Claws/Bio, the scrapper version.

Sovera

I made this first as a Brute, reached 50, realized the main reason I had made it as a Brute was the AoE from the patron pools and Claws alone had enough to do an AoE chain all by itself and thus there was no reason to do second best.

Copying from what I wrote in another thread, the pros of the build:

- It starts very early. By level 18 the attack chain of Follow-Up, Slash and Focus is complete which means it exemps very well. Hasten was taken on purpose at level 20 so it helps for the lower level TFs (Posi 1, Posi 2 and Synapse which by dint of being so low level they do not activate the LotG 7.5%) since without recharge we get big gaps. If having zero intentions to exemp down then shift the power picks accordingly.

- It has an early AoE in Spin which is enough to tide us over until level 32. Unlike other sets like Super Strength or Stone Melee which are forced to do single target damage to level 32 and then if they exemp down they lose their AoE. By level 34 Follow-Up (accuracy, damage boost, chance of crit + chance of Build-Up) + Spin + Shockwave makes a gapless chain when AoE is desired. Hover over the enemies or put your back against a wall to best use Shockwave.

- Fast animations. No annoyances in ponderously doing a big wind-up and either whiffing or watching the target die while we are still animating.

- Very light in endurance which reduces or nullifies the usual woes before 50 and incarnates.

- Very short recharges which is the same as the above and being all IOed and tricked out. It also plays singularly well with the scrapper ATO since that one gives 3.5 seconds of extra crit chance and in 3.5 seconds a whole attack chain can be done (as long as we press the button while the buff is up it does not matter if the buff disappears before the animation has finished).

- The baked in CC in Focus and Shockwave (this one with the IO to make knock back into knock down) goes a long way to making us safe. Paragon Protectors can be made to flop until they die. Approaching a pack of enemies from the side instead of plunging into the literal middle of it is a very safe way to play since the knockdown-and-then-get-back-up animation is nearly the time it takes for Shockwave to recharge. This way it's common to keep a pack on their back until dead.

- Good places to have the +recharge proc of Force Feedback in Focus and Shockwave. The Claws part of the build doesn't care about it but Hasten and Ablative/DNA Siphon/Parasitic Aura welcomes it which also indirectly makes the build safer by making those clickies available more often.

- Complete AoE and single target chain means no NEED to dip into the epic pools which makes the build more flexible. Just take whatever you'd like.

- DNA Siphon is a swiss knife. Surrounded by enemies and need a heal? Use it on the live enemies. Finished killing a spawn and Endurance is midways down? Use it on the corpses for Recovery. Pay attention that it gives HP and Endurance on live enemies and Regeneration and Recovery on corpses. HP and Endurance are the green and blue bar. Regeneration and Recovery are what makes the green and blue bar refill faster.

Now the cons:

- Slash resistance mobs are a pain. Scrapper crits help a lot here though.

- 'Small' damage numbers compared to the big hitters like War Mace, Titan Weapons, etc. DPS wise Claws can keep up though, but CoH is a game of burst.

- Smaller damage means more hits are needed to kill something. Scrapper crits help once more with less overkill.

- Against many enemies DNA Siphon doubles as a heal instead of the Recovery tool it's usually used for. Against a single tough enemy DNA Siphon stops being useful. It neither heals nor returns endurance enough to merit its use which means against a single tough enemy we only have Ablative Shield as a defensive skill. Fortunately it is also a very good defensive skill, and we will be defense softcapped, and insps are there for emergencies.

Questionable choices:

- My first draft of the build had Zapp and Ball Lightning. I had no intention of using either and they were just mules. The second draft was just lazy: if I was not going to use the skills and just take them as mules then why bother do the red side patron arc AGAIN? So I took Caltrops and Shuriken. Exact same slotting as the above but minus having to go lick Black Scorpion's boots. As it turns I believe this is the 'better' choice. Caltrops does a fear effect which is preeeeetty good at giving us a breather. Cimemorians make your defense go into the negatives? Throw Caltrops before attacking, pick them one by one with your ST chain and Shockwave's long range cone replacing Slash while they slooowly flee. Doing some hard DA content? Caltrops, same. ITF boss pack at a Cyst? Same.

But I did a Katie TF, got dropped into Hurricane hell with +5 mobs on top of it and was whiffing at a marvelous 10% hit chance. So I tweaked the build, and respecced into Focused Accuracy and Physical Perfection. Focused Accuracy is pretty heavy in endurance costs but Physical Perfection makes up for it. Though my initial plan was to only use FA when needed I've tried playing with it and my endurance stayed up.

Now both are questionable choices: why bother Caltroping when we're Scrappers and can nom on an insp before going in? How often do we meet acc debuffing enemies that FA is necessary (the build was tweaked to passively have close or overcapped 95% accuracy against +3 enemies which is where our first incarnate level shift leaves us. Low level content is rarely ran at anything other than +0 or +1 so acc does not matter as much)? The answer is 'do what you feel you need' and to me it was getting that extra accuracy + the ToHit debuff resistance FA has since I sometimes horse around in the EA and have found myself against Banished Pantheon or CoT. While I usually just used to grit my teeth through it I now have an alternative to that.

A third better choice might be picking Parasitic Aura for those ohcrap moments and Assault for a bit more oomph. The world is your oyster.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Slash -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(7), TchofLadG-%Dam(7), TchofDth-Dam%(9), Hct-Dam%(9), AchHee-ResDeb%(11)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Spin -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Arm-Dam%(39)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GssSynFr--Build%(23), Hct-Acc/Rchg(25), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(25)
Level 10: Adaptation
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27), Rct-ResDam%(27), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(31), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 18: Focus -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Rchg(34), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ThfofEss-+End%(36), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Erd-Acc/Rchg(47)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Shockwave -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(40), KntCrs-Rechg/EndRdx(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(42), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(42), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(43), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), RctRtc-ToHit(43), EndRdx-I(45)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-RunSpd(39)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(13)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

If there is a demand for it I can cook a leveling build.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

Nice; trying this out. 

A few questions:

• Why the 1x Mako in Follow up? Wouldn't the 4 pc Superior Scrapper's Strike be better dmg?
  • Hasten is not permed, or is it after Ageless?
  • Physical Perfection is superior to Parasitic Aura? Or easier to manage since Auto?
  • Lore recommendation? 
  • Last, Hover on a scrapper? This is craziness, or I've been missing out...

Thanks for posting; surprisingly difficult to find any builds for this combo.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:46 PM, Chebeq said:

Nice; trying this out. 

A few questions:

• Why the 1x Mako in Follow up? Wouldn't the 4 pc Superior Scrapper's Strike be better dmg?
  • Hasten is not permed, or is it after Ageless?
  • Physical Perfection is superior to Parasitic Aura? Or easier to manage since Auto?
  • Lore recommendation? 
  • Last, Hover on a scrapper? This is craziness, or I've been missing out...

Thanks for posting; surprisingly difficult to find any builds for this combo.

- For the raw stats of the Mako. The Superior Scrapper's Strike is split in half to get the 3 piece 5% defense bonus twice.

- Hasten is not perma out of the box because of the sacrifices needed to lift S/L defenses on /Bio. But it becomes so by playing thanks to the Force Feedback procs in Focus and Shockwave. This build relies on Barrier to reach 45% defense to all (Barrier always gives a minimum of 5% and once T4 this is permanent).

- I prefer Physical Perfection. I find I don't need Parasitic Aura since /Bio is sturdy. Taking Parasitic is perfectly doable though, just put two +5 recharges in the slots.

- Musculature 45% damage, Degenerative T3 75% chance to lower HP, Assault damage buff, Barrier 120 seconds, Lore whatever.

