New Mastermind Powerset : Attorney

Marine X

1) Cease and Desist: File paperwork informing your Opponent he isn't allowed to be Attacking you, under penalty of the Law.

2) Para-Legals: A group of three Para-legals bombard your opponents with Summons, legalese and Starbucks Coffee till they run away.

3) Lawsuit: You sue the pants off your opponents, literally, and now being pantless, they are easy pickings.

4) Restraining Order: You file Paperwork not allowing your opponent within 10 Yards, creating a safe zone from which you and your allies can pick them off.

5) Habeas Corpus: Your opponent is brought before the Judge, who pummels your opponent into submission with his gavel.

6) Bounty Hunter: You send a Bounty Hunter to bring in your opponent, with extreme prejudice, and force, for a small fee.

7) Class Action Suit: You file hundreds of suits, on behalf of others, till your opponent is destitute and buried under a mound of paperwork.

• Haha 8

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

A few questions:

-where is the Mastermind pet upgrade ability? You need to be able to empower your pets, giving them the necessary paperwork would be a good start!

-Is Habeas Corpus a summon for a Judge (or two?) Or is it a bizzare attack?

-Where are the Jr. Partners?

-maybe instead of a bounty Hunter, a super secretary/personal assistant, like Donna from Suits, is more in keeping?

-Are you dead set on this being Lawyers, or can this be paired down to a more "Suit" themed Mastermind? They could be lawyers, businessman, or Family accounting assassin's...

-what are the minions attacks? Do they have combat ties? Briefcase machine guns? Or do you really want them throwing legal papers at people?

-How can we take this from an amusing ponderance into a likely addition?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

A few questions:

Upgrade ability - BizHub ( Copier Scanner Fax ) - while active All Summon Pets are More Powerful, Efficient, and Have a Reduced Endurance cost. ( Also Para-Legals come to believe people want to see Photocopies of their butts )

Habeas Corpus, Para-legals and Bounty Hunter are pet summons. ( 1 Judge, 3 Para-Legals, 1 Bounty Hunter/Supr-Sec/Bailiff )

Jr Partners would be a good addition. ( but they are currently undergoing a Sensitivity Training Course )

Bounty Hunter may be able to become Super Secretary or a Bailiff, ( but Bailiff would need to modeled after Bull Shannon from Night Court, Nice Guy with a Billy club.)

The Minions ( Para-Legals ) Cause Paper cuts, Confusion and nearly impossible to remove coffee stains.

The Judge files a Subpoena forcing 1 to 3 oponnents to come before him then causes a major Gavel Imprint in the top of opponents heads and is not attackable.

The Bounty Hunter/ Bailiff would cause various kinds of Brawling Damage and May cause an Unexpected Counter Suit.

Class Action Suit would cause Pennylessness, Paper Cuts and Crushing/Smashing/Lethal Damage over time.

This was intended as harmless fun, but it would be funny to see what it looked like.

Edited by Marine X
  • Haha 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I think this brand of mastermind should have optional pet adds (for our farmer friends) for 1mil you can add 3 extra paralegals, for 10mil you get a pair of fairly inept jr partners who run around suing every mob in the room/map and for 25mil you get a super secretary who makes the aforementioned pets disappear 😁

Definitely a villain set.

I’d do 3 paralegals, 2 junior partners and a bought-off judge myself.

First upgrade would be Bribery... you throw money around to get better results. The second would be Graft... you abuse a political office to make them even more effective.

Other powers would be “Subpeona” which is a TP foe effect that leaves them disoriented, “Discovery” a mass +PER and +Acc buff and “Grant Immunity” which would grant allies mez protection.

Basic attack power would include “Cross Examination” a psychic damage attack with a pet defense buff effect, and “Objection” a psychic damage immobilize.