Paragon City Mayoral Election

Marine X

The lore mentions previous Mayors of Paragon City. I think we should have a Character for Mayor Election where players create a Character to be a Mayoral Candidate, Run a Campaign in game and in forums, and then post a ballot and hold an Election ( Poll ) to determine the new Mayor, this could be an annual Event. Was thinking we could also make this a complete reality if they actually served at community functions and had a Mayoral Office, ( a base with all amenities with a Public Access code with T.P. to all zones, Crafting, Auto-Doc, etc. for use by players who have no base access. There would have to be a winner for each Shard so that the base access Portion would be functional. Any thoughts? Smart Remarks? Nemesis Rhymes?

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

It should be "Jen Jensen," so the candidate could walk around the streets repeating:

My name is Yon Yonson,
I come from Wisconsin
I work in a lumber mill there
All the people I meet
As I walk down the street
Ask me how in the hell I got there
So I tell them: My name is Yon Yonson...

Pleased to meet you!  I am Animal, and I harbor Perverse Sexual Lust.

I think I'm going to go ahead and make the Mayor's Office Bases now and get them up and running as it may take a bit. Like I said they will include TP, crafting and an Auto-Doc. I think I may also include an Icon Branch Office for Private Make-overs and a City Pool. Once up and running I will post the access codes in each shards Forum and in the roleplaying forum..

Marine X

1 hour ago, merrypessimist said:

Considering what utter morons and corrupt thieves the city councilmen and mayors of Paragon have proven themselves to be (Penny Yin TF, anyone?) the mayoral election probably results in the winner immediately getting checked into a cell at Zigursky Prison.

C'mon, they're running for Mayor of Paragon City, not Chicago. 😛

I was actually thinking it would be hilarious if a Villain won, but not surprising. The whole idea is just a role play / Forum game thing for the Most part, but would be a source of some activities here and there. Maybe I should see if Mender Silos wants to run, or Recluse, he has experience managing a large staff, hmmm...

Marine X

Not sure there are any sane politicians in Paragon City.  That Alderman fellow has clearly gone off the deep end.  Spanky Rabinowitz sounds like he was a real charmer.  Perhaps there's more to be said for Councilman Birch, but his constant rants about eighty years of treason and how FDR betrayed us all to the Rikti get old after a while. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 10/18/2019 at 8:29 AM, Marine X said:

I was actually thinking it would be hilarious if a Villain won, but not surprising. The whole idea is just a role play / Forum game thing for the Most part, but would be a source of some activities here and there. Maybe I should see if Mender Silos wants to run, or Recluse, he has experience managing a large staff, hmmm...

One word, Marine X, just one word.... Nemesis.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 5:02 PM, Heraclea said:

Not sure there are any sane politicians in Paragon City.  That Alderman fellow has clearly gone off the deep end.  Spanky Rabinowitz sounds like he was a real charmer.  Perhaps there's more to be said for Councilman Birch, but his constant rants about eighty years of treason and how FDR betrayed us all to the Rikti get old after a while. 

He's not wrong. Aliens are better citizens, they work for less and never go against my political interest....