Base entrance portal trapping players

Lens Perchance

I'm having an intermittent problem with the entrance portal to a particular base. Players will spawn inside the portal ring, unable to leave it's border unless they click it to leave, or have edit access.  

Sometimes if they leave and reenter the base they are trapped again, sometimes not. If the can enter edit mode they can walk out of the portal and turn edit mode off to escape.  

This is only happening in one base, even though the entry way is similar to others, just a portal in the middle of a small room.

• Community Rep

Yep. This has happened to many people. It was happening in one of my bases consistently until I finally got the portal moved to where it was happier. In this case, it was also in the middle of the room, I simply raised the portal just a bit above the floor. I had tried rotating it, lifting it just a little bit, and a variety of other things before finally just putting it a bit off the floor. I don’t know for sure what’s happening, but it often relates to the portal intersecting with other objects like the floor or nearby things. It doesn’t have to be very much of an interaction for it to be temperamental. Sometimes rotating it to a new position helps for a while or solves it, sometimes you have to lift it so it’s free of anything on the floor, like I did. It’s certainly a bug that I wish they would fix.

-Dacy

• Like 2

I always get in the habit of moving my base portal back to where it belongs (not intersecting with the floor, even if its not currently bugged) on 1/4 every time i do any kind of editing in my base.  Just as a preventative measure. Havent seen this happen since, think its a code thing.

Edited by KingofMonkeys
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, KingofMonkeys said:

I always get in the habit of moving my base portal back to where it belongs (not intersecting with the floor, even if its not currently bugged) on 1/4 every time i do any kind of editing in my base.  Just as a preventative measure. Havent seen this happen since, think its a code thing.

Pretty sure it has something to do with the default positioning assigned to the portal, but I don't recall having the issue unless I've already began editing a base or tried to help someone Else who ran into it during editing. I forget if it's shift or control (likely shift), but simply holding that button down and dragging it up a few steps solves the problem right away as does just about any more drastic movement since this seems to reset where it "rests".

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

13 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Pretty sure it has something to do with the default positioning assigned to the portal, but I don't recall having the issue unless I've already began editing a base or tried to help someone Else who ran into it during editing. I forget if it's shift or control (likely shift), but simply holding that button down and dragging it up a few steps solves the problem right away as does just about any more drastic movement since this seems to reset where it "rests".

Yeah its always a good idea to replace it in a "safe" resting place after doing any kind of editing. I believe its like every few times you load the base or edit or w/e that objects may shift down or up ever so slightly. Enough to cause the bug sometimes unfortunately. Ive noticed brick walls doing this and objects on tables and stuff as well. My portal is ontop of grass so its happened in the past and its very annoying.

Edited by KingofMonkeys