When Will There Be Any Actual Content Coming To This Server?

Sylar

1 minute ago, Sylar said:

Thats nice, nobody cares though, this post isnt about other servers and just goes to show that your intention in this conversation is just to moan about other servers, if you can write all of this down and post it to me, ill be sure it gets to the right department.

No, my point is that those other servers are setting an unreasonable expectation for "new stuff" because their "new stuff" is garbage.  I'd prefer quality updates or no updates over garbage updates.  And quality updates take time and effort, which is in short supply for a volunteer development team. 

The only reason the other servers have any updates is because they're willing to give you trash.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

I really don't see what the point is though. Why move to a server with such a low population ? Sure some of the changes can be fun to screw around with but you would need to be really starved for that content to even consider all the hassle that playing on a low population server like that.
On HC at any given time I can find a group to do almost any given piece of content. I am very happy with the pace of new content rolling out on HC, it just shows that the devs are doing it correctly and properly testing before putting any changes out.
I honestly don't see what the benefit would be to fracturing the population of people playing CoH is. This is what happens all the time with private servers. One of them becomes dominant and 99% of the population of people who are interested in playing a 15 year old game gravitate there. Sure the others with 50 max population have some nice ideas but if their ideas were that good and their server was that stable then they would have become the dominant server. Reality points out that most people just want to play CoH how it was when it closed down with a drip feed of new content that has been properly tested and vetted by the community

Its only low because people seem to think that this server is the most "official" server, and well it isnt, no server is official really, the other servers are updating and putting out the content on test servers and testing out as and when needed, you assume that no server does what HC does, that couldnt be more further from the truth, and no what you said isnt true about if the content was that good people would be there, it all boils down to who gets to be first in the race, Leo had 7 years with a private server until it was leaked, he had all those years to fix and update the game and add changes, thats more than what any other public server has had, so to call it a fair chance is not completely true.

1 minute ago, Omega-202 said:

No, my point is that those other servers are setting an unreasonable expectation for "new stuff" because their "new stuff" is garbage.  I'd prefer quality updates or no updates over garbage updates.  And quality updates take time and effort, which is in short supply for a volunteer development team. 

The only reason the other servers have any updates is because they're willing to give you trash.

You say trash i say quality, it really is just a matter of opinion but i see you just want to crap on any other server because you believe HC is the truth and lord almighty, thats fine i wasnt even here to appeal to others to switch, i was just asking about the quality of content and when can we expect more content, im not a story driven player in MMO's and that is perfectly fine as my preference.

1 minute ago, Sylar said:

You say trash i say quality, it really is just a matter of opinion but i see you just want to crap on any other server because you believe HC is the truth and lord almighty, thats fine i wasnt even here to appeal to others to switch, i was just asking about the quality of content and when can we expect more content, im not a story driven player in MMO's and that is perfectly fine as my preference.

It's not a matter of opinion.  The TK set was a broken mess and was pushed to live on a few servers.  I checked out the recent Crab changes and literally laughed at what they'd done.  They took the famed AT that could solo clear the RWZ pylons and literally gutted it into a shell of its former self for no other reason than "it didn't feel like we wanted".  

The other new ATs I've seen vids of are either broken in functionality, broken in strength or both.  These aren't opinioms, they're simply true.

And I'm not defending HC.  There's a lot that can be complained about, and I have.  But this is just not one of them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Omega-202 said:

It's not a matter of opinion.  The TK set was a broken mess and was pushed to live on a few servers.  I checked out the recent Crab changes and literally laughed at what they'd done.  They took the famed AT that could solo clear the RWZ pylons and literally gutted it into a shell of its former self for no other reason than "it didn't feel like we wanted".  

The other new ATs I've seen vids of are either broken in functionality, broken in strength or both.  These aren't opinioms, they're simply true.

And I'm not defending HC.  There's a lot that can be complained about, and I have.  But this is just not one of them.  

Have you actually tried playing any of the new sets? no i can bet you havent, no they are just opinions, get off your high horse, or better yet if you believe you can do better, go learn coding and contribute to making HC better then.

LOL not defending HC but then trashing what other servers have to offer....

You used my post to trash on other servers and the work they put in yet im shilling for other servers? makes sense.

Every week this cat posts the same "Why isn't HC doing THIS" thread in General, goes on to espouse how great all the other servers are in comparison to HC, moans that HC has such a large playerbase compared to other servers, speculates wildly as to why that is the case, then gets cross when people point out that his weekly 'question' is just a thin excuse to go on the same rant, again.  

It's just weird.

• Like 4

Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard, substandard training which will result in your eventual elimination.
That will be all.

1 minute ago, roleki said:

Every week this cat posts the same "Why isn't HC doing THIS" thread in General, goes on to espouse how great all the other servers are in comparison to HC, moans that HC has such a large playerbase compared to other servers, speculates wildly as to why that is the case, then gets cross when people point out that his weekly 'question' is just a thin excuse to go on the same rant, again.  

