Hide Suggestion

Lockpick

I find that on my Stalkers that endurance is painful until the later levels.  I was thinking it might be nice if Hide functioned similarly to Field Operative.  I don't think Hide should give as much Recovery or Regeneration as Field Operative, but was thinking allowing the ability to slot End or Heal IOs for the passives would help with endurance in the early levels.  I also wouldn't mind if it allowed us to slot Resist IOs.  How overpowered would this be?

• 2 weeks later
On 11/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, Lockpick said:

I also wouldn't mind if it allowed us to slot Resist IOs.  How overpowered would this be?

You mean some Stalkers wouldn't have to take the Fighting pool to get Tough (so 2 power picks) in order to slot a pair of +3% Defense vs All set IOs?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

3 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

Hide doesn't use endurance so why would you need to slot end IOs?

The suggestion was to have Hide provide endurance and regen, so it would take endurance modification and Heal IOs, so you could put a performance shifter + End in Hide or the Heal procs.  A performance shifter + End in Hide and one in Stamina would probably cover most end issues.

3 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

Why not just three slot endurance until you get to the level where you'll want to use set bonuses to moderate your end usage?

Sure, I do this now.  The point was to make a suggestion so Hide would alleviate the need.  Field Operative has End and Regen, so I was suggesting Hide could as well.

35 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

You mean some Stalkers wouldn't have to take the Fighting pool to get Tough (so 2 power picks) in order to slot a pair of +3% Defense vs All set IOs?

Exactly!  You are one of our resident number crunchers, so I am curious how OP would this make Stalkers.  Anyway, it is all a dream.  I think Stalkers are performing pretty well as they are, so I guess I shouldn't be greedy.

• 2 weeks later

I think it'd be pretty overpowered.

It flabbergasts me that people have any end problems at all in this game at early levels now. You get stamina for free at level 2. We used to have to take Hurdle or Swift early in our builds, Health at 14, and Stamina at 20.  How did we even have an attack chain?? Now you have stamina at level TWO. For the first time ever I'm actually taking damage auras before level 22!

If it's that much of a problem 6 slot stamina and shove 6 endmod DOs into it and then respec at 22 when you have SO/IO equivalents. If you're still sucking wind you need to slot better or maybe adjust your playstyle to work within your end budget. (This is doubly true if the problems are in the 20s when you'd have what are basically the 'real' effective enhancements.) If it's really that bad you can simply buy Miracle or Numina procs with merits (though long term it's more cost efficient to use your merits for special salvage, but if you don't want to mess with the auction house they are directly purchaseable for about 2 Penelope Yin TFs or doing half the Hollows story arcs).

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

1 hour ago, Erydanus said:

It flabbergasts me that people have any end problems at all in this game at early levels now. You get stamina for free at level 2. We used to have to take Hurdle or Swift early in our builds, Health at 14, and Stamina at 20.  How did we even have an attack chain??

Because they actually have attack chains below level 20 now. When you only had two attack powers because you had to fit in Stamina and/or a travel power, it was a lot harder to run out of endurance because most of the time you just stood there waiting for powers to recharge while your endurance recovered from the last attack.

Honestly, I don't think Stalkers need a benefit to Hide, but I do think that many of the secondaries give up a lot for it.

Edited by siolfir

I don't agree, I was exaggerating when I said we didn't have attack chains. I think mostly people skimped on secondaries and relied on veteran attack powers. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

4 hours ago, siolfir said:

Honestly, I don't think Stalkers need a benefit to Hide, but I do think that many of the secondaries give up a lot for it.

And some give up almost nothing.  I can definitely see why this bothers some people's sense of fairness.

I prefer EnA for this reason.  

On 12/18/2019 at 10:28 AM, Erydanus said:

If it's that much of a problem 6 slot stamina and shove 6 endmod DOs into it and then respec at 22 when you have SO/IO equivalents. 

Doesn't ED (Enhancement Diversification) kick in here and pretty much cut you off at pretty much zero benefit after slotting 3 endmods?  Perhaps I'm missing something. 

18 minutes ago, tafilr said:

Doesn't ED (Enhancement Diversification) kick in here and pretty much cut you off at pretty much zero benefit after slotting 3 endmods?  Perhaps I'm missing something. 

You get diminished effects after 4 with DOs, but ED kicks in based on the type of slot and percentage slotted, not the number of enhancements to get there. 95% is 3 SOs; each DO is half of a SO. The first 4 DOs aren't reduced at all, #5 gets you to ~82% and #6 gets you to 95%.

Edited by siolfir
  • Thanks 1

Exactly this, which is why I don't like it when people say "ED kicks in after 3 of the same enhancement" - it doesn't, it's by %. It just happens that 3 SOs will land you at the ED sweet spot, which is about 95% for most powers, but for those that are on the 20% per SO scale (Defense, Damage Resistance being the most common) it's 56%. With the way set IOs work, I think it's important for people to just remember 95% and 56% as the break points. (There are actually other scales than this too... take a look at Knockback enhancements sometime...)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I admit, I was always a little sad that Stalker /Regen doesn't get Quick Recovery. 

But I have to agree with @Erydanus.  We got by just fine with no Stamina until lvl 20 back in the day.  I've never had an insurmountable end problem on any character on Homecoming.  I slot first for accuracy, second for end reduction, third for damage. Your attack chain will consume FAR more end over the course of a fight than your toggles, so slot the attacks first.