need to fix the HeroStats app or build an app ourselves to read through the chatlog and get the up-to-date character badge list, but it could be relatively easy to do.

I wrote a Python script a while back that reads through the settitle chat output to generate a list of badges. Right now it just produces a human-readable alphabetic list, but I am not sure how useful that would be for folks wanting to transfer their badge list to the app. I think it would be more useful if it could output the data chunk that could then be imported into the Badger web app, but I have not really looked into that. Unfortunately Python is the only language I know reasonably well, and I think ideally something like this would need to be written in a language capable of being run in the browser to make it even easier to use.

I'll take some time this week to look into making my Python script produce the data chunk. If I can get that working, then I have a friend at work that might be able to point me in the right direction for turning that code into an app that can run in a browser. No promises, of course, but I'll see what I can come up with.

42 minutes ago, Rilude said:

Hello.

the badge - Midnight Doger What Doges At Midnight isn't on your database.

Odd, it shows up fine for me.

midnight_dodger.png

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rilude said:

Hello.

the badge - Midnight Doger What Doges At Midnight isn't on your database.

image.png.43708b374ffbb0b236964abb7c0f1e7e.png

It looks like the poster was looking for the Venetian version of the badge.

Spoiler

The leader of the Venetian Republic was known as the Doge.

• Haha 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

33 minutes ago, DocDolomite said:

Found  typo in the text.

Accolade > Exploration > Paragon > Zip Warden / King | Queebn of the Zig

Should be "Zig Warden / King | Queen of the Zig"

Can you post a screenshot please? I cannot find this typo anywhere on the Badger site (or the spreadsheet).

You're in the wrong thread, this is the one you need:

There are newer versions/variations of that menu (including one I made) that should have that already fixed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

You're in the wrong thread, this is the one you need:

There are newer versions/variations of that menu (including one I made) that should have that already fixed.

D'oh!  Apologies, I was using both tools to compare my toon's badge list and I had the wrong tab open.  Thanks for the clarification and for making a great tool!

I'm not sure if this has been noted previously, but my Servant of Recluse graphic looks remarkably different from the one presented here:

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/former-servant-of-recluse

Servant of Recluse.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

I'm not sure if this has been noted previously, but my Servant of Recluse graphic looks remarkably different from the one presented here:

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/former-servant-of-recluse

Servant of Recluse.jpg

Looks like a case where the HC devs decided to use a different icon for that, compared to what shows up on ParagonWiki and/or City Info Tracker. I submitted this for a fix, thanks for pointing it out!

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:07 PM, DocDolomite said:

Thanks for the clarification and for making a great tool!

I didn't make it, I just helped with some of the data and with some of the maintenance. Hope you got your menu fixed!

My Avid Reader graphic is different from what is presented here:

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/avid-reader

Avid Reader.jpg

Submitted a fix for this one as well, thanks again!

• Thanks 1

I can't find the missions for Andrew Fiore in the Flashback (as a Rogue,) so I assume the "Chameleon" badge is blue?  It's listed under the Villain Accomplishment badges:

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/chameleon

Andrew Fiore:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Andrew_Fiore

Also: "Do Not Harm" and "True Nemesis" are listed among the villain badges, and I suspect those are blue as well...?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Whoops!  My "Loyal Customer" icon is different!

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/loyal-customer

Loyal Customer.jpg

I submitted the fix for this, thanks!

Regarding your previous post about the alignment of those badges, I'd like to hear from @KeyboardKitsunebefore submitting anything for those. If I recall, when we were working on the badge data we had some (possibly brief) discussions about what to do about the alignment of some badges, since HC did some blurring of the lines between hero and villain in terms of who could earn which badges. The evidence you presented above does lead me to think that the 'V' option could be removed from those badges but it's been so long that I honestly can't remember what was decided and I am a little hesitant to submit fixes just yet.

• Thanks 1

The alignment of most badges is so blurred, particularly with the changes in HC, that it's hard to make sense of what to put there most of the time. Given you can change alignment at will now, and the weird way a lot of Praetorian stuff is handled I don't think the alignment is useful at all 90% of the time xD

That being said, I'm happy to defer to you guys; if you think it's wrong, then it probably is... and it's easy enough to change back later.

• Like 1