The Tailor? Really?

Ukase

I am not one of those folks who farm reward merits to make inf to go to the tailor at level 5. or 10 or even 50. 
With the exception of one character that I made too short - none of my characters have ever needed to go to the tailor. It's not like I can really see their costumes anyway. Most are stealthed, and the ones that aren't are buried in a pile of npcs. 

Is there a trick to this "spend 50 million" at the tailor? I just redid everything, and it cost less than 2million. I have ZERO interest in spending hours on this. I just want to give the tailor 50 million and be done with it. Is there a way to make it more expensive? Not to mention the 50 some odd free tailor tokens that will remain unused...

What options cost  the most? 

Can't recall what exactly I changed, but I designed a costume that was as far opposite of my main costume as I could... different parts in all possible selections, different colors, different body scale options, etc. I saved that costume so I wouldn't have to rechoose each part every time, and then just swapped between saved costume files until I got the badge. 

No clue how many tailor sessions it took, but since it was just loading costumes and accepting, it went by fast

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Save your original costume to a file.  Figure out what changes cost the most, save that to another costume file. Select another costume slot, load the changes....when you run out of slots, do the same thing, reloading your original costume file.  Sure, it takes a little bit of time, but you're a badge whore, spending time on virtual achievements is what we do.

• Like 1

@War Mage

Badge Tracking - https://cityofbadgers.com

As a fellow badger, I understand your desire to earn the badge.  Since you aren't into multiple costumes, just pick a slot, random the costume, add colors to  your powers (these can be expensive), make the colors apply across all powersets, pay.  Rinse, repeat.  It shouldn't take more than a minute or two for each new costume.  This is what I am planning to do now that I have all the costumes I actually want and still have a couple slots left over.

[edit to add: so I just logged on to check, and it turns out the "random" option is not available at the tailor.

So, new plan, select one of the premade options and then add auras, capes, wings, anything available that doesn't show up on the generic.  I'll probably just go down the whole generic list making each costume and adding whatever extras.  Changing colors adds to the cost, so do that on all your powers, including travel, incarnate, etc.  Ditto size, gender.  Click, click. It's done.  Since you won't be saving/using these costumes, just randomly click  two colors and apply across all costume/powersets.]

Your badge-earning 50 mil random costume will be great to keep for fun (they're often quite strange, amusing, and/or hideous 😉).  We can all meet up at a badger summit and show off our badge-earning random creation!  Hee!

Edited by Tahliah
addendum

On 10/17/2019 at 5:47 PM, Sister Corruption said:

What... you mean you hadn't already spent 50 million at the tailor by 1000 badges? *embarassed*

lol. I have no time for foolishness like the tailor. That's even worse than reading what the contact is sharing to get you to do a mission. It's irrelevant. With the new transparent stealth, I can't see my character anyway. 

I basically did a load costume from my scrapper to my blaster, and back again. Each one cost me 4 million, so I only had to do it 13 times. Now I can ignore the tailor forever. Such a strange thing..don't you people like your costume when you start your character? Why would you ever change it? Makes no sense to me - but it doesn't have to. City of Options and all that. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1