- I like Hover. Easier to manage when speedboosted, we can hover out of Caltrops or ground effects, we can chase flyers, I like the easy maneuverability, and it turns cones into PbAoEs. It's not necessary though, Combat Jumping/Super Jump works too.

Edited by Sovera

• 3 weeks later

Hey Sovera. So I finally came around to rolling this combo, and it's the fastest I've taken a character to 50 on Homecoming (You know you're having fun when you've only made one alt in the time it took to get a toon to 50). Thing is an absolute blender. Claws is probably my favorite set in the game too. Perfect for exemplaring or high level.

Here's my build. Don't have the winter or purples slotted yet, but everything else is. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Ivory Rend: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(3), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RctArm-ResDam(11), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36)
Level 2: Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), AchHee-ResDeb%(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 6: Spin -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(13), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Obl-%Dam(17)
Level 8: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 12: Follow Up -- SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(27), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Adaptation 
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(42)
Level 18: Focus -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 22: Evolving Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(25), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 26: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 32: Shockwave -- SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(39), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Heal(43)
Level 44: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 14: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 14: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 14: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
------------

Can't believe it took me this long to roll the combo. Let me know your thoughts on the build!

Edited by crkohl
Sentence

45 minutes ago, crkohl said:

Hey Sovera. So I finally came around to rolling this combo, and it's the fastest I've taken a character to 50 on Homecoming (You know you're having fun when you've only made one alt in the time it took to get a toon to 50). Thing is an absolute blender. Claws is probably my favorite set in the game too. Perfect for exemplaring or high level.

Here's my build. Don't have the winter or purples slotted yet, but everything else is. 

Can't believe it took me this long to roll the combo. Let me know your thoughts on the build!

It's great, innit?

Alright, some things. You are overflowing in acc so you don't need either Tactics or the fourth slot in Environmental Protection. You also have a little too much defense. Either aim at 45% or aim at 40%, but everything in between is wasted.

If you go to options, configuration, Effects&Base Values and put Base ToHit to 48% you will see your chance of hitting +3. As you will see even without the ToHit of Follow-Up you're already at the 95% cap or completely flying past at 120%+ (and FU easily stacks twice, so this goes even further).

I've tried to optimize things a bit while still respecting your power picks. Two damage procs in Follow-Up now, two in Focus, a -res proc in your aura, those are bound to increase damage a bit. Shaved a second in Hasten.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Ivory Rend: Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), RctArm-ResDam(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), AchHee-ResDeb%(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 6: Spin -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(13), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Arm-Acc/Rchg(15), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 8: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def(19)
Level 12: Follow Up -- SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(21), Hct-Dam%(23), TchofDth-Dam%(23)
Level 14: Adaptation
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(27), Prv-Absorb%(29)
Level 18: Focus -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(29), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Rchg(31), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(31), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 22: Evolving Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(33), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(34)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), Rct-ResDam%(42), Rct-Def(50)
Level 26: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 32: Shockwave -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(37), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-%Dam(39), Erd-Dmg(40), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(42), Rct-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 41: Parasitic Aura -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal(48)
Level 44: Eviscerate -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit(50), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 14: Defensive Adaptation
Level 14: Efficient Adaptation
Level 14: Offensive Adaptation
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
------------

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later
5 hours ago, Elia87 said:

How does /bio do in engame compared to other secondaries??

Bit squishy, but this is mostly a problem when not following a Tanker. The faster you kill (and that's what Scrappers and Bio are good for) the less in trouble you will be. Things like the robots in Tinpex (they can be found in other missions) will be a problem since they shave defense and hit with Energy which is where Bio is weakest against.

17 hours ago, Elia87 said:

x/bio scrappers are a glass cannon. They are absolutely remarkable, then in the cast time for abalative carapace, you are dead. This is playing /bio on the bleeding edge though. With other secondaries you get a couple more seconds of wiggle room, but you have to play /bio like /regen and plan to stop your faceplant before you jump in. One way of doing this though? /bio lets you kill the thing before it kills you better than any other secondary. You aren't doing reactionary saves with /bio. You just die.