It's just weird.

Every week? please provide proof of this, i havent been on HC forums for a long time now so i dont know where you got this from, i didnt say how great other servers are, some ppeople commented on the other servers actually if you followed the conversation, im not cross, im annoyed that i have been accused of stuff in this thread when all i have done is ask about content, and apparently i ask this every week? lets see the evidence then!

15 hours ago, Sylar said:

Serious question, i see a lot of other servers moving ahead with new content, new storylines, more bug fixes and attention to the playerbase, the only thing that is stopping me from playing this server more is the fact that nothing really of value has been added in terms of new powersets (new sets from live from the original devs do not count and Sentinel has been around for 7 years+).

Is there a road map, a timescale or a conversation of things to come? is there any coders left working on this server? and is Leandro apart of this server anymore?

I would like to do a review of this server sometime but whats holding me back is the bad experiences ive had with this server and the lack of communication of certain things and lack of content, any information would be grateful thanks.

Just be happy the game is back. Don’t get to involved into it. They’re not being back by a studio. It’s ran by the community and the Holidays are pretty much here. Just relax. We’ll  get more stuff. Don’t be like this man. 

• Like 3

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Serious question, i see a lot of other servers moving ahead with new content, new storylines, more bug fixes and attention to the playerbase, the only thing that is stopping me from playing this server more is the fact that nothing really of value has been added in terms of new powersets (new sets from live from the original devs do not count and Sentinel has been around for 7 years+).

Is there a road map, a timescale or a conversation of things to come? is there any coders left working on this server? and is Leandro apart of this server anymore?

I would like to do a review of this server sometime but whats holding me back is the bad experiences ive had with this server and the lack of communication of certain things and lack of content, any information would be grateful thanks.

Just be happy the game is back. Don’t get to involved into it. They’re not being back by a studio. It’s ran by the community and the Holidays are pretty much here. Just relax. We’ll  get more stuff. Don’t be like this man. 

• Like 2

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Just now, Hops said:

Yeah you are right, im very grateful that we get to play this game.

I think OP is asking a fair enough question. It does come up quite regularly, though, to which the answer is always whenever the volunteer HC team has time, so there's not a lot to be said. Road maps will only serve to create disappointment - there are a few GM and HC team posts saying this scattered around the place.

I think your indicating that this is for a review, and that you create videos, implies an agenda. But I'd give you the benefit of the doubt that it's an unbiased comparison of servers. Actually, the last unbiased comparison I saw was really helpful for seeing where other folks have taken the game - there is too much vitriol out there from the rocky relationships some of these servers had to start with and I hope it eases off soon.

For me, the rate that other servers appear to be putting out content is a deterrent rather than an attraction to them. I hear mixed reviews about the quality of them and I'd prefer to play it safe. HC can stay in the state it's in indefinitely, I've buried my feet in here.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lines said:

I think OP is asking a fair enough question. It does come up quite regularly, though, to which the answer is always whenever the volunteer HC team has time, so there's not a lot to be said. Road maps will only serve to create disappointment - there are a few GM and HC team posts saying this scattered around the place.

I think your indicating that this is for a review, and that you create videos, implies an agenda. But I'd give you the benefit of the doubt that it's an unbiased comparison of servers. Actually, the last unbiased comparison I saw was really helpful for seeing where other folks have taken the game - there is too much vitriol out there from the rocky relationships some of these servers had to start with and I hope it eases off soon.

For me, the rate that other servers appear to be putting out content is a deterrent rather than an attraction to them. I hear mixed reviews about the quality of them and I'd prefer to play it safe. HC can stay in the state it's in indefinitely, I've buried my feet in here.

Yeah pretty much i do reviews for all the servers, but one thing i am is unbiased, i have no agenda what so ever, the last thing i want to get involved in is any type of drama, i want to grow my channel around superhero games and games i like, i hear what you are saying about the content and i can see why that it would seem like a detterent, a fair comment, if you enjoy it here then thats great, at the end of the day thats all that matters, i just dont like being accused of shilling for other servers when im not thats all.

Have you really done all the content??? I mean, there's still quite a few of the original storylines I have not done. I wish I had your kinda playtime, man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sylar said:

and is Leandro still part of this server?

From your OP

4 minutes ago, Sylar said:

but one thing i am is unbiased, i have no agenda what so ever, the last thing i want to get involved in is any type of drama

See, I am not buying it still. If you're not interested in the drama, why are you specifically asking about the central figure to any "drama" surrounding the game.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VV said:

Have you really done all the content??? I mean, there's still quite a few of the original storylines I have not done. I wish I had your kinda playtime, man.

The content that is on the game has been out for years, i havent played the new story lines so maybe ill give it a try, i wish i played more lol i have a job as well but i dont play much city of heroes as i used to now, think im a bit burnt out tbh.

5 hours ago, Sylar said:

i mean, you said this server "remains closer to the original game" but you are forgetting that all these changes were made by Leandro like 7 years ago, they are not official changes, so if the server has had 7 years of changes then it is far from being similar to the original game, if anything, Rebirth is staying closer to the original game.

Say what?

Your argument is "Other servers are all getting new content and powersets" AND "this server is the most changed"???  You don't see any conflict in that argument?

This thread doesn't feel like a friendly discussion.  It feels like you're just being negative about Homecoming.

5 hours ago, Sylar said:

in fact in my experience smaller communities means you get the help more and better teaming because people will engage with you more

That has not been my experience on COXG or Rebirth, which have been ghost towns every time I've logged on.  I did have a positive experience on We Have Cake, where the GMs greet you as soon as you materialize in AP.  I found the community both in game and on Discord to be fun and lively.  When I'm not playing with my established friends on HC, I will slip over to WHC, even though I don't really know them well.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

3 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

From your OP

See, I am not buying it still. If you're not interested in the drama, why are you specifically asking about the central figure to any "drama" surrounding the game.  

Because that particular person has had it out for me form the first day, i am worried about what might happen to me if i questioned anything or stood up for myself, ever since i made the video about coxg i have been verbally attacked and banned from the private server, i am concerned about the direction of the game with that person being around, specifically the part about how copyright laws are non existent in Argentina and has had a private server up for 7 years+ but all of a sudden now wants to go the "correct and legal" route, i am all for that, just seems doubling down to me.

3 minutes ago, Sylar said:

The content that is on the game has been out for years, i havent played the new story lines so maybe ill give it a try, i wish i played more lol i have a job as well but i dont play much city of heroes as i used to now, think im a bit burnt out tbh.

Sure, that makes sense. Maybe just time to take a CoH break and try some other games.

• Like 1

Just now, VV said:

Sure, that makes sense. Maybe just time to take a CoH break and try some other games.

I recently re-installed Rift for the first time in years.  What can I say?  I have a thing for "dead" games. 😁

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

2 minutes ago, Sailboat said:

Say what?

Your argument is "Other servers are all getting new content and powersets" AND "this server is the most changed"???  You don't see any conflict in that argument?

This thread doesn't feel like a friendly discussion.  It feels like you're just being negative about Homecoming.

No, the people in this thread are being negative to me over my opinion of this server, not once have i trashed this server but people come here to trash me, and that is not what i am saying, this server has had 7 years of work, has it not? even in that time it has very little done to it compared to what others have done in 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

That has not been my experience on COXG or Rebirth, which have been ghost towns every time I've logged on.  I did have a positive experience on We Have Cake, where the GMs greet you as soon as you materialize in AP.  I found the community both in game and on Discord to be fun and lively.  When I'm not playing with my established friends on HC, I will slip over to WHC to hang with them, even though I don't really know them well.

sorry to hear about your experience, but i hear what you are saying though, WHC are awesome yeah.

(new sets from live from the original devs do not count and Sentinel has been around for 7 years+)

Why not?  They're new to me, since I hadn't played since November 2012, so they definitely "count", as far as I'm concerned.  I was not one of the fortunate few who got to play on the super-secret SCoRE server after retail got shut down.  So it was all fresh and new to me, and to most other CoH fans.  I think that saying it doesn't "count" is unfair moving of the goalposts.

@Rathstar

3 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Why not?  They're new to me, since I hadn't played since November 2012, so they definitely "count", as far as I'm concerned.  I was not one of the fortunate few who got to play on the super-secret SCoRE server after retail got shut down.  So it was all fresh and new to me, and to most other CoH fans.  I think that saying it doesn't "count" is unfair moving of the goalposts.

Ok fair enough it does count, wasnt trying to move goal posts, i guess in my head after playing on the private server its not as new to me so i see your point.

2 minutes ago, Sylar said:

No, the people in this thread are being negative to me over my opinion of this server, not once have i trashed this server but people come here to trash me, and that is not what i am saying, this server has had 7 years of work, has it not? even in that time it has very little done to it compared to what others have done in 6 months.

That might be in how the wording of many posts  - and even the thread title (when will there be any actual content? Really?) - implies that nothing that has been done is of worth. It sets people up to respond defensively, and when you also praise other servers it comes across as a shill, whether that is intended or not.

Conversion to 64-bit can be, but usually isn't a small undertaking. There have been new arcs written. Tankers are undergoing a balance pass and getting a buff. None of this is happening quickly, but it's not nothing. As for the 7 years of work... I have no idea, but I doubt that much of that time was spent developing.

• Like 3