Supergroup chat be sharable

DrRocket

This is a Quality of Life suggestion

I for one, and not alone, can be accused to be an ALT-O-Holic, is there a class and combo set, yeap, I am going to build it and raise it up.

This said my main problem is that SGs have a limited number of character slots that can be a member of the supergroup. If I have 20 alts, and others to, the supergroup would only have like 5 players total, which defeats the purpose of having an SG.

A solution to the problem maybe to increase the SG size to have several hundred membership, or do something else.

Since I have so many alts, I created an SG for them so I can store stuff and share among my alts without using the email system, the real reason I did the base incidentally, and then do a coalition with the SG as a player want to "operationally" be in. The problem is that players in the SG talks in SG chat and not in coalition as a practice, so if I am playing one of my alts that are not in the SG, I do not get to hear and contribute to normal SG traffic.

Thus the request, could there be a special say Coalition Plus arrangement, thus being able to read and write in the "host or main" SG, thus rendering the personal SG a bonafide extension of the main SG.

Only a thought

What is the cap for SG members?  (It was 150 on live..not sure if it has changed with HC)

Edit:  maybe just raise the cap for SG and use coalition chat for friends personal SGs (you would need to have an understanding amongst members to use coalition chat maybe even the motd set to remind folks)

Edited by EmmySky

On 12/18/2019 at 7:07 AM, DrRocket said:

The problem is that players in the SG talks in SG chat and not in coalition as a practice, so if I am playing one of my alts that are not in the SG, I do not get to hear and contribute to normal SG traffic.

Maybe you could change the SG message to remind people to use coalition chat instead of SG? Then they would have a reminder at least when they logged in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EmmySky said:

What is the cap for SG members?  (It was 150 on live..not sure if it has changed with HC)

Edit:  maybe just raise the cap for SG and use coalition chat for friends personal SGs (you would need to have an understanding amongst members to use coalition chat maybe even the motd set to remind folks)

I thought it had been raised from the 150, but not in any SG's nearly that large so don't know for sure

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I remember back on live several people suggested the SG limit should be on number of accounts rather than players.  So if you had 50 alts in a SG it'd still only count 1 against the SG limit.  Probably a technical reason why that isn't so easy to do, although always thought it was a great idea.

8 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

I remember back on live several people suggested the SG limit should be on number of accounts rather than players.  So if you had 50 alts in a SG it'd still only count 1 against the SG limit.  Probably a technical reason why that isn't so easy to do, although always thought it was a great idea.

Fantastic suggestion, as I said, I was looking for a solution for an SG composed of Alt-O-Holics players, Just about everyone in the SG I belong to has at least a dozen alts, even at 300 it does not take long to fill up.

The suggestion was more in the lines of a primary holding company with subsidiaries, where the SG is the holding company, and then each SG members' own SG that holds all their alts would be subsidiary. In the real world, the subsidiary companies have access to the main company communications, so it would be for the subsidiary SGs.

The problem with coalition solution, beyond requiring a discipline to use the coalition channel, is that it does not differentiate between allied SGs and the SGs formed by members who hold their many alts.

I think a mechanic where the count is based on the account and not the player is rather good idea, like the OP not sure about how difficult it would be to implement. Would welcome the concept that SG shows handles and the current alt being played at the time. This way the player when playing any of their alts, has access to SG chat and can freely participate in SG activities. Difficulties with my suggestion if you want to have alts in different SGs, or some not in an SG at all. Not sure how to work that issue.

8 hours ago, DrRocket said:

Fantastic suggestion, as I said, I was looking for a solution for an SG composed of Alt-O-Holics players, Just about everyone in the SG I belong to has at least a dozen alts, even at 300 it does not take long to fill up.

The suggestion was more in the lines of a primary holding company with subsidiaries, where the SG is the holding company, and then each SG members' own SG that holds all their alts would be subsidiary. In the real world, the subsidiary companies have access to the main company communications, so it would be for the subsidiary SGs.

The problem with coalition solution, beyond requiring a discipline to use the coalition channel, is that it does not differentiate between allied SGs and the SGs formed by members who hold their many alts.

I think a mechanic where the count is based on the account and not the player is rather good idea, like the OP not sure about how difficult it would be to implement. Would welcome the concept that SG shows handles and the current alt being played at the time. This way the player when playing any of their alts, has access to SG chat and can freely participate in SG activities. Difficulties with my suggestion if you want to have alts in different SGs, or some not in an SG at all. Not sure how to work that issue.

It would require completely re-writing pretty much all the code for Supergroups at a bare minimum, and quite probably a large chunk of the account code as well, there is a very close to zero chance of this even being considered by HC, and there would be quite some opposition to the change as well

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

The primary focus for an SG is to bring band characters together. You wanting basically the perks of a solo base to easily sahre stuff among your alt army while still having the perk of a large social group are at odds.

There is very little that needs to be  shared. as its far more effective to sell everything and buy what you need for each character. Attuned IOs are the best way to go, and well worth the investment. a collection of lower teir attuned melee IO from various sets for franken slotting early on will make hand me downing between the various melee AT easy, same with ranged sets  for blasters and the like.

SGs are per character not account and if they where based on account how then would we be able to have characters in multiple SGs? Which is far more important in my book.

Im glad you like the game and like to try all the different options but you have far too much to learn still clearly to be offering up all these limited in understanding ideas.

• Like 1

Best thing to do is to either use your own Coalition chat or have everyone sign into a new chat channel so that they can chat even if not on an SG alt at the time.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)