Phantom Army Customisation

Riverdusk

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 2:57 PM, Riverdusk said:

Yeah, I remember people (including myself) doing the opposite of this change back on live and trying to come up with a costume for themselves that looked like the phantom decoys.

There was actually an entire supergroup where everyone was playing a PA clone. They also had assigned names that were permutations of lowercase L, 1, and 0, so their names all looked something like 11001010101011 but were actually unique. 

• Like 3

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 2 weeks later
On 1/15/2020 at 6:51 AM, Erydanus said:

There was actually an entire supergroup where everyone was playing a PA clone. They also had assigned names that were permutations of lowercase L, 1, and 0, so their names all looked something like 11001010101011 but were actually unique. 

On Live there was a group all called Duke of Illusion.  They could mix the L's and i's of Illusion so they all looked the same and looked like the same name.

• 2 weeks later

I haven't been able to figure out how to macro summoning clones and then changing costumes, all with one button press, but I did notice that if I start the PA summon and then change costumes in the middle, I can wind up with Decoys with both the starting costume and the costume I finished with.  The number just depends on the timing of the costume change.  

• Like 1

Well, they've shown proof that they can model pets based on your currently active costume. I would assume that they could model pets based on costume1 through costume6. But, other than dedicating a costume slot to a power, I don't know that they have a way to store full costume information for a power to summon a customized-looking pet. Treating it as a weapon customization pointing to a particular costume (the currently-active one) is probably a lot simpler code than writing code to store a customized character appearance for a power that's not stored in the costume slots.

10 hours ago, krj12 said:

I wish they'd take this to the next level, and just lets us customize the pets as we desire them.   You've already shown proof of concept that they can exist based on another costume.

9 hours ago, Coyote said:

Well, they've shown proof that they can model pets based on your currently active costume. I would assume that they could model pets based on costume1 through costume6. But, other than dedicating a costume slot to a power, I don't know that they have a way to store full costume information for a power to summon a customized-looking pet. Treating it as a weapon customization pointing to a particular costume (the currently-active one) is probably a lot simpler code than writing code to store a customized character appearance for a power that's not stored in the costume slots.

I assume the same as Coyote and suggested as such here 

Not sure how suggestions get reviewed by the powers that be but if more "love" and "bumps" help at all, feel free to give the suggestion some. The poor thread is languishing on page 7. 😛

Seriously though, would be great to get at least one of our own 1-6 costume slots or a custom costume slot dedicated to applicable pet powers.