Fire/Time/Dark, the ultimate DPS/Support/Tank hybrid

Auroxis

20 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

You're the only one being argumentative here. The notion of Ice/Time has been mentioned throughout the thread, but not really laid out in terms that would permit a direct comparison. I merely linked the build I'm playing to demonstrate why Ice/Time is an appealing alternative - and mentioned that the Soul Drain + Inferno notion doesn't really mesh with how much of the high end game is laid out/played.

I've already stated why I believe your notion of endgame not fitting well with Soul Drain and Fire Ball is incorrect. You're free to state your opinion, but don't state it as fact and as if you know the endgame better than me or anyone else.

Edited by Auroxis
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Auroxis said:

Both Soul Drain and Fireball are 15ft radius, deal good damage and have some other perks like a -res proc and tons of +damage on Soul Drain, and a fast cast time on Fireball.

If you think those AoE's are only useful in farms and wanna argue for your Ice Blast Power Mastery Corruptor, please do it in your own thread instead of derailing this one.

Agree, I run normal Story Content at x8 atm, and I can't confirm that Mobs are more spread out. I am doing RWZ arcs atm and it works just fine. Usually hit cap with Soul Drain.

• Like 2

Died for the first time, since I am done with the build. I was being stubborn, I did the whole RWZ arc on +1/x8, even the Gaussian part with the Vanguards and Longbows. Was doing fine but died then on the last mission. I am not very familiar with what they actually do, because my defenses did not drop, but I assume they got a lot of +tohit, because on a group with 3 bosses I went down pretty fast. Still unsure if it's actually +tohit, because I have no problems with Nemesis.

Edited by Razia

I've got this exact build but find that I don't have insta-snipe. 

I've got Clarion Radial Epiphany and two Membrane Exposures in Farsight.  When I fire off Farsight and Clarion my To-Hit buff is 89.27%

With most teams it's not an issue because someone will have Tactics running.  But solo it's annoying to not have insta-snipe.  I'm considering respeccing out of Mystic Flight and picking up Tactics.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  The build is identical.

You can always pop a yellow inspiration to get that instance snipe. Speccing out of Mystic Flight means you loose Rune of Protection which is the reason to take Sorcery in the first place.

Edit: sounds like Auroxis believes you should be at 90+ so maybebyou are doing  something wrong. Being so close, did get the wrong enhancement like a triple instead if a double, or is one of your enhancements below 50? (I didn't check the build in the OP to see if any were boosted above 50 and can't look right now)

Edited by Papaschtroumpf

3 hours ago, twincities said:

I've got Clarion Radial Epiphany and two Membrane Exposures in Farsight.  When I fire off Farsight and Clarion my To-Hit buff is 89.27%

With most teams it's not an issue because someone will have Tactics running.  But solo it's annoying to not have insta-snipe.  I'm considering respeccing out of Mystic Flight and picking up Tactics.

Perhaps you could benefit from enhancement boosters?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

7 hours ago, twincities said:

Sounds weird, maybe you're casting Farsight before Clarion?

4 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Auroxis, you were looking at a build with more AoE defense, what came out of that? Did you ever decide to change the OP?

The original build didn't have as much AoE defense, the build you see in the OP now is the changed one with AoE defense.

12 hours ago, twincities said:

I thought the special in Clarion ist boosting farsight, so you should fire of Clarion first and then Farsight

blech, Not a fan of things that need to be hit in sequence, but it's probably worth the inconvenience here.

How long to do you get insta snipe out of the 2 minutes decay of Clarion? According to Pine'sthe 60% to-Hit buff lasts for 22.5s every 2 minutes. Based on this conversstation, whatver the buff is at the time you activate FarSight is what you get ofr the full duration of Farsight (the full 2 minutes) in which case it's perma, but you must hit Farsight during the 1st 22.5s after activating Clarion.

(EDIT: I asked a questions about Clarion Radial in the general discussion and someone confirm this is indeed the case)

I don't understand how to calculate snipe requirements in Mids/Pine. Someone told me you need at leat 97% "base to-hit", but I don't know what that means in term of enhancement needed to whatever the unenhanced base is. Someone in /help told me you only need +22% for IOs/Powers to get there. This build without incarnate but with Farsight already has +35.5% so isn't that sufficient for perma snipe without relying on Clarion?

