TW/Bio Omni-tank

thespiritfox2

What did I create...

Mids shows different from the game so...game stats. 

2052 HP no accolades yet
3.81% recovery in attack stance

Resistance in defensive
69% s/l 
27% fire/cold 
10% en/neg

19% psionic
42% toxic

Defense in defensive
Melee 39%

Ranged 22%

AoE 24%
43.4% S/L
48% F/C

40.85% En/Neg

27% psionic

Hasten is pretty close to perma, your clickies are not, but you do not really need them to be with this build. Tanked through +4x8 ITF zero problem, has handled every regular mission I've thrown at it without any issue. Massive bursts of en/neg all at once can down you quick if you get really unlucky, happened once in ITF trying to kill a shadow shard without killing it's guards. This is the tankiest I could make TW/Bio. Designed to survive just about anything before you touch incarnates. You might not hold aggro like a tank, but you can take hits just as well as most of them can. I'm fairly close to someone's invulnerability build numbers and this is before /bio's buffs to resistance for enemies close by. 

Ran a bunch of portal av missions and nothing in any of them could put much of a dent in me with this build. It cost about 600m at current market prices including me having 4 Armageddon recipes that dropped for me and paying 50 million for the one copy of the damn recipe available for the fifth lol. 

Oh, the one hole this build truly seems to have besides tanking serious energy/neg being risky without heals/buffs, is accuracy. Even with tactics running, when build up is off at times I whiff a bit at +4s. Taking the -def debuff interface to help with that solo. Can run you dry on endurance in attack and defensive if you're slamming away with your weapons for all you're worth. Stopping your attacks for 5 seconds while in efficient mode will half fill your endurance bar. TW is hungry, but /bio provides. You can generally come pretty close to attacking forever in efficient stance. With T3 barrier you're functionally immortal, barrier will more than bridge the recharge time of your clickies in a pinch. 

Those pinches do not happen often and this build still puts up some very respectable damage numbers. Built for tanking and recharge stacking, but you could totally move a few slots around if you wanted and proc some things out. The taunt/damage aura in bio that I have overwhelming force in is hilarious. If there are 20 enemies near me it starts to look like bonfire. Change that into a 6 slot damage proc mule and I could see this build turning into a true room blender and helping alot with the cone aoes you have to deal with with TW/

And yes, I took defensive sweep. 54% melee defense. I wanted to be able to tank incarnate material. This is the build to get you there. And people do have a hard time tearing avs off of me. Holding group aggro is a pipe dream, but tanking a single big baddie works really well. 

Note: The entire build is attuned. Exemplars really really well and some of the sets used were sub 50 max levels so a few catalysts and alot of buying attuned on the AH later and the whole build is attuned enhancements save like swift and hurdle and the recharge IOs in things. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Rex Power Colt: Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Defensive Sweep -- Arm-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg(3), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(3), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(5)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9)
Level 2: Titan Sweep -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-Dmg(9), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(11), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal(13)
Level 6: Environmental Modification -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/Rchg(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(17)
Level 10: Adaptation 
Level 12: Build Momentum -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Follow Through -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(21), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(23)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(25), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(29)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(31), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(34), Ags-ResDam(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(25), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(29), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(37)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(40), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(42), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-Heal(43)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), ImpArm-ResPsi(31)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(46), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(50)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(39), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(43), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(45), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(46)
Level 1: Momentum 
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation 
------------

Edited by thespiritfox2

I've got the Scrapper version of this, and Defensive Sweep is an MVP.  I use it as the cooldown for other attacks, and basically you only get hit when the attack comes from range or when you're mopping up the straggling bosses from the last 4 or 5 mobs you mowed through.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 10/17/2019 at 1:14 PM, Seigmoraig said:

You should try this build as a Scrapper. Saying this since you are well under the resist cap for Brutes anyway, you might as well try it as Scrapper and have more consistent damage. You would probably lose a bit of HP doing so, but it's worth the look imo

I'm under the resist cap with no enemies around me. /Bio gets more resistance when surrounded by enemies, when using parasitic aura, or lol when I use barrier because I basically only use efficient mode now. +25% damage is nothing compared to -20% endurance on a TW brute. The difference between ooming after a few attack cycles or never, ever running out of endurance without sapping mobs in the mix. But yeah, I wanted a tank who's not a tank. 

15 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

I'm under the resist cap with no enemies around me. /Bio gets more resistance when surrounded by enemies, when using parasitic aura, or lol when I use barrier because I basically only use efficient mode now. +25% damage is nothing compared to -20% endurance on a TW brute. The difference between ooming after a few attack cycles or never, ever running out of endurance without sapping mobs in the mix. But yeah, I wanted a tank who's not a tank. 

I think you are doing something wrong if you run out of Endo, I can farm non-stop in AE with my TW/Bio Scrapper in Offensive Adaptation and never run out of gas (or have to use blue cookies). I hit DNA Siphon every fight and the +recovery from that lets me spam all night long

I had to go check, it does indeed provide recovery. I didn't know that, I thought it was just endurance/health like a combo consume. I assume that recovery is per target hit so hit it at the start of a fight ... got it. Lol I'm still mastering /bio. It's a surprisingly nuanced set.  Also I slotted my attacks out with not too much endurance reduction. Getting my sets where I wanted required I compromise a few slots on some of the less hard hitting attacks. If only /bio had some throwaway powers lol. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox

On 10/17/2019 at 2:14 PM, Seigmoraig said:

You should try this build as a Scrapper. Saying this since you are well under the resist cap for Brutes anyway, you might as well try it as Scrapper and have more consistent damage. You would probably lose a bit of HP doing so, but it's worth the look imo

Or considering the new Tanker changes, a Tanker.  

The AT change should bump up the resists

9 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Or considering the new Tanker changes, a Tanker.  

The AT change should bump up the resists

For sure I'll be rolling a TW tanker when the changes hit !

14 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

had to go check, it does indeed provide recovery. I didn't know that, I thought it was just endurance/health like a combo consume. I assume that recovery is per target hit so hit it at the start of a fight ... got it. Lol I'm still mastering /bio. It's a surprisingly nuanced set.  Also I slotted my attacks out with not too much endurance reduction. Getting my sets where I wanted required I compromise a few slots on some of the less hard hitting attacks. If only /bio had some throwaway powers lol. 

Yes it is a surprisingly deep set with a variety of ways to go about it. I sometimes switch out to Defensive mode when I am doing incarnate content for certain encounters when I see I am dropping but usually I try to stay in Offensive for that sweet sweet 25% damage buff to stack on top of my sweet sweet crits 😛

The only major difference I have between my build and yours (other than scrapper ATO of course) is that I have Defensive Sweep unslotted. The only thing in it is a Luck of the Gambler +haste IO, since Defensive Sweep does so little damage anyway, and I only really use it for the +Def I rather have those slots elsewhere. The +acc from my other set bonuses and the +dmg from T3 or T4 Musculature Core bring it up to an acceptable level. I just use Titan Sweep, Whirling Smash and Arc of Destruction as my AoE rotation. Defensive Sweep I only use at the start of fights to help on the Alpha Strikes

Also, instead of Tactics, I have Crushing Blow. I used to run Assault but I found that extra Leadership toggle pushed me over the edge and I could not keep up with the end drain. Maybe this is where your end problems stem from ?

Edited by Seigmoraig

1 hour ago, Seigmoraig said:

For sure I'll be rolling a TW tanker when the changes hit !

Yes it is a surprisingly deep set with a variety of ways to go about it. I sometimes switch out to Defensive mode when I am doing incarnate content for certain encounters when I see I am dropping but usually I try to stay in Offensive for that sweet sweet 25% damage buff to stack on top of my sweet sweet crits 😛

The only major difference I have between my build and yours (other than scrapper ATO of course) is that I have Defensive Sweep unslotted. The only thing in it is a Luck of the Gambler +haste IO, since Defensive Sweep does so little damage anyway, and I only really use it for the +Def I rather have those slots elsewhere. The +acc from my other set bonuses and the +dmg from T3 or T4 Musculature Core bring it up to an acceptable level. I just use Titan Sweep, Whirling Smash and Arc of Destruction as my AoE rotation. Defensive Sweep I only use at the start of fights to help on the Alpha Strikes

Also, instead of Tactics, I have Crushing Blow. I used to run Assault but I found that extra Leadership toggle pushed me over the edge and I could not keep up with the end drain. Maybe this is where your end problems stem from ?

Its very possible, I think I run 9 toggles including tough and weave. However, between parasitic aura and DNA siphon If one of them is up I don't OOM. Ive also somewhat figured out that part of my mana issues are that anything less than +4 or incarnate I can tank without my clickies, and without my clickies....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 10/22/2019 at 11:10 PM, TheSpiritFox said:

I had to go check, it does indeed provide recovery. I didn't know that, I thought it was just endurance/health like a combo consume. I assume that recovery is per target hit so hit it at the start of a fight ... got it. Lol I'm still mastering /bio. It's a surprisingly nuanced set.  Also I slotted my attacks out with not too much endurance reduction. Getting my sets where I wanted required I compromise a few slots on some of the less hard hitting attacks. If only /bio had some throwaway powers lol. 

The difference with DNA Siphon lies in that if you use it on live targets it grants Endurance, but if you use it on corpses it provides with Recovery. So once you kill a spawn, pop DNA Siphon and you'll be full of blue juice. In practical terms it's probably best to use it after the initial volley of AoEs that killed all minions (corpses despawn after a few seconds, so the minions will have disappeared by the time the lieutenants and bosses have been killed).

This makes for very easy use while doing regular content but falters once hitting something for a few minutes since the Endurance part of DNA Siphon barely pays for its activation against a single live target.

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

The difference with DNA Siphon lies in that if you use it on live targets it grants Endurance, but if you use it on corpses it provides with Recovery. So once you kill a spawn, pop DNA Siphon and you'll be full of blue juice. In practical terms it's probably best to use it after the initial volley of AoEs that killed all minions (corpses despawn after a few seconds, so the minions will have disappeared by the time the lieutenants and bosses have been killed).

This makes for very easy use while doing regular content but falters once hitting something for a few minutes since the Endurance part of DNA Siphon barely pays for its activation against a single live target.

Oh so I have to hit corpses with it to get endurance? Another thing that I didn't know about it... I need to go reread all the power descriptions. 

8 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Oh so I have to hit corpses with it to get endurance? Another thing that I didn't know about it... I need to go reread all the power descriptions. 

*recovery

I decided to do without Defensive Sweep on my build because it was only Smashing and Melee, not even Lethal, and I had other ways to Max out S/L and Melee both (I took WP instead of Bio though)

It did feel like I wasn't really taking advantage of the set though.

Edited by Papaschtroumpf