Tsoo Lore Pets

Erydanus

The Tsoo and a couple other types weren't available when damage testing was done on the lore pets. I think most people go for the top contenders from LineNoise's tests back when, I sure don't hear much discussion. Still, I was wondering if anyone had taken them and how you felt they performed, as well as what sorts of powers the pets used were.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I took Tsoo as I thought it would be quite cool but at core tier 3 it's a bit dreadful. The sorcerer teleports god only knows where then fails to return. When you do find him he's generally in a corner somewhere debuffing thin air. Occasionally he would teleport somewhere useful, but all in all he might as well not exist. I wasn't going to waste the merits and threads to get Tsoo to tier 4 and see if anything was different. I would pick absolutely anything else and avoid the time it takes to even look at the tier tree.

• Thanks 3

Thanks so much for the info. Wow it's a shame this might be a bad path (because) the Ancestral Guardian looks great and I really want to pick on looks. I can't say I'm shocked to hear the sorcerer is flaky. It looks like the Core Superior Ally version with an ancestral spirit might be a bit better? I have to say I don't love Ancestor Spirits in general, and I'm not a fan of hand clap, but I don't understand Lore pet options well enough to look at the attack powers and judge if it would be very good combined with the Ancestral Guardian.

Edited by Erydanus
Because I wrote words without enough coffee in me.
  • Thanks 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I felt the Staff-wielding Tsoo was amazing but then the Lt Ancestor Spirit was hella fragile and weak in comparison despite its size. I found that the Lt actually has less powers than the true incarnation of the mob, losing a lot of its CC which could have made it better overall. I think the Ancestor Spirit LT needs a buff and a fix.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Erydanus said:

Thanks so much for the info. Wow it's a shame this might be a bad path (because) the Ancestral Guardian looks great and I really want to pick on looks. I can't say I'm shocked to hear the sorcerer is flaky. It looks like the Core Superior Ally version with an ancestral spirit might be a bit better? I have to say I don't love Ancestor Spirits in general, and I'm not a fan of hand clap, but I don't understand Lore pet options well enough to look at the attack powers and judge if it would be very good combined with the Ancestral Guardian.

To be honest, pick what you think looks cool or fits in with your character concept.  Banished Pantheon are awesome, the core tier 4 Ravager is an absolute beast. It can beat a lvl 54 zeus titan on it's own. My demons MM picked demons (duh) and they are good. Longbow has a massive robot, and Cimerorans has a healer that spam heals and occasionally throws out a fortitude. Polar lights seems to do the job, they are tiny and are useful in tight caves. They aren't flashy though so whatever they do they do it quite subtly.  Other friends swear by Rularuu as a giant eyeball floating round never gets old. I also love Carnies, they are extremely effective at tier 3, not got them to tier 4 yet though so can't comment on ultimate effectiveness. The only one I've found to be flawed so far is Tsoo. The main attack pet is great and does what he's supposed to, it's the support pet that has the problem.

• Thanks 1

The only 50 I've worked up the Incarnate powers on took the force field drones which are also pretty small and therefore subtle (and good in caves).  I've generally heard "take whatever you like, they're all about the same" too, glad to know there's a problem with one of these so I can avoid it (not that I was likely to ever go Tsoo, but...).

• Thanks 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Yeah so the thing is my 50 is a ninja-ish guy so the Tsoo were a great thematic match. But he's kinda a techno ninja - after going through the First Ward arc I was almost horrified to feel that it would be quite plausible he was an escaped Seer program guy. (Psi melee stalker who can teleport... and has tech origin because some of his powers come from implants.) So some other choices might work too like the Polar lights. The nice thing is I remembered you can just make incarnate powers on the test server so I went over there and started making lore powers to try out. Would be nice if the cooldown could be erased somehow but it's not too bad. So far I did like the staff-wielding Tsoo guardian but was underwhelmed with the ancestor spirit. I haven't tried out the Sorc combo, I really expect to not like it, but we'll see.

• Like 1

• 4 months later

Necroing this post. But hopefully it's useful to someone interested in the Support side of the Tsoo.      There's big potential game play issues with the Radial Superior (Support side).  Basically the Sorcerer randomly TP's away into nearby spawns causing accidental aggro and disrupting missions.  

I was testing out the Tsoo Radial Superior (Support side) because of theme.    The Sorcerer seemed pretty good on paper.  But in missions I found him to be nightmare on my MM.   Just like the enemy Sorcerers he TP's away somewhere random, though walls, balconies etc..  But unlike the enemy sorcerers that means he Aggro's spawns within TP range.   

Now if you don't mind accidental aggro, then he might be useful for automated "herding", since he can't be attacked anything he aggros will come to fight you or your other pets.     So Tsoo were terrible on the MM I was testing.    Shame because the Ancestral Guardian was pretty good and the Sorcerer was good when he actually stayed in our fight debuffing and healing, instead TPing away to other spawns....  

*Edit*   Really wish there was a way to toggle his TP off.   [But I guess it might break his ai....]

Edited by Dr Causality

I wonder if a constantly teleporting but invulnerable Sorcerer running all over creation aggroing random mobs would be really useful on, say, an asteroid farm, where the best thing a pet could do would be to indiscriminately aggro the entire map. 🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Machariel said:

I wonder if a constantly teleporting but invulnerable Sorcerer running all over creation aggroing random mobs would be really useful on, say, an asteroid farm, where the best thing a pet could do would be to indiscriminately aggro the entire map. 🤔

Yeah. might be good.  The big aoe debuff of his hurricane did a pretty consistent job of aggroing whole spawns he got near.  

I've got the Tsoo Core (Ancestral Guardian and Ancestor Spirit) on my MA scrapper. Good damage but a bit squishy. Also, the latest version of lore pets spreadsheet has DPS numbers for Tsoo.

Incarante Lore Pets List - Google Sheets

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller