Ebil Wednesday #1: The Birth of Ebil

MunkiLord

Last week it was suggested we make this a weekly thing, so here I am. The way I see this going is not something I control, whoever makes the Ebil Wednesday thread first, makes it first. The only request I have is that we give it a subtitle, that's important. Doesn't even have to be a good one, bad wordplay is awesome too. Numbering them could be fun too, so we can keep track of them if this actually become a thing.

Anyway, converter supply seems to have stabilized a bit, so I haven't had to wait as long to purchase it at the price I want. So that's good. I've been attempting to branch out the last few weeks, but it becomes obvious rather quick when I've unintentionally moved in on another person's niche as the bid creeping is real. Creeping bid battles isn't really my thing, so I get chased off pretty quick.

Made a couple billion, then spent a billion, so all in all a chill week.

Anything else interesting or notable going on?

I've been working on my next "making inf from the AH" guide.  Trying out my no-buy toon as mentioned in a different post.

A few weeks ago, someone was really hitting bids on the converter market, and I ended up buying about 1500 of them for around 50k.  The problem is that it's not on one of my regular marketing characters, so I've been experimenting with selling some of them at above-market prices.

Who run Bartertown?

In my effort to spend less time in the AH I have started listing my bids 20% higher. My hope is that on the weekend when impatience is at its peak the sales will be there. 

I dont normally get instant sales but it  is close enough.  With any luck it will work but If not no big loss. I will just eat the listing fee and figure out a new strategy. 

I do have a question for all of you converters out there. 

What is Rectified Reticle converted into?  Crafting this set was the foundation of my wealth here and Live actually. It served me well and I occasionally still dabble but I just dont get it. Consistent sales and I have seen prices as high as 5 million. 

It makes no sense. 

Edited by Sakai

16 hours ago, Sakai said:

What is Rectified Reticle converted into?  Crafting this set was the foundation of my wealth here and Live actually. It served me well and I occasionally still dabble but I just dont get it. Consistent sales and I have seen prices as high as 5 million. 

It's not being converted into anything (I imagine) - The set gives defense to S/L with only two enhancements. It's also a low level enhancement set (level 10-20), so there are less of them in game. Most people don't convert at that level.

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

Past 2 days I bought 21 winter packs and ended up with 26 enhancements. So that was a win. 

I created and sold my stock pile of repices so now I'm in a bid creep right now with some one. It's annoying but as long has it doesn't get too high I'll continue with it I'm getting enough to make some inf, should get more over the weekend. 

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

Still haven't investigated Winter Packs. 

Feels to much like buying Magic Booster packs and ending up with the commons I have to many of and rares I will never use. 

On the other hand I do like the excitement right before opening them so maybe. How much are they again?

you break even or go higher by getting reward merits and converters and catalysts or getting multiple IOs above the amount of packs you bought. If I buy 10-20 packs i usually get more than 10 or 20 IOs along with RMs and all that other jazz.

I played around with the Hero Packs and the Winter Packs.  My takeaway, which sounds like it meets with other people's experiences, is that on average you end up with about 20-25% return on investment.  I found that the IOs (and converters) pretty much paid for the pack, and everything else was positive return.  I haven't spent much on Winter Packs though; my rationale was that there are ATOs I can sell for more than 10mm, but there aren't any Winter-Os I can sell for more than 25mm, so for Winter Packs you are relying more on the RNG giving you two IOs per pack.

Who run Bartertown?

That's good to know. Perhaps if I hit 10 billion I'll play the game for a change of pace.

Somehow I'm at 4 now and I'm really not sure how. 

I seem to make influence easier now then on Live. Maybe I just remember the basics of how to do it again. Anyone else find this is the case?

Edited by Sakai