Claws/Bio is an underrated gem. One of my fav AT combinations. Craps out ridiculously good ST DPS (we're talking top 5, easy) and is most likely (not sure how to measure?) the best at AOE. And it exemps RIDICULOUSLY well. It get's follow up, slash, spin, and focus all before 20. And those are really all you need from the primary.

Edited by SomeGuy
wakka
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:54 AM, Elia87 said:

My StJ/Bio is an unkillable god.....as long as there aren't any defense debuffs coming in. He's softcapped to all types, so he plays a lot like an SR against certain enemy groups. If he's being debuffed, it turns into I have about 30 seconds to kill this thing before I die, because that's my cast cycle on my absorb and heal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ClawsandEffect said:

My StJ/Bio is an unkillable god.....as long as there aren't any defense debuffs coming in. He's softcapped to all types, so he plays a lot like an SR against certain enemy groups. If he's being debuffed, it turns into I have about 30 seconds to kill this thing before I die, because that's my cast cycle on my absorb and heal. 

You got a build for that? I have one but it's a stalker..not sure if there is any significant difference..

8 hours ago, ClawsandEffect said:

Exactly how it works. I often gave the example of the last boss in the ITF as well. With the auto-hit bypassing defenses my defensive cycle was Ablative, get it chewed in two auto hits, DNA Siphon, get HP to half in two hits, eat green insps until Ablative was up.

If there were no heals in the group this was not sustainable. But with this doom and gloom then a /Bio Scrapper must die all the time against the last boss of the ITF!?! No. Pretty much never. There are always heals or incarnates being used so death does not happen (often).

• 1 month later
On 7/10/2021 at 1:33 AM, Sovera said:

Exactly how it works. I often gave the example of the last boss in the ITF as well. With the auto-hit bypassing defenses my defensive cycle was Ablative, get it chewed in two auto hits, DNA Siphon, get HP to half in two hits, eat green insps until Ablative was up.

If there were no heals in the group this was not sustainable. But with this doom and gloom then a /Bio Scrapper must die all the time against the last boss of the ITF!?! No. Pretty much never. There are always heals or incarnates being used so death does not happen (often).

Necroing this a bit @Sovera! I’m still in search of a scrapper to play, and I thought this Claws/Bio combo looked really solid. I know you’ve been playing some other scrappers as of late as well.

I’m torn between going Claws/Bio, Claws/EA or matching either /Bio or /EA with Katana.

3 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Necroing this a bit @Sovera! I’m still in search of a scrapper to play, and I thought this Claws/Bio combo looked really solid. I know you’ve been playing some other scrappers as of late as well.

I’m torn between going Claws/Bio, Claws/EA or matching either /Bio or /EA with Katana.

Well, Bio is squishy until you get all the defenses in place. But I suppose that is true of everything. Consider that Ice Bio I posted recently so you're not as squish, or Claws/Invuln. EA too is great but it once more demands being in the 40s to have all defenses in place.

In a team it does not matter much since everything dies in seconds. At most just don't charge into the alpha without Ablative up.

• Thumbs Up 1

x/bio is a glass cannon. If played right, you will seem unkillable, but that's cause everything is dead before it can kill you. If a target stays alive just a smidge to long, you're eating an awaken. x/ena is a freaking GREAT armor set though. Definitely way more survivable than x/bio. You absolutely can't go wrong with either armor. They are both fantastic. It just comes down to what you value more. ENA and BIO for scraps both have a taunt aura. Actually, there isn't a single scrapper armor that is bad. Well, except regen. It's cold and wet grabage. It's the armor equivalent of playing in old dirty dish water. Don't roll melee regen on anything. OMG, just don't.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

x/bio is a glass cannon. If played right, you will seem unkillable, but that's cause everything is dead before it can kill you. If a target stays alive just a smidge to long, you're eating an awaken. x/ena is a freaking GREAT armor set though. Definitely way more survivable than x/bio. You absolutely can't go wrong with either armor. They are both fantastic. It just comes down to what you value more. ENA and BIO for scraps both have a taunt aura. Actually, there isn't a single scrapper armor that is bad. Well, except regen. It's cold and wet grabage. It's the armor equivalent of playing in old dirty dish water. Don't roll melee regen on anything. OMG, just don't.

Appreciate this man! Are there any particular primaries you think pair well with either /Bio or /EnA?

1 hour ago, StriderIV said:

Appreciate this man! Are there any particular primaries you think pair well with either /Bio or /EnA?

I really am biased towards claws, so I'd say it would pair with them well. Anything well, really. As for pairing with ENA? That depends on if you think you will IO the set and soft cap all the damage types. If not, any primary you enjoy that has an attack that does +def to melee/smashing (kat/broadsword/tw). Dark Melee pairs with, well, anything really. But it also applies -TOHIT which adds to your defense 1:1. Dark Melee also has an attack (siphon life) which heals you for a little. Dark Melee is definitely not the king of single target DPS, and has reputably bad AOE, but it has a pretty different play style compared to the other damage primaries. It has soe soft CC is the set and an end fill power too. It's pretty neat leveraging it's tools. I can't think of any bad primaries. Even sets that are VERY AOE heavy like Electrical Melee and Spines are good. Really good, amazing at what they do really. Just a matter of what you value.

Honestly, whatever set you enjoy the most pairs with well. Just don't do regen.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later
  • 1 month later
7 hours ago, Fr0stbyte101 said:

Is... uh, is it too late? I'd like to see how you could use this for leveling and general exemping for random TF's if its not too much to ask?

It's the same build for leveling and for exemplaring. The bonuses mostly stay in place for the later and with the exception of Shockwave the full single target and AoE kit is up and ready by level 20.

For leveling and while you have no money you can use this. It's mostly the same just much cheaper. It can be transitioned into the expensive end game gear little by little.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(3), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Slash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(15)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), Rct-Def(43)
Level 6: Spin -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(21), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Obl-%Dam(45)
Level 8: Follow Up -- ScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(25), ScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(25), CrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(27), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29)
Level 10: Adaptation
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 18: Focus -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(37)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40), Rct-Def(40)
Level 32: Shockwave -- ScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 38: Genetic Contamination -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Erd-%Dam(46), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(46), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 41: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50), Rct-Def(50)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(45), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19)
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later

I started playing in the character Builder trying to design a /Bio scrapper.  I've never ran Bio past lvl20 because I absolutely hate the look of the armor and I'm astounded that's what the original developers came up with.  Hideous.

When the costume was all said and done, I switched powersets because he looks more like a Claws/EA character (though I also really liked how he looked holding a Katana.

I've never used the minimal FX because I ultimately like to see my powers, but does it completely hide all of the huge carcass that /Bio what's to cover you with?

I may just keep him as is, but still considering re-rolling to before I start his long journey to 50.

3 minutes ago, Farmer Johnson said:

I started playing in the character Builder trying to design a /Bio scrapper.  I've never ran Bio past lvl20 because I absolutely hate the look of the armor and I'm astounded that's what the original developers came up with.  Hideous.

When the costume was all said and done, I switched powersets because he looks more like a Claws/EA character (though I also really liked how he looked holding a Katana.

I've never used the minimal FX because I ultimately like to see my powers, but does it completely hide all of the huge carcass that /Bio what's to cover you with?

I may just keep him as is, but still considering re-rolling to before I start his long journey to 50.

It does. Only Ablative still makes a carapace.

• Thanks 1

Jumping back into this thread cause I saw the notification 😅

This build is easily still the one I have the most fun with, and gets the most of my lvl 50 playtime. Absolute blender, as previously mentioned.

Thanks, Sovera!

• Thumbs Up 1