Fire/Time/Dark, the ultimate DPS/Support/Tank hybrid

Auroxis

My Fire/team corruptor is still a baby (I'm still working on my Ice/Rad with ATOs, Winter IOs and Purples) so I have been mostly playing with the builds in Pine's including working in Winter IOs instead of purples, but I must say I keep coming back to your build or something almost identical. You did a great job!

I'm thinking about using this build while leveling up. Slot attuned enhacements as soon as the slot is available and slot the non-superior version of the ATOs. Obviously can't slot purples till 50, this is where maybe some winter IOs or Universal damage may be good placeholders, although regular sets are likely to suffice. I try not to rush to 60, it happens so fast anyway through regular play.

In fact this build on paper is so much more powerful than my ice/rad that I considered dropping her (currently at 45). But then yesterday I joined a team and someone asked "are we still at +4?" because everything became so much easier after I joined, so I decided to keep her and the 1/2 billion she will cost me in the end. (Guessing your build is about the same price?)

Ice/Rad is definitely a different beast, slower and more focused on handling single targets than speeding through content. The build cost is about 800 mil, pretty standard for a high-end build.

I must not have gotten the memo about Ice blast being single target. Ice Storm and Blizzard may be DoT but they are AoE and on my build come up very fast.

My Ice Corruptor gets credited for probably 2/3 of the kills, and single target blasts animate so fast that I can just constantly pick any stragglers.

I'm not arguing that Fire is the best AoE, for one thing it has 3 AoEs (fireball, RoF and Inferno) but I hate seeing Ice be put in a box it doesn't really fit in.

I finally played my Fire/Time corruptor some more. I played it a bunch solo because I feel that it's the best way to get a feel for  any character.

Time Crawl is great for solo play, reduces incoming damage from one or more target while you deal with the others

Time's juncture is a little bit like Storm's Hurricane but better if nothing else becuase of no knockback but is a big endurance suck at lower levels so I had to constantly juggle it in.

I'm still playing with the idea of variations on the build you posted. If we're going to have superspeed+prestige sprint stacking for invisibility, I'd love to take recall friend, although the temp power from P2Win is an option. If I give up invisibility and resign myself to slower flight or ninja speed, what would you grab from the primary or secondary that is worth using with a single slot?

Also, Flares vs Fire Blast, is it a matter of personal preference or is there a good reason to take Flares?

I'm still playing with the idea of variations on the build you posted. If we're going to have superspeed+prestige sprint stacking for invisibility, I'd love to take recall friend, although the temp power from P2Win is an option. If I give up invisibility and resign myself to slower flight or ninja speed, what would you grab from the primary or secondary that is worth using with a single slot?

I have an optional powers section in the OP. Distortion Field and Temporal Selection are solid pickups in place of Super Speed if you don't want its utility.

Also, Flares vs Fire Blast, is it a matter of personal preference or is there a good reason to take Flares?

Purely a matter of numbers. Since our attack chain (Blaze-Snipe-Blaze-Ball-Flares) revolves around getting maximum usage out of Blaze for DPS, the slightly higher DPA of Fire Blast over Flares doesn't make up for its animation time in regards to fitting in a chain with Blaze.

Auroxis I wanted to say thank you for sharing your build. I just hit 50 yesterday and I still need the ATOs and purples, but so far it has been a smooth ride. Will take me a while to get the missing IOs but as you said, the build is very good at it's core and I am having a lot of fun on Teams.

That's great to hear Razia!

I actually created another Fire/Time Corr a while back just to see how it does while leveling again, I was surprised at how well it performed from the get-go in DFB. Time's Juncture is amazing for DFB tanking, and Fire Ball slotted with all the prestige IO's absolutely wrecks packs there as well.

I am having some issues getting the Clarion Radial T4 and Farsight combo to give me insta snipe.  I'm following your build and I'm still working on the hamis and purple sets.  I have one hami and one to hit in farsight until I can finish it with another hami.  With clarion/farsight up my to hit is at 22.50%.  Am I missing something due to the missing sets/hamis? 

Really, really happy with this build. Though I only have finished one Purple set, and not fully incarnated even (Hybrid still needs unlock, others are T3), I was able to run Ephraim Shas dailies at x8. I am really impressed.

I cleared a Carni Map at x8 without being held. Makes me happy, still only finished one of the Purple sets, 4 to go. I tried some of the market guides, but they didn't work out for me, so I am mostly running either on Teams or stealthing tip missions for the Merits.

I did not slot any other sets, since I thought this would be a waste of money. I am slowly getting there, I miss one purple set and the 2 ATO purple sets. I got Alpha at T4, others at T3, but almost at Clarion T4.

I think now that I am comfortable with +2/x8 (I think I could go higher, but I want to clear fast), farming my favourite map is netting me more money/recipes/salvage to sell than just stealthing tip missions at +0/x1 (for quickness) for the 40 merits. At least it's definately more fun and I did get 3 purple recipes to sell so far.

This will my first fully Incarnated, fully build char. I had a Ill/Rad with perma PA on live, but incarnating was a lot slower. This build is so much fun and I like that it can do good solo and support.

Just curious that's your favorite map to farm with this build?

I am really trying to take my time with this character (that means I won't do things like MSR raids that level you too fast with uninteresting content, I'll use another character for that). So having it the best it can be before 50 was important enough to spend money on "levelling only" sets.

I think I put a lot of Positrons sets on this build while leveling, they are relatively cheap (less that 2 million per piece) so compared to the rest of the build, a drop in the bucket. When I get to 50 I will Respec and remove them and either sell them back or keep them for another character.

Respecs are not as precious as they used to and I need to Respec out of Tactics as suggested earlier in the thread anyway one I hit 50.

First I had a normal PI Radio Mission with Councils, but now I am doing the second Mission from Unai Kaimen with the open council map. I guess Freakshow might work too and will get you more exp/drops.

Prior to Level 50 I was teaming 90% of the time, just doing normal content. I did one MSR at lvl 49. I had 2XP though. I am doing a mix of farming and working on normal Story arcs atm.

Having a hard time completing the Superior Scourging Blast set as the one's I am missing aren't up on the AH. Is there any other way to get them?

Nvm, I thought catalysts were only for turning normal set IOs into attuned, but apparently you can turn the normal ATOs into superior. Wish I knew that earlier, because ATOs go for around 8 Millions and superior for around 20 - 25. Catalysts for 3,5 Millions. Do the math 🙂

Well, I am almost done, 3 Apocalypse enhancements to go and then I am done with the build I am Veteran Level 28 now.

Edited by Razia

2 hours ago, Razia said:

Having a hard time completing the Superior Scourging Blast set as the one's I am missing aren't up on the AH. Is there any other way to get them?

Enhancement converters (3 per use) will 're-roll' an enhancement, changing it into another enhancement in the set. So buy one of the pieces you already have and use enhancement converters on it until it becomes one you don't.

48 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

Enhancement converters (3 per use) will 're-roll' an enhancement, changing it into another enhancement in the set. So buy one of the pieces you already have and use enhancement converters on it until it becomes one you don't.

Thanks, see my editing above. 

On 7/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

I must not have gotten the memo about Ice blast being single target. Ice Storm and Blizzard may be DoT but they are AoE and on my build come up very fast.

My Ice Corruptor gets credited for probably 2/3 of the kills, and single target blasts animate so fast that I can just constantly pick any stragglers.

I'm not arguing that Fire is the best AoE, for one thing it has 3 AoEs (fireball, RoF and Inferno) but I hate seeing Ice be put in a box it doesn't really fit in.

At 50, spawns are so rarely tightly packed outside of fire farms so Fireball isn't all that useful except as a high dpa (mostly single target) attack and the absence from the Ice toolkit isn't a big deal. It's the same reason I find Soul Drain over-rated - it's rare to come across a situation where you can hit more than a small number of enemies with it. However, the double-Rain is a bit of a toss-up for Ice. On the one hand, you get all that Scourge. On the other hand, you can't effectively use damage procs. That being said, between Distortion Field and Slowed Response, any Time Manipulation build should be decent at AE.

However, I think it's inarguably that Ice is the single target king. Consider my Bitter Ice Blast (build below). I'm dealing 268 damage per attack over and above what the actual attack does. You can't slot Fire like that.

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), ImpSwf-Dam%(5), Apc-Dam%(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(7), Prv-Heal(9), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(9), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(17)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(17), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(19)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- HO:Nucle(A), Dmg-I(19), NrnSht-Dam%(21), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(21), GldNet-Dam%(23), UnbCns-Dam%(23)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(25), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(27)
Level 12: Ice Storm -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(29), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(31)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- GldNet-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31), NrnSht-Dam%(33), ImpSwf-Dam%(33)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- HO:Nucle(A), Dmg-I(33), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(34), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(34), ImpSwf-Dam%(34), CldSns-%Dam(36)
Level 20: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), ShlWal-Def(39), ToHit-I(50)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), Rct-ResDam%(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40), Rct-Def(40)
Level 32: Blizzard -- SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Dmg-I(42)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(43), Acc-I(43), RechRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(46), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(46)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(48), Ags-ResDam(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 49: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(15)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Cimeroran Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

Both Soul Drain and Fireball are 15ft radius, deal good damage and have some other perks like a -res proc and tons of +damage on Soul Drain, and a fast cast time on Fireball.

If you think those AoE's are only useful in farms and wanna argue for your Ice Blast Power Mastery Corruptor, please do it in your own thread instead of derailing this one.

1 hour ago, Auroxis said:

Both Soul Drain and Fireball are 15ft radius, deal good damage and have some other perks like a -res proc and tons of +damage on Soul Drain, and a fast cast time on Fireball.

If you think those AoE's are only useful in farms and wanna argue for your Ice Blast Power Mastery Corruptor, please do it in your own thread instead of derailing this one.

You're the only one being argumentative here. The notion of Ice/Time has been mentioned throughout the thread, but not really laid out in terms that would permit a direct comparison. I merely linked the build I'm playing to demonstrate why Ice/Time is an appealing alternative - and mentioned that the Soul Drain + Inferno notion doesn't really mesh with how much of the high end game is laid out/played.