Did they ever "fix" Energy Aura?

City_of_Jedi

I remember trying this on both a Brute and a Stalker when it came out in Issue 6.  The stalker was the one that got the farthest, but still not that far.  It's difficult to separate the set's performance from Stalker performance in general at the time, but it seemed fairly lackluster, and /Elec was considered to be better, or at the very least more popular (though Stalkers didn't have /Elec at the time).  Still, getting cut in half by Rikti-sword-wielding Aberrant Rectors was not fun.  (This was before one-shotting was written out of the code). 

As far as historical information, the only bit of info I can find is that they ditched Conserve Power and replaced it with Energize, which was undoubtedly an upgrade.  (Also getting rid of that ridiculous repel power!)  I remember Energy Cloak didn't suppress during combat.  Is that still true?  Basically what I'm trying to get at is... was the set ever brought up to par?  In the age of powerset proliferation, is it still inferior to /Elec?  Does it still need help?  Is there a general consensus around that? 

Also, this exemplar build for your consideration; accepting feedback.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Kinetic-Energy: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Kinetic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Body Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(5), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), KntCmb-Knock%(13)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(15), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 2: Smashing Blow -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 4: Dampening Field -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(40), ImpArm-ResDam(43), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Power Siphon -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(15), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 8: Repulsing Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dam%(11), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(25)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Power Shield -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 14: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(40), ImpArm-ResDam(46), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(50)
Level 18: Burst -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Arm-Acc/Rchg(19), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Dam%(25), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Focused Burst -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Rchg(29), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(39), ImpArm-ResDam(39), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Concentrated Strike -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(34)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(36), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Overload -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Mu Bolts -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(17), EndMod-I(21)
------------

Edited by City_of_Jedi
minor build changes

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

i'd say it's fixed for sure on Scraps. /EA can be really tanky if that's what you're after. on mine, i managed over softcap Def to SLENFC, 30-52% Res aside from Psi, and nearly 100% Rech before Hasten ...all w/o any mob buffs or clicks or Incarnates. then it's also got both Meld & Rune as back-up. with 50% -DDR, amazing End management, the heal, & regen... it's sturdy af in nearly any content. my downfall was taking Staff, for theme... 

StaffEA Scrap - base.png

9 hours ago, Eran Rist said:

Why hide your enhancements?

from a long history, the short of it is: most peeps don't learn from, nor appreciate, being given a complete build to copy ...horse to water, fishing, & such. posting a ss of my build seems the middle-ground to show i'm being honest (w/o inflating stats via temp clicks / incarn / acco / mob buffs / etc).

On 11/9/2019 at 3:00 PM, Krazie Ivan said:

from a long history, the short of it is: most peeps don't learn from, nor appreciate, being given a complete build to copy ...horse to water, fishing, & such. posting a ss of my build seems the middle-ground to show i'm being honest (w/o inflating stats via temp clicks / incarn / acco / mob buffs / etc).

*headscratch*

Anyway, for the OP. I don't know if EA is fixed but there is something missing from it and I'm not sure what, but even softcapped and such it feels real fragile. Perhaps because the heal is a bit too long. But this is only in really intensive farm like saturated target cap situations that do not arise from regular play. For regular play (bounce to a spawn, smack them, move to the next) EA is fine.

20 hours ago, Sovera said:

*headscratch*

Anyway, for the OP. I don't know if EA is fixed but there is something missing from it and I'm not sure what, but even softcapped and such it feels real fragile. Perhaps because the heal is a bit too long. But this is only in really intensive farm like saturated target cap situations that do not arise from regular play. For regular play (bounce to a spawn, smack them, move to the next) EA is fine.

EA seems to have several "not quite holes" when I look at it.

• Resist passives include Toxic, but only a token amount (around 9%).  Compare to most other damage types, where they're clearly balanced around stacking that minor Resistance on top of almost-SR defenses.
  • Only source of Psionic protection is the base 3.75% defense in the stealth aura
  • The +resist passives curiously overlook Fire and Cold entirely.  Instead, their associated toggles gain an extra 2.25% defense.

I have a feeling any typical build that softcaps their S/L defense is likely (over)capping their C/F defense, and the complete lack of Resist for that damage type causes problems.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:00 AM, Krazie Ivan said:

Eh, I see that. I just share the whole builds. Someone else might have a better perspective. And if they take my build and fail with it, when I've succeeded, that's player skill. If they eclipse my performance, either in build or gameplay, I'll ask to learn.

There's little to nothing gained by obfuscating information, but you do you.

Death is the best debuff.

18 hours ago, Eran Rist said:

Eh, I see that. I just share the whole builds. Someone else might have a better perspective. And if they take my build and fail with it, when I've succeeded, that's player skill. If they eclipse my performance, either in build or gameplay, I'll ask to learn.

There's little to nothing gained by obfuscating information, but you do you.

*headscratch*

of course it's possible that someone can help me improve my posted builds with their feedback, and it's def happened in the past. i appreciated it very much, & said so, but i'd personally rather have a better understanding of the game's mechanics from them so i'm less likely to miss somethin on my next build. w/o all that collective knowledge to pull from & add to, i think people are less likely to stick around... nearly-free L50's with pre-planned builds... all that's left are Enh costs. and what type of teammate do we prefer while they are here... one who understands the mechanics, or a flying Emp/NRG tossin mobs away from your melee Kin, for example? other reasons too (mentioned in other thread), but...eh...

i'm not knockin anyone for posting builds... you're all free to help peeps in the way you feel is best.
🙂