Known Solutions - Separated

Ok, so it's quite obvious that often on the internet not everybody searches or has weak search-fu. To help with that, I'd like to suggest having a separate Mod only folder pinned to the top called "Known Solutions" or the like. Perhaps have something like that for each major part of the forum. Each post would be created and updated by Mods/Devs and locked to prevent commenting. This way single solutions (not large threads with dozens of pages to sort through) can be linked to.

For example, we tend to see the issue with integrated graphics come up and off hand the thread I'm aware of has a HUGE amount of info inside (presumably to keep things neat and tidy). The common responses is "go look in this thread", but then you're faced with a wall of text. Taking threads like those and pulling out the individual solutions (with their own thread) might help with the "a ha! that's my problem!" type threads that keep coming. It won't Prevent such things, but it'll sure make the "teaching" part easier instead of having to remember which thread it was in.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Thatd be great if you could get people to read.  I see lots of suggestions in bug or general forums and I can't even tell you how many people don't read the 'create a game account' instructions. 

Forget search-fu, just open your eyes and someone else listed the same problem 5 minutes ago.  I see that a lot with Mac problems when there is a sticky for Mac problems.

Overall, though, I am always game for more organization!  +1

Edited by EmmySky

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, EmmySky said:

Thatd be great if you could get people to read.

Oh now you're just getting picky. ;)

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

12 hours ago, Megajoule said:

Case in point:

This thread belongs in the Website Suggestions & Feedback subforum.  This one is for game stuff.

True, but it would be a great player resource.  There's a real need for simple, basic solutions to common in game issues that will work for most players.  Yeah, it may not cover edge cases... that would be what a more in depth explanation would be for.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:28 AM, Megajoule said:

Case in point:

This thread belongs in the Website Suggestions & Feedback subforum.  This one is for game stuff.

That's what happens when you don't fully "read" and just click on something in the "haven't read yet" list that says "suggestions" and click post. :p

• Like 1