Hail of Bullets not giving defense bonus

plainguy

DP Kin Corruptor 

Have monitor window active for defenses but do not see any increase when Hail of Bullets is activated. 

Tried zoning to see changes.. Nothing.. 

Tried turning toggles on or off. 

removed incarnates..

Still nothing in the Combat monitor window.

• 2 weeks later
  • Retired Lead Game Master

I can confirm its working on my blaster as well - but this post is in the right place, so it will be looked into eventually 😄 Thanks for always looking into the details everyone!

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

I made a character on Pineapple just to test this, and I think the problem is that the +defense is flagged to cancel on miss.

If I stand on a roof with no mobs around in Atlas Park and hit Hail of Bullets while monitoring defense in combat attributes, there is no increase.

If I walk over to a group of Hellions and hit Hail of Bullets, I get 11.25% to Ranged, Melee, and AoE defense (since the report was about Corruptors, I made a Corruptor).

Move away from mobs, hit it again, no defense.

Move into a group, hit one, get +defense.

I think it should provide the +defense regardless of whether or not the power hits, but it is triggering when you hit a mob.

Edited by siolfir

5 hours ago, siolfir said:

I made a character on Pineapple just to test this, and I think the problem is that the +defense is flagged to cancel on miss.

If I stand on a roof with no mobs around in Atlas Park and hit Hail of Bullets while monitoring defense in combat attributes, there is no increase.

If I walk over to a group of Hellions and hit Hail of Bullets, I get 11.25% to Ranged, Melee, and AoE defense (since the report was about Corruptors, I made a Corruptor).

Move away from mobs, hit it again, no defense.

Move into a group, hit one, get +defense.

I think it should provide the +defense regardless of whether or not the power hits, but it is triggering when you hit a mob.

Confirmed on Excelsior.  I have a 39 DP/Rad Corr.  If I fire off HOB with nothing around me, no +DEF.  Unslotted, with hitting at least 1 target, +12 DEF.

EDIT: Tried on my DP/MC Blaster, no targets hit with HOB = no +DEF bonus.  Any target hit with HOB, +9.xx% DEF.

Edited by Crysis

• 3 weeks later

Chiming in, the Blaster description for HoB  includes:

If you hit at least one target you will gain a moderate melee, ranged and AoE Defense bonus for a brief period

So the desired effect is currently activ, if we are seeing no defense away from groups, and +defense in groups where a mob is hit.