One disadvantage of Clarion Radial is that the mezz protection lasts only 90s vs 120s (perma) for the core version, so you are a trisk of being mezzed 1/4 of the time (ignoring the decaying effect of mezz protection). That's not so bad if you use Clarion as a breakfree that you can pop as needed, but if it's needed for the snipe, you may have popped it to retain your insta-snipe and it's not longer available on demand as a breakfree, right?

(EDIT: also confirmed in the other thread. I suppose you can't have everything)

Edited by Papaschtroumpf

Outside of Clarion Farsight the build also has Perma Soul Drain for ToHit. However I wouldn't rely on it for ToHit because it takes a while before you perma it, and it compels you to get into melee range every 30 seconds which sometimes isn't an option (like, imagine if you're trying to finish off a runner and Soul Drain duration ends).

As for the Mez protection, remember we have Rune of Protection as well to give very good CC protection coverage.

What Auroxis said, I rarely get mezzed, not even on x8 Carnie missions, because of the soft capped defense and the -tohit. But even then you can just use Rune of Protection. And I don't find it inconvenient to recast 2 buffs in a specific order every 2 minutes.

Plus, if I am not mistaken, doesn't the Hybrid/Support also provide a bit of mez resist?

On 7/30/2019 at 5:46 AM, Razia said:

I thought the special in Clarion ist boosting farsight, so you should fire of Clarion first and then Farsight

Doesn't matter which order I fire them off in, there is no Insta-snipe. 

The build is identical to what's posted on page 1 ...

If I fire off Farsight then Clarion my to-hit buff is at 89.27% (wrong order / no insta-snipe)

If I fire off Clarion then Farsight, my to-hit buff is at 97.27% (correct order / no insta-snipe)

No insta-snipe in either case

I can't see what I am doing wrong here...after-correct.thumb.jpg.fcd035f01a7fd4b272b016fa9071aeec.jpg

build.thumb.png.b81bfa95271dce2f3277a1f0df0c65ce.png

before.jpg

after.jpg

10 hours ago, twincities said:

Doesn't matter which order I fire them off in, there is no Insta-snipe. 

The build is identical to what's posted on page 1 ...

If I fire off Farsight then Clarion my to-hit buff is at 89.27% (wrong order / no insta-snipe)

If I fire off Clarion then Farsight, my to-hit buff is at 97.27% (correct order / no insta-snipe)

No insta-snipe in either case

I can't see what I am doing wrong here...after-correct.thumb.jpg.fcd035f01a7fd4b272b016fa9071aeec.jpg

build.thumb.png.b81bfa95271dce2f3277a1f0df0c65ce.png

before.jpg

after.jpg

You have instasnipe with 97.1%, the game just doesn't show it until 97.5%. fire it off anyway and it will be instant.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:32 AM, Darkir said:

You have instasnipe with 97.1%, the game just doesn't show it until 97.5%. fire it off anyway and it will be instant.

Thanks, you are correct.  I had just fitted my IOs out and wasn't seeing the circle, thinking mistakenly that meant no insta-snipe, stupid question, I should have just tried it in combat.

Having said that I have to say I love this build.  The insta-snipe really makes the attack chain excellent -- lots of damage. Plus all the other benefits:  defense capped... Celerity Stealth + SS so you can stealth missions... fantastic.

Thanks Auroxis.  Excellent and fun build right here.

10 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Sounds impressive. What level do you run those at? +0?

I haven't tried to solo a TF since homecoming brought the game back, maybe I'll have to give it a try again.

Since I was exemplared to level 15, 20 and 25 I did not feel very brave and went with standard heroic, plus I wanted to finish it quick. I tend to forget things so I wasn't aware that at the end of Synapse and Penelope there would be AVs, I thought it would be EB only. It was my first char I tried to solo a TF. I am pretty sure my old Ill/Rad on live would've managed though.

I recently built a Fire/time and went with Soul Mastery instead of Dark …..I know the base recharge on Soul Drain  is a lot higher but I like relying more on Power boost over clarion .... I managed to get it to only an 18 -24second down time when ageless is active. and I flip flop RoP and Melee core Embodiment to maintain a high lvl of resist.

mids_build.mxd

Not a fan of losing perma Soul Drain, also the Soul Mastery version has more cast time and less radius. But I can see why you'd dislike waiting on Clarion to cast Farsight.

I do like playing around with the Hybrid slot though, stuff like Melee/Assault Hybrids are perfectly viable. Support is just nice for the endurance stability it brings and the extra damage+tank for lore pets and your team.