Tanker Gauntlet seems to cause some effects to AoE

ZorkNemesis

Not long ago I recall having a chat in the bug form about Staff and Sky Splitter having some kind of AoE effect that seems to have been attributed to Tanker's Gauntlet effect, which adds an AoE taunt to every single target attack.  It seems this effect may be unintentionally causing secondary effects of some attacks to apply to the Gauntlet AoE as well.  I've got a Dual Blades Tank right now who just trained 28 and got Vengeful Slice which causes a knockdown partway through the animation.  This knockdown seems to be applying to all targets in range of the taunt effect, but only the knockdown.  I recall my Dual Blades Brute on live servers, and that attack never dealt an AoE knockdown so i'm betting it's a Tanker problem and something is making me think it's more than just VS with this problem.  In case people ask about additional effects or slotting, Fire Armor is my shield and the only power slotted with a KD effect is Typhoon's Edge so there shouldn't be any external KDs going on here.  VS itself is fresh and only has an IO Damage currently.

As an unrelated but quick bug, Fire Armor's Consume states that it provides two minutes of "Endurance Protection" after use, which I assume is supposed to mean protection from recovery debuffs or endurance drains.  This doesn't appear to be doing anything.  Combat attributes reports no resistance to Recovery Debuffs, and Consume is not anywhere to be found on the spreadsheet after the 15 second recovery buff goes away.

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Consume is currently broken and I've reported it earlier. It does provide endurance protection (which works against drains - not recovery debuffs), but unlike its function on Live it doesn't stack with itself. That means that when Consume hits 4 targets, you only get the 1 buff for endurance protection, which by and large means it doesn't do very much at all.

Very disappointing!

Edited by summers

6 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Not long ago I recall having a chat in the bug form about Staff and Sky Splitter having some kind of AoE effect that seems to have been attributed to Tanker's Gauntlet effect, which adds an AoE taunt to every single target attack.  It seems this effect may be unintentionally causing secondary effects of some attacks to apply to the Gauntlet AoE as well.  I've got a Dual Blades Tank right now who just trained 28 and got Vengeful Slice which causes a knockdown partway through the animation.  This knockdown seems to be applying to all targets in range of the taunt effect, but only the knockdown.  I recall my Dual Blades Brute on live servers, and that attack never dealt an AoE knockdown so i'm betting it's a Tanker problem and something is making me think it's more than just VS with this problem.  In case people ask about additional effects or slotting, Fire Armor is my shield and the only power slotted with a KD effect is Typhoon's Edge so there shouldn't be any external KDs going on here.  VS itself is fresh and only has an IO Damage currently.

As an unrelated but quick bug, Fire Armor's Consume states that it provides two minutes of "Endurance Protection" after use, which I assume is supposed to mean protection from recovery debuffs or endurance drains.  This doesn't appear to be doing anything.  Combat attributes reports no resistance to Recovery Debuffs, and Consume is not anywhere to be found on the spreadsheet after the 15 second recovery buff goes away.

Regarding Vengeful Slice, looks like you're right: the Tanker version's Knockdown is missing the flag that limits it to the initial target. It becomes an AoE because the power itself is secretly an AoE to make Gauntlet work.

Regarding Consume, it doesn't give Resistance to Recovery Debuffs, it gives Resistance to Endurance Drain, which isn't an attribute that can monitored, I don't think.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

6 hours ago, summers said:

Consume is currently broken and I've reported it earlier. It does provide endurance protection (which works against drains - not recovery debuffs), but unlike its function on Live it doesn't stack with itself. That means that when Consume hits 4 targets, you only get the 1 buff for endurance protection, which by and large means it doesn't do very much at all.

Very disappointing!

Consume has given a flat 50% Endurance Drain resistance since Issue 18.

• Sad 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

These types of bugs used to pop up in Gauntlet almost every issue until around the time that Freedom went live. Be glad that this isn’t the one that made all Tanker attacks miss (which was live for about 5 months). Gauntlet bugs possibly returning is definitely something that needs to be looked into quickly.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 12/13/2019 at 3:29 PM, Myrmidon said:

These types of bugs used to pop up in Gauntlet almost every issue until around the time that Freedom went live. Be glad that this isn’t the one that made all Tanker attacks miss (which was live for about 5 months). Gauntlet bugs possibly returning is definitely something that needs to be looked into quickly.

Unfortunately the bug that turned all Tanker attacks into AOE with full damage didn't last long.☹️

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Unfortunately the bug that turned all Tanker attacks into AOE with full damage didn't last long.☹️

I believe it was four days on test. Four days that all Tankers lived on test.😁

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Haha 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 12/13/2019 at 3:29 PM, Myrmidon said:

thats okay, tanks dont need to do damage. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

I believe it was four days on test. Four days that all Tankers lived on test.😁

I seem to recall it made it Live for a few days but possibly I'm wrong.  I do absolutely remember it though.  Seismic Smash as a large AOE... fantastic.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler