CoT bosses not counted for defeat badge!

Jacktar

Hello, as above, been working on that CoT defeat 50 bosses badge and after scratching about for poor pickings jumped into the abandoned sewers and went to town killing the lvl 37 spawns of CoT boss Death Mages.

They don’t count for the badge!

Any idea why not please?

Thanks

Which badge are you going for specifically? I see the following defeat CoT badges in the spreadsheet:

1. Coldblooded / Coldhearted: Defeat 100 Circle of Thorns cold demons, including Hordelings, Hellfrosts and Blade Princes (Only available during valentines event for Heroes, but available as normal spawns for Villains)
  2. Soul Binder: Defeat 100 Circle of Thorns mages
  3. Weed Whacker: Defeat 50 Circle of Thorns Succubi or Hellfrosts (Only available during valentines event for Heroes, but available as normal spawns for Villains)
  4. Exorcist: Defeat 100 points worth of Incarnate-level Circle of Thorns

I'd guess, based on the number you mentioned, that you might be looking at the wrong badge. Perhaps you are expecting progress on Weed Whacker and you're actually getting progress on Soul Binder.

I know Weed Whacker in particular is confusing as the badge hint for it is just "defeat 50 CoT bosses" or something vague like that, but it only counts the CoV-exclusive bosses (see above). I've seen a few people get confused by this one, since it isn't worded well ingame.

Edited by Piyerus
  • Like 1

Hi guys, yes definately the Weedwacker badge,  yes it does only say Defeat 50 CoT bosses.

So I think that what has happened is that I went red on the alt to get my patron pool opened and in running the arc I got the 29 kills it is showing now.

I then went back blueside and have been doing other stuff for a while till I started picking up the defeat badges.

At least my mystery is sorted but that badge description needs a serious revision.

Thanks to you both for the info and guidance, muchly appreciated.

PS: I will jump back to red to finish it off tonight now I know what I need to do 🙂👍

PPS: I do have all the other CoT badges mentioned so that at least is a bonus 🍻🍻

Edited by Jacktar